Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Linux fdisk question (Oracle Enterprise Linux) Post 302821869 by Just Ice on Saturday 15th of June 2013 09:26:29 PM
Old 06-15-2013
regarding your error messages ...

if you look at your partitions, each preceding partition ends exactly on the start of the succeeding partition (i.e., SDA1 ends at cylinder 13 where SDA2 starts, SDA2 ends on cylinder 144 where SDA3 starts, etc.). SDA1 should end at cylinder 13 and SDA2 should start at cylinder 14, SDA2 should end at cylinder 144 and SDA3 should start at cylinder 145 ....

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

hot-add disk in oracle enterprise linux 5.5

Hi all, I have an Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5 server which is a virtual guest on a vSphere host. I have provisioned 500GB disk space from SAN. I then migrated the VM from a 200GB disk onto the new 500GB disk. I then increased the disk space allocated to the VMware to the maximum size of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
7 Replies

2. BSD

OpenBSD fdisk - Linux fdisk compatibility ?

Hello, MBR partition table made by linux fdisk looks certainly not correct when printed by openbsd fdisk: Partition table created on linux (centos 6.3): # fdisk -l /dev/sdc Disk /dev/sdc: 10.7 GB, 10737418240 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1305 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

3. Linux

Oracle Enterprise Linux

Simple question: i need a linux distro wich support Veritas Storage,Veritas said Oracle Enterprise Linux is supported. The question is: where to download Oracle Enterprise Linux? I have tried https://edelivery.oracle.com But i found only Oracle Linux Server aka unbreakable Linux. Where to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
FFSINFO(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						FFSINFO(8)

NAME
ffsinfo -- dump all meta information of an existing ufs file system SYNOPSIS
ffsinfo [-g cylinder_group] [-i inode] [-l level] [-o outfile] special | file DESCRIPTION
The ffsinfo utility extends the dumpfs(8) utility. The output is appended to the file outfile. Also expect the output file to be rather large. Up to 2 percent of the size of the specified file system is not uncommon. The following options are available: -g cylinder_group This restricts the dump to information about this cylinder group only. Here 0 means the first cylinder group and -1 the last one. -i inode This restricts the dump to information about this particular inode only. Here the minimum acceptable inode is 2. If this option is omitted but a cylinder group is defined then only inodes within that cylinder group are dumped. -l level The level of detail which will be dumped. This value defaults to 255 and is the ``bitwise or'' of the following table: 0x001 initial superblock 0x002 superblock copies in each cylinder group 0x004 cylinder group summary in initial cylinder group 0x008 cylinder group information 0x010 inode allocation bitmap 0x020 fragment allocation bitmap 0x040 cluster maps and summary 0x100 inode information 0x200 indirect block dump -o outfile This sets the output filename where the dump is written to, and must be specified. If - is provided, output will be sent to stdout. EXAMPLES
ffsinfo -o /var/tmp/ffsinfo -l 1023 /dev/vinum/testvol will dump /dev/vinum/testvol to /var/tmp/ffsinfo with all available information. SEE ALSO
disklabel(8), dumpfs(8), fsck(8), growfs(8), newfs(8), tunefs(8), vinum(8) HISTORY
The ffsinfo utility first appeared in FreeBSD 4.4. AUTHORS
Christoph Herrmann <chm@FreeBSD.org> Thomas-Henning von Kamptz <tomsoft@FreeBSD.org> The GROWFS team <growfs@Tomsoft.COM> BUGS
Snapshots are handled like plain files. They should get their own level to provide for independent control of the amount of what gets dumped. It probably also makes sense to some extend to dump the snapshot as a file system. BSD
September 8, 2000 BSD