Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Linux fdisk question (Oracle Enterprise Linux) Post 302821869 by Just Ice on Saturday 15th of June 2013 09:26:29 PM
Old 06-15-2013
regarding your error messages ...

if you look at your partitions, each preceding partition ends exactly on the start of the succeeding partition (i.e., SDA1 ends at cylinder 13 where SDA2 starts, SDA2 ends on cylinder 144 where SDA3 starts, etc.). SDA1 should end at cylinder 13 and SDA2 should start at cylinder 14, SDA2 should end at cylinder 144 and SDA3 should start at cylinder 145 ....

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

hot-add disk in oracle enterprise linux 5.5

Hi all, I have an Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5 server which is a virtual guest on a vSphere host. I have provisioned 500GB disk space from SAN. I then migrated the VM from a 200GB disk onto the new 500GB disk. I then increased the disk space allocated to the VMware to the maximum size of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
7 Replies

2. BSD

OpenBSD fdisk - Linux fdisk compatibility ?

Hello, MBR partition table made by linux fdisk looks certainly not correct when printed by openbsd fdisk: Partition table created on linux (centos 6.3): # fdisk -l /dev/sdc Disk /dev/sdc: 10.7 GB, 10737418240 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1305 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

3. Linux

Oracle Enterprise Linux

Simple question: i need a linux distro wich support Veritas Storage,Veritas said Oracle Enterprise Linux is supported. The question is: where to download Oracle Enterprise Linux? I have tried https://edelivery.oracle.com But i found only Oracle Linux Server aka unbreakable Linux. Where to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
GLUCYLINDER(3G) 														   GLUCYLINDER(3G)

NAME
gluCylinder - draw a cylinder C SPECIFICATION
void gluCylinder( GLUquadric* quad, GLdouble base, GLdouble top, GLdouble height, GLint slices, GLint stacks ) PARAMETERS
quad Specifies the quadrics object (created with gluNewQuadric). base Specifies the radius of the cylinder at z = 0. top Specifies the radius of the cylinder at z = height. height Specifies the height of the cylinder. slices Specifies the number of subdivisions around the z axis. stacks Specifies the number of subdivisions along the z axis. DESCRIPTION
gluCylinder draws a cylinder oriented along the z axis. The base of the cylinder is placed at z = 0, and the top at z=height. Like a sphere, a cylinder is subdivided around the z axis into slices, and along the z axis into stacks. Note that if top is set to 0.0, this routine generates a cone. If the orientation is set to GLU_OUTSIDE (with gluQuadricOrientation), then any generated normals point away from the z axis. Otherwise, they point toward the z axis. If texturing is turned on (with gluQuadricTexture), then texture coordinates are generated so that t ranges linearly from 0.0 at z = 0 to 1.0 at z = height, and s ranges from 0.0 at the +y axis, to 0.25 at the +x axis, to 0.5 at the -y axis, to 0.75 at the -x axis, and back to 1.0 at the +y axis. SEE ALSO
gluDisk(3G), gluNewQuadric(3G), gluPartialDisk(3G), gluQuadricTexture(3G), gluSphere(3G) GLUCYLINDER(3G)