Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu What is solution for this error "tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors"? Post 302822573 by Yoda on Tuesday 18th of June 2013 01:07:36 AM
Old 06-18-2013
Try switching off the verbose option -v and check if you can find an error somewhere during the archiving process.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file"

keep getting an error when I try to revert to a snapshot: "VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file" Im using vmware server 1.0.4, host OS is windows xp and guest OS is SLES. Is there anything I can do to recover the snapshot or am I in trouble!?!?! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
0 Replies

2. AIX

"too big" and "not enough memory" errors in shell script

Hi, This is odd, however here goes. There are several shell scripts that run in our production environment AIX 595 LPAR m/c, which has sufficient memory 14GB (physical memory) and horsepower 5CPUs. However from time to time we get the following errors in these shell scripts. The time when these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
11 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cannot register due to "spam" error message

Hi all, I am trying to register but it seems my IP address is being seen or black listed as a spam address. I get the following message: "Registration denied. Sorry, The UNIX and Linux Forums runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via by posting in this forum if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is this "Out of Memory!" error due to sort() of perl how to resolve it?

I am running a program written in perl script and it is stopped with "Out of memory!" error. This is very strange because at the time then the program is aborted, it only used 4GB RAM and there are still 30GB free physical memory left in the system. I check the perl script and found the program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilili07
3 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

"authentication failure" then "session opened". Why?

Ssh connections using shared public keys issue “authentication failure” messages, then succeed with “session opened”. I have found a few other threads with similar issue, but no solutions offered. :wall: How can I eliminate the failure messages? Environment: $ uname -a Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KennyCason
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Syntax Error sometimes due to corruption of variable value "

Hi , I have script as follows , #!/usr/bin/ksh -x if then alias echo="echo -e" fi MAX_ENTRIES=1024 nb_of_entries=`echo "$list_of_entries" | wc -w` # Set number of tables eval nb_of_tables=\`expr `expr $nb_of_entries / $MAX_ENTRIES` + 1 \` # Output the number of tables echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl failure with "main::$fn" used only once:" in error logs

Hi all, Can anyone guess why this is happening? I am new to Perl, so please help me to fix this error: - I have a static html file which calls the cgi-perl script. HTML Code: <html> <head> <title> Hey Dude! </title> </head> <body> <form method="POST"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
3 Replies
devmap_do_ctxmgt(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				      devmap_do_ctxmgt(9F)

NAME
devmap_do_ctxmgt - perform device context switching on a mapping SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int devmap_do_ctxmgt(devmap_cookie_t dhp, void *pvtp, offset_t off, size_t len, uint_t type, uint_t rw, int (*devmap_con- textmgt)(devmap_cookie_t, void *, offset_t, size_t, uint_t, uint_t)); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
dhp An opaque mapping handle that the system uses to describe the mapping. pvtp Driver private mapping data. off User offset within the logical device memory at which the access begins. len Length (in bytes) of the memory being accessed. devmap_contextmgt The address of driver function that the system will call to perform context switching on a mapping. See devmap_con- textmgt(9E) for details. type Type of access operation. Provided by devmap_access(9E). Should not be modified. rw Direction of access. Provided by devmap_access(9E). Should not be modified. DESCRIPTION
Device drivers call devmap_do_ctxmgt() in the devmap_access(9E) entry point to perform device context switching on a mapping. devmap_do_ctxmgt() passes a pointer to a driver supplied callback function, devmap_contextmgt(9E), to the system that will perform the actual device context switching. If devmap_contextmgt(9E) is not a valid driver callback function, the system will fail the memory access operation which will result in a SIGSEGV or SIGBUS signal being delivered to the process. devmap_do_ctxmgt() performs context switching on the mapping object identified by dhp and pvtp in the range specified by off and len. The arguments dhp, pvtp, type, and rw are provided by the devmap_access(9E) entry point and must not be modified. The range from off to off+len must support context switching. The system will pass through dhp, pvtp, off, len, type, and rw to devmap_contextmgt(9E) in order to perform the actual device context switching. The return value from devmap_contextmgt(9E) will be returned directly to devmap_do_ctxmgt(). RETURN VALUES
0 Successful completion. Non-zero An error occurred. CONTEXT
devmap_do_ctxmgt() must be called from the driver's devmap_access(9E) entry point. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using devmap_do_ctxmgt in the devmap_access entry point. The following shows an example of using devmap_do_ctxmgt() in the devmap_access(9E) entry point. ... #define OFF_DO_CTXMGT 0x40000000 #define OFF_NORMAL 0x40100000 #define CTXMGT_SIZE 0x100000 #define NORMAL_SIZE 0x100000 /* * Driver devmap_contextmgt(9E) callback function. */ static int xx_context_mgt(devmap_cookie_t dhp, void *pvtp, offset_t offset, size_t length, uint_t type, uint_t rw) { ...... /* * see devmap_contextmgt(9E) for an example */ } /* * Driver devmap_access(9E) entry point */ static int xxdevmap_access(devmap_cookie_t dhp, void *pvtp, offset_t off, size_t len, uint_t type, uint_t rw) { offset_t diff; int err; /* * check if off is within the range that supports * context management. */ if ((diff = off - OFF_DO_CTXMG) >= 0 && diff < CTXMGT_SIZE) { /* * calculates the length for context switching */ if ((len + off) > (OFF_DO_CTXMGT + CTXMGT_SIZE)) return (-1); /* * perform context switching */ err = devmap_do_ctxmgt(dhp, pvtp, off, len, type, rw, xx_context_mgt); /* * check if off is within the range that does normal * memory mapping. */ } else if ((diff = off - OFF_NORMAL) >= 0 && diff < NORMAL_SIZE) { if ((len + off) > (OFF_NORMAL + NORMAL_SIZE)) return (-1); err = devmap_default_access(dhp, pvtp, off, len, type, rw); } else return (-1); return (err); } SEE ALSO
devmap_access(9E), devmap_contextmgt(9E), devmap_default_access(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 22 Jan 1997 devmap_do_ctxmgt(9F)