Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Get IP address Command.
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Get IP address Command. Post 302821757 by KrazyKracker23 on Saturday 15th of June 2013 12:23:43 PM
Old 06-15-2013
Get IP address Command.

i need to pull ip address out after this command

Code:
ifconfig | grep jnc0 -1

output:
Code:
BOBVILLAMAC:~ bvilla$ ifconfig | grep jnc0 -1    inet 10.16.91.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.16.91.255

does anyone know how to do that

Last edited by Scott; 06-15-2013 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command for showing IP Address

Hi everyone, nice forum! I need to know if there's a command that will show the IP Address of the machine you are logged into. Eg when you type hostname it returns the name of the machine, I need one that returns the IP address only. Can anyone help or suggest commands that are almost what I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to know the IP address

I know the hostname of the m/c which is in the network... whats d command to know the ip address associated with the hostname. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Help Required: Command to find IP address and command executed of a user

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would figure out who has run which command and their IP. As i dont have any clue as to which commands would do this job, i request some gurus to help me on this. Thanks Vishwas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: loggedout
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how grep the inet address for in ifconfig command

hi, i want to know how to grep inet address for below below is the output of ifconfig command /home/JA> ifconfig eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:11:0A:5B:2E:E9 inet addr:161.239.203.18 Bcast:161.239.203.127 Mask:255.255.255.128 UP BROADCAST RUNNING... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to verify email address using mailx command ?

Is there any way i can verify the email address (before sending the mail) using the mailx command ? I know that sendmail -bv email@address.com can do it but there is a compatibility issues with the version of Unix we have. So mailx is the only command we can used at this point. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rak007
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

configure from address in mailx command

Hi, I need to configure customized from address in mailx command. Can you pls tell me the option for configuring from address. Thanks Latika (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: latika
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customizing from address in mailx command

Currently I am using mailx command for sending mails. But the mail is sent as from userid@servername by default. Is it possible to customise the from mail address in mailx command? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

9. SuSE

No IP address displayed in who command

when i open a terminal session of my SUSE server using puTTy and type "who am i" then it displays my local pc ip address. root@LinuxSUSE1> who am i root pts/8 2012-03-28 16:02 (192.168.134.213) But when i open a terminal session of my SUSE server using Xmanager's Xstart and type... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to include sender address

Hi, I m using mailx to send email. I am using sender=server name(display name) echo "body" | mailx -s "subject" -b "bcc address" "to address" -- -f "$sender". I should get email with sender as only display name. In stead i am getting displayname@server address. Please suggest Use code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
1 Replies
scrl(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    scrl(3XCURSES)

NAME
scrl, scroll, wscrl - scroll a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int scrl(int n); int scroll(WINDOW *win); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); PARAMETERS
n number and direction of lines to scroll win pointer to the window in which to scroll DESCRIPTION
The scroll() function scrolls the window win up one line. The current cursor position is not changed. The scrl() and wscrl() functions scroll the window stdscr or win up or down n lines, where n is a positive (scroll up) or negative (scroll down) integer. The scrollok(3XCURSES) function must be enabled for these functions to work. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
clearok(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 scrl(3XCURSES)