Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz error Post 302822355 by Corona688 on Monday 17th of June 2013 11:25:50 AM
Old 06-17-2013
You may need zlib-devel or its redhat equivalent.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command find returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

Hello, I create a file touch 1201093003 fichcomp and inside a repertory (which hava a lot of files) I want to list all files created before this file : find *.* \! -maxdepth 1 - newer fichcomp but this command returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long but i make a filter all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yacsil
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

!/usr/bin/ksh error

Usually we use !/usr/bin/ksh at the start of the script.But if I am having this stuff in the scripts and calling one script from other its not working.What may be the reason behind it ? xyz.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "Hi" abc.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "I am fine" ksh xyz.ksh Its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

/usr/bin/find && -exec /bin/rm never work as expected

hi there, Would you able to advise that why the syntax or statement below couldn't work as expected ? /usr/bin/find /backup -name "*tar*" -mtime +2 -exec /bin/rm -f {} \; 1> /dev/null 2>&1 In fact, I was initially located it as in crontab job, but it doesn't work at all. So, I was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
9 Replies

4. Programming

can't compile under cygwin anymore, /usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt2.o etc

I have been compiling software under gcc3.4.4-999 cygwin for some time now. I was having an issue, so I decided to re-install gcc. After the re-install, I am getting the following errors from the linker, /usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt2.o: No such file or directory /usr/bin/ld: cannot find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use use /usr/bin/find for 4 digit year dirs only

I have lots of directories in ~/. My diaries are stored in directories in ~/ containing exactly 4 digits. How do I use the /usr/bin/find command to only search my diary directories? So I would like my search to include ~/2009/abc/def and ~/2010/2001/33 but not ~/103/ or ~/20101/ or ~/201/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

6. Programming

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpam

I'm trying to compile sudo on RHEL 4.8 and during the make I get the this error. Does anyone know what package I'm missing? gcc -o sudo sudo_auth.o pam.o mkstemps.o ldap.o exec_pty.o get_pty.o iolog.o audit.o boottime.o check.o env.o exec.o getspwuid.o gettime.o goodpath.o fileops.o find_path.o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

/usr/bin/scp error

I have this scp script running, /usr/bin/scp -r /cerner/mgr --exclude-from=/atg/move_exclude.dat 102.126.112.68:/cerner but am getting an error: --exclude-from=/atg/move_exclude.dat: No such file or directory I am wondering if the syntax is incorrect... I also have additional... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_regex-mt

...... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry burns
30 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to recursively /usr/bin/find only readonly files?

I'm having trouble because, for some reason, cp -R missed a few files. And so did xcopy/s. Since I'm running Cygwin on Win10, I decided to see if robocopy would be more effective. The trouble is someone, maybe xcopy/s or cp -R dutifully set certain files to be read only so when I try a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
6 Replies
LIBZ(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   LIBZ(3)

NAME
libz - compression/decompression library SYNOPSIS
[see zlib.h for full description] DESCRIPTION
The libz (zlib) library is a general purpose data compression library. The code is thread safe. It provides in-memory compression and decompression functions, including integrity checks of the uncompressed data. This version of the library supports only one compression method (deflation) but other algorithms will be added later and will have the same stream interface. Compression can be done in a single step if the buffers are large enough (for example if an input file is mmap'ed), or can be done by repeated calls of the compression function. In the latter case, the application must provide more input and/or consume the output (provid- ing more output space) before each call. The library also supports reading and writing files in gzip (.gz) format with an interface similar to that of stdio. The library does not install any signal handler. The decoder checks the consistency of the compressed data, so the library should never crash even in case of corrupted input. All functions of the compression library are documented in the file zlib.h. The distribution source includes examples of use of the library the files example.c and minigzip.c. A Java implementation of zlib is available in the Java Development Kit 1.1 http://www.javasoft.com/products/JDK/1.1/docs/api/Package-java.util.zip.html A Perl interface to zlib, written by Paul Marquess (pmarquess@bfsec.bt.co.uk) is available at CPAN (Comprehensive Perl Archive Network) sites, such as: ftp://ftp.cis.ufl.edu/pub/perl/CPAN/modules/by-module/Compress/Compress-Zlib* A Python interface to zlib written by A.M. Kuchling <amk@magnet.com> is available from the Python Software Association sites, such as: ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/python/contrib/Encoding/zlib*.tar.gz SEE ALSO
Questions about zlib should be sent to: zlib@quest.jpl.nasa.gov or, if this fails, to the author addresses given below. The zlib home page is: http://www.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/zlib/ The data format used by the zlib library is described by RFC (Request for Comments) 1950 to 1952 in the files: ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc1950.txt (zlib format) rfc1951.txt (deflate format) rfc1952.txt (gzip format) These documents are also available in other formats from: ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/png/documents/zlib/zdoc-index.html AUTHORS
Version 1.1.4 Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jean-loup Gailly (jloup@gzip.org) and Mark Adler (madler@alumni.caltech.edu). This software is provided "as-is," without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software. See the distribution directory with respect to requirements governing redistribution. The deflate format used by zlib was defined by Phil Katz. The deflate and zlib specifications were written by L. Peter Deutsch. Thanks to all the people who reported problems and suggested various improvements in zlib; who are too numerous to cite here. UNIX manual page by R. P. C. Rodgers, U.S. National Library of Medicine (rodgers@nlm.nih.gov). NOTES
Source for zlib is available in the SUNWzlibS package. 11 March 2002 LIBZ(3)