Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating subset of a file based on specific columns Post 302821931 by bartus11 on Sunday 16th of June 2013 06:57:07 AM
Old 06-16-2013
Try:
Code:
awk 'NR==1{for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) if ($i~"^Peak.Area") {printf $i" ";a[i+1]=1};printf "\n"}
NR>1{printf $1" ";for (i=2;i<=NF;i++) if (i in a) printf $i" ";printf "\n"}' file

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting specific columns from a file

Hi Friends, I want to delete specific columns from a file. Say my file content is as follows: "1","a","ww1",1234" "2","b","wwr3","2222" "3","c","erre","3333" Now i want to delete the column 2 and 4 from this file. That is I want the file content to be: "1","ww1" "2","wwr3"... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: premar
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a csv file based on Existing file

Hi I am Newbie to Unix.Appreciate Help from forum user would loada b.Csv File(Below example) in /data/m/ directory.Program need to read the b.csc to extract certain column and create a new file /data/d/ directory as csv file with new name. User File Format 1232,samshouston,12345... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skywayterrace
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep based on specific columns.

Hi, How can I grep a record for a value based on specific column. If I simply do a grep 'AB' FilenName.txt, I might end up getting the records returned whose part of value is 'AB'. But I want it specific to second column. cut -d'|' -f 2 FileName.txt | grep 'AB' But now it will return... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific columns in one file with columns in another file

HELLO! This is my first post here! By the way, I think it is great that people do this. My question: I have two files, one is a .dilm and one is a .txt. It is my understanding that the .dilm file can be treated as a .txt file. I wrote another program where I was able to manipulate it as if it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdib
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a file name based on date

I need to automate a weekly process of piping a directory list to a csv file. Normally I do ls -l > files_04182010.csv (04182010 being the date..) Can someome show me how I would script this, so that when the script is ran it grabs the current date and formats it and allows me to use that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a subset of data from a large dataset based on values on one line

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a file containing a large table in the format: marker1 marker2 marker3 marker4 position1 position2 position3 position4 genotype1 genotype2 genotype3 genotype4 with marker being a name, position a numeric... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davegen
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose whole file and specific columns

Hi, I have a file like this a b c d e f g h i j k l Case1: I want to transpose the whole file Output1 a d g j b e h k c f i l Case2 Transpose a specific column - Say 3rd (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swapping the columns of a text file for a subset of rows

Hi, I'd like to swap the columns 1 and 2 of a space-delimited text file but only for the first 1000 rows. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating subset of compilation errors

I am compiling a fortran program using gfortran and the result looks as below I want to write a bash or awk script that will scan the information and output only problems within a range of line numbers Example: If I specify the file createmodl.f08, start line 1000 and end line 1100, I will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Creating file based on conditions

Can anyone please assist? I have a .txt file(File1.txt) and a property file(propertyfile.txt) . I have to read the vales from the property file and .txt file and create the output file(outputfile.txt) mentioned in the attachment. For each record in .txt file,the below mentioned values shall be... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
20 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)