Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed error Post 302822097 by Just Ice on Monday 17th of June 2013 12:51:24 AM
Old 06-17-2013
Code:
Error message: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

the package is coming from a secure server on novell's side that has a security certificate that cannot be positively verified ... you can either retry the download again -- on the hope the issue has been fixed by now -- or you can call novell support to check if there are certificate issues with their package repository server ...
This User Gave Thanks to Just Ice For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Reserve Failed error for HD

Hi Guys, Anybody come across this error when formating a harddisk. "Reserved Failed" Supected hardisk failure, is my assumption correct. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigmoon
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Compilation failed error

Hi, I have installed automake in one of HP-UX boxes using swinstall command. But when i issue automake it gives the following error message. Can't locate loadable object for module IO in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/share/automake-1.10 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/PA-RISC2.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

curl certificate error

Hi, I am getting below error when I do ------------------------------- curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed More details here: cURL - Details on Server SSL Certificates... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

SSL certificate generation error 8016

Hi guys, I'm trying to generate a key using the genkey command in centos 6.4 and RHEL6.4, Every thing seems to go cool but I get this error message bad certificate request error -8016 and no key/cert is generated. I don't want use the many openssl(s) commands instead since genkey is a shourtcut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Yum is not working - certificate expired error

In my RHEL 5.3, i686 server, I am facing the following error, whenever I am using any yum command - "up2date_client.up2dateErrors.SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError: The certificate is expired. Please ensure you have the correct certificate and your system time is correct." Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

(Nagios)printer error on verify...WHY??

Issue: upon running - $ sudo /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg I'm receiving: Error: Could not find any hostgroup matching 'network-printers' (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/printers/NC_FrontOffice.cfg', starting on line 10) Error: Failed to process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgouette
2 Replies
SSL_get_peer_certificate(3SSL)					      OpenSSL					    SSL_get_peer_certificate(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_get_peer_certificate - get the X509 certificate of the peer SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> X509 *SSL_get_peer_certificate(const SSL *ssl); DESCRIPTION
SSL_get_peer_certificate() returns a pointer to the X509 certificate the peer presented. If the peer did not present a certificate, NULL is returned. NOTES
Due to the protocol definition, a TLS/SSL server will always send a certificate, if present. A client will only send a certificate when explicitly requested to do so by the server (see SSL_CTX_set_verify(3)). If an anonymous cipher is used, no certificates are sent. That a certificate is returned does not indicate information about the verification state, use SSL_get_verify_result(3) to check the verification state. The reference count of the X509 object is incremented by one, so that it will not be destroyed when the session containing the peer certificate is freed. The X509 object must be explicitly freed using X509_free(). RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL No certificate was presented by the peer or no connection was established. Pointer to an X509 certificate The return value points to the certificate presented by the peer. SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_get_verify_result(3), SSL_CTX_set_verify(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_get_peer_certificate(3SSL)