Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting One script for Linux Monitoring-free, sar, vmstat, mpstat Post 302821803 by spacebar on Saturday 15th of June 2013 02:21:25 PM
Old 06-15-2013
One quick way is to pipe it through 'tail' only outputting line 2 through the end:
Code:
tail --lines=+2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Server Monitoring Script !!!

I am the Linux Admin in my organisation and need to write a shell script which will monitor the machine statistics every day and will send a consolidated report to me on my email id / will display the output into a file. Does anyone have such kind of script fulfilling this kind of purpose? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Describe the parameters of iostat,vmstat and mpstat

Hi, I am trying to take the Statistics of the machine during load.Can someone explian the parameters of iostat: tty sd1 sd2 sd3 sd4 cpu tin tout kps tps serv kps tps serv kps tps serv kps tps serv us sy wt id vmstat: kthr ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grrajeish
1 Replies

3. Solaris

VMSTAT and MPSTAT anomalies

All: I have a V445 server with four IIIi CPUs and 8 GB RAM running Solaris 10 and an Oracle database along with some app server components and we have had some performance issues - so I collected some VMSTAT and MPSTAT data over the course of three days with a 15-minute polling interval. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffd4d
1 Replies

4. Solaris

prstat,vmstat,sar

Hi All, I have monitored prstat,vmstat and sar -u on sun system for 24 hours. Following is the output. Average Utilization : vmstat : 65% sar : 66% prstat :51%. vmstat and sar output are same but there is a 14-15% difference with prstat. What is the reason of this ? Regards,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snjksh
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Memory usage, free and used, using sar, top and vmstat in Solaris zone/container

Hi all, I have a server running an Oracle database that is part of a Solaris M5000 container. Presumably this is referred to as a zone within a cluster, not sure if I get the terminology right. Anyway, a third-party manages the zone and unfortunately is not "helpful/friendly" to assist me on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

6. SuSE

SUSE 11.4 sar monitoring not run by default.

Hi, I had installed sysstat package below on a SUSE 11.4 box. I can see the sysstat cron file listed under the directory /etc/sysstat. However, it looks like the sysstat sar monitor is never run at all and the daily sar files are not created under the directory /var/log/sa. The cron daemon is also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devtakh
1 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

what is the best free monitoring tool?

hello everybody, please could you tell me what is the best monitoring tool "Free" to monitoring sun servers in my DC. BR, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mpstat and sar

HI I ma using mpstat and sar commands to check the cpu utilisation but the results are not matching .I dont understand why thisis happening? $ sar -u 12 5 Linux 2.6.9-89.35.1.ELhugemem (abcd.efgh.com) 03/07/2013 02:43:16 AM CPU %user %nice %system %iowait %idle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mpstat script output

I have a script which runs the mpstat and prints the output in a file. In order capture highest cpu ususage from the generated output file, have to manually tail the output file and need to grab which cpu has highest value (which is very annoying) Is there a way we can automate that process of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Understanding & Monitoring CPU performance (Load vs SAR)

Hi all, Been reading a lot of the cpu load and its "analogy of it to car traffic path of expressway" From wiki Most UNIX systems count only processes in the running (on CPU) or runnable (waiting for CPU) states. However, Linux also includes processes in uninterruptible sleep states... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
13 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)