Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting One script for Linux Monitoring-free, sar, vmstat, mpstat Post 302821885 by Anamica on Sunday 16th of June 2013 02:17:23 AM
Old 06-16-2013
Yes i had solved the problem of mine yesterday only , i should be using -n swtch to repeat headers of vmstat in the output file. manual of vmstat served the purpose:-)
Thanks Alister, u got it right :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Server Monitoring Script !!!

I am the Linux Admin in my organisation and need to write a shell script which will monitor the machine statistics every day and will send a consolidated report to me on my email id / will display the output into a file. Does anyone have such kind of script fulfilling this kind of purpose? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Describe the parameters of iostat,vmstat and mpstat

Hi, I am trying to take the Statistics of the machine during load.Can someone explian the parameters of iostat: tty sd1 sd2 sd3 sd4 cpu tin tout kps tps serv kps tps serv kps tps serv kps tps serv us sy wt id vmstat: kthr ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grrajeish
1 Replies

3. Solaris

VMSTAT and MPSTAT anomalies

All: I have a V445 server with four IIIi CPUs and 8 GB RAM running Solaris 10 and an Oracle database along with some app server components and we have had some performance issues - so I collected some VMSTAT and MPSTAT data over the course of three days with a 15-minute polling interval. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffd4d
1 Replies

4. Solaris

prstat,vmstat,sar

Hi All, I have monitored prstat,vmstat and sar -u on sun system for 24 hours. Following is the output. Average Utilization : vmstat : 65% sar : 66% prstat :51%. vmstat and sar output are same but there is a 14-15% difference with prstat. What is the reason of this ? Regards,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snjksh
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Memory usage, free and used, using sar, top and vmstat in Solaris zone/container

Hi all, I have a server running an Oracle database that is part of a Solaris M5000 container. Presumably this is referred to as a zone within a cluster, not sure if I get the terminology right. Anyway, a third-party manages the zone and unfortunately is not "helpful/friendly" to assist me on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

6. SuSE

SUSE 11.4 sar monitoring not run by default.

Hi, I had installed sysstat package below on a SUSE 11.4 box. I can see the sysstat cron file listed under the directory /etc/sysstat. However, it looks like the sysstat sar monitor is never run at all and the daily sar files are not created under the directory /var/log/sa. The cron daemon is also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devtakh
1 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

what is the best free monitoring tool?

hello everybody, please could you tell me what is the best monitoring tool "Free" to monitoring sun servers in my DC. BR, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mpstat and sar

HI I ma using mpstat and sar commands to check the cpu utilisation but the results are not matching .I dont understand why thisis happening? $ sar -u 12 5 Linux 2.6.9-89.35.1.ELhugemem (abcd.efgh.com) 03/07/2013 02:43:16 AM CPU %user %nice %system %iowait %idle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mpstat script output

I have a script which runs the mpstat and prints the output in a file. In order capture highest cpu ususage from the generated output file, have to manually tail the output file and need to grab which cpu has highest value (which is very annoying) Is there a way we can automate that process of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Understanding & Monitoring CPU performance (Load vs SAR)

Hi all, Been reading a lot of the cpu load and its "analogy of it to car traffic path of expressway" From wiki Most UNIX systems count only processes in the running (on CPU) or runnable (waiting for CPU) states. However, Linux also includes processes in uninterruptible sleep states... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
13 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2009-11-23 Test::Script(3)