Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH scripting - Preventing wget messed downloaded files Post 302821849 by jcdole on Saturday 15th of June 2013 05:54:25 PM
Old 06-15-2013
No change with the latest version :
Code:
linux:~ # wget  -O  /data_temp/skype-4.2.0.11-suse.i586.rpm   http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-linux/downloading/?type=suse32/skype-4.2.0.11-suse.i586.rpm
--2013-06-15 23:44:23--  http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-linux/downloading/?type=suse32/skype-4.2.0.11-suse.i586.rpm
Resolving www.skype.com (www.skype.com)... 91.190.216.12
Connecting to www.skype.com (www.skype.com)|91.190.216.12|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 22246 (22K) [text/html]
Saving to: `/data_temp/skype-4.2.0.11-suse.i586.rpm'

100%[============================================================================================>] 22,246      --.-K/s   in 0.1s    

2013-06-15 23:44:23 (158 KB/s) - `/data_temp/skype-4.2.0.11-suse.i586.rpm' saved [22246/22246]

linux-srv:~ # 
linux-srv:~ # echo $?
linux-srv:~ #

The file saved is 21,7 Kb but should be 12.2 Mb

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Messed up tar files

I created tar files for directories using this command: tar -cvf * >tarfile what happened was I got a file tarfile with a list of the files and it took the first file in each directory and overwrote it with the actual tar file. I've been trying to figure out since yesterday what I did... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barb
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log FILES in BASH scripting

Hi Im new to BASH scripting, I have created a simple script #! /bin/sh LOCAL=/home/scanner NOW=$(date +"%b-%d-%y") LOGFILE="log-$NOW.log" cd $LOCAL echo 'Start'; echo $LOGFILE touch $LOGFILE (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackdaw
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preventing whitespace to be a delimiter in a for loop (bash/sh)

Hi, I have a for loop which iterates over a list of strings, separated by whitespace: $ list="1 2 3" $ for i in $list; do echo $i; done 1 2 3 I now want to introduce some strings containing whitespace themselves ... This is straightforward if I directly iterate over the list: $ for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkkoehne
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to limit files downloaded by wget

I am trying to download a page and retrieve only wav and mp3 files via wget. the website is: Alarm Sounds | Free Sound Effects | Alarm Sound Clips | Sound Bites my command is : wget -rl 2 -e robots=off -A wav,mp3 http://soundbible.com/tags-alarm.html When not using the -A wav,mp3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with WGET and renaming downloaded files :(

Hi everybody, I would greatly appreciate some expertise in this matter. I am trying find an efficient way to batch download files from a website and rename each file with the url it originated from (from the CLI). (ie. Instead of xyz.zip, the output file would be http://www.abc.com/xyz.zip) A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
10 Replies

6. Web Development

php files are downloaded

Hello, I have setup Cherokee web server and php 5.2 in Opensolaris zone. Problem is that all .php files are downloaded from web server and not served when I use IP address instead of DNS name in web brovser. Example: test.mydomain.com <-- php works 192.168.0.10/index.php <--... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kreno
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract urls from index.html downloaded using wget

Hi, I need to basically get a list of all the tarballs located at uri I am currently doing a wget on urito get the index.html page Now this index page contains the list of uris that I want to use in my bash script. can someone please guide me ,. I am new to Linux and shell scripting. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific image to be downloaded with wget

Hello All, I have gone through Google and came to know that we can download images from a site using wget. Now I am been asked to check whether an image is populated in a site or not. If yes, please send that image to an address as an attachment.. Say for example, the site is Wiki -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to join 2 text files using bash scripting?

Hi Guys, I want to combine 2 files and and put together in 1 file . See below desired output. Any help will be much appreciated. FILE AX 2134 101L 12345.00 22222.00 1 10 X 2134 101L 12345.00 22222.00 11 20 X 2134 101L 12345.00 22222.00 21 30 X 2134 111L 77777.00 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: H.R
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move files with first part as new filenamevia bash shell scripting?

I am on linux red hat, want to use the logic within bash shell script file. I have the following type, named files in folder /staging, want to move with new filename just the firstpart upto underscore, example 20180904105056.dat, how can i get upto first part of filename and validate to chk if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
2 Replies
RPMSPEC(8)                                                    System Manager's Manual                                                   RPMSPEC(8)

NAME
rpmspec - RPM Spec Tool SYNOPSIS
QUERYING SPEC FILES: rpmspec {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] SPEC_FILE ... select-options [--rpms] [--srpms] query-options [--qf,--queryformat QUERYFMT] [--target TARGET_PLATFORM] QUERY OPTIONS The general form of an rpm spec query command is rpm {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] You may specify the format that the information should be printed in. To do this, you use the --qf|--queryformat QUERYFMT option, followed by the QUERYFMT format string. See rpm(8) for details. SELECT OPTIONS --rpms Operate on the binary package header(s). --srpm Operate on the source package header(s). SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmkeys(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 October 2010 RPMSPEC(8)