Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH scripting - Preventing wget messed downloaded files Post 302821717 by Scott on Saturday 15th of June 2013 10:35:14 AM
Old 06-15-2013
wget is actually downloading a "Thank you for downloading Skype" page (you can view the downloaded file in a Web Browser). You will need to find a direct download link, or download the file manually (assuming there's no way to wget can work around this, which I'm not aware of).
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Messed up tar files

I created tar files for directories using this command: tar -cvf * >tarfile what happened was I got a file tarfile with a list of the files and it took the first file in each directory and overwrote it with the actual tar file. I've been trying to figure out since yesterday what I did... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barb
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log FILES in BASH scripting

Hi Im new to BASH scripting, I have created a simple script #! /bin/sh LOCAL=/home/scanner NOW=$(date +"%b-%d-%y") LOGFILE="log-$NOW.log" cd $LOCAL echo 'Start'; echo $LOGFILE touch $LOGFILE (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackdaw
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preventing whitespace to be a delimiter in a for loop (bash/sh)

Hi, I have a for loop which iterates over a list of strings, separated by whitespace: $ list="1 2 3" $ for i in $list; do echo $i; done 1 2 3 I now want to introduce some strings containing whitespace themselves ... This is straightforward if I directly iterate over the list: $ for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkkoehne
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to limit files downloaded by wget

I am trying to download a page and retrieve only wav and mp3 files via wget. the website is: Alarm Sounds | Free Sound Effects | Alarm Sound Clips | Sound Bites my command is : wget -rl 2 -e robots=off -A wav,mp3 http://soundbible.com/tags-alarm.html When not using the -A wav,mp3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with WGET and renaming downloaded files :(

Hi everybody, I would greatly appreciate some expertise in this matter. I am trying find an efficient way to batch download files from a website and rename each file with the url it originated from (from the CLI). (ie. Instead of xyz.zip, the output file would be http://www.abc.com/xyz.zip) A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
10 Replies

6. Web Development

php files are downloaded

Hello, I have setup Cherokee web server and php 5.2 in Opensolaris zone. Problem is that all .php files are downloaded from web server and not served when I use IP address instead of DNS name in web brovser. Example: test.mydomain.com <-- php works 192.168.0.10/index.php <--... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kreno
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract urls from index.html downloaded using wget

Hi, I need to basically get a list of all the tarballs located at uri I am currently doing a wget on urito get the index.html page Now this index page contains the list of uris that I want to use in my bash script. can someone please guide me ,. I am new to Linux and shell scripting. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific image to be downloaded with wget

Hello All, I have gone through Google and came to know that we can download images from a site using wget. Now I am been asked to check whether an image is populated in a site or not. If yes, please send that image to an address as an attachment.. Say for example, the site is Wiki -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to join 2 text files using bash scripting?

Hi Guys, I want to combine 2 files and and put together in 1 file . See below desired output. Any help will be much appreciated. FILE AX 2134 101L 12345.00 22222.00 1 10 X 2134 101L 12345.00 22222.00 11 20 X 2134 101L 12345.00 22222.00 21 30 X 2134 111L 77777.00 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: H.R
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move files with first part as new filenamevia bash shell scripting?

I am on linux red hat, want to use the logic within bash shell script file. I have the following type, named files in folder /staging, want to move with new filename just the firstpart upto underscore, example 20180904105056.dat, how can i get upto first part of filename and validate to chk if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
2 Replies
FTP_NB_GET(3)								 1							     FTP_NB_GET(3)

ftp_nb_get - Retrieves a file from the FTP server and writes it to a local file (non-blocking)

SYNOPSIS
int ftp_nb_get (resource $ftp_stream, string $local_file, string $remote_file, int $mode, [int $resumepos]) DESCRIPTION
ftp_nb_get(3) retrieves a remote file from the FTP server, and saves it into a local file. The difference between this function and ftp_get(3) is that this function retrieves the file asynchronously, so your program can perform other operations while the file is being downloaded. PARAMETERS
o $ftp_stream - The link identifier of the FTP connection. o $local_file - The local file path (will be overwritten if the file already exists). o $remote_file - The remote file path. o $mode - The transfer mode. Must be either FTP_ASCII or FTP_BINARY. o $resumepos -The position in the remote file to start downloading from. RETURN VALUES
Returns FTP_FAILED or FTP_FINISHED or FTP_MOREDATA. EXAMPLES
Example #1 ftp_nb_get(3) example <?php // Initate the download $ret = ftp_nb_get($my_connection, "test", "README", FTP_BINARY); while ($ret == FTP_MOREDATA) { // Do whatever you want echo "."; // Continue downloading... $ret = ftp_nb_continue($my_connection); } if ($ret != FTP_FINISHED) { echo "There was an error downloading the file..."; exit(1); } ?> Example #2 Resuming a download with ftp_nb_get(3) <?php // Initate $ret = ftp_nb_get($my_connection, "test", "README", FTP_BINARY, filesize("test")); // OR: $ret = ftp_nb_get($my_connection, "test", "README", // FTP_BINARY, FTP_AUTORESUME); while ($ret == FTP_MOREDATA) { // Do whatever you want echo "."; // Continue downloading... $ret = ftp_nb_continue($my_connection); } if ($ret != FTP_FINISHED) { echo "There was an error downloading the file..."; exit(1); } ?> Example #3 Resuming a download at position 100 to a new file with ftp_nb_get(3) <?php // Disable Autoseek ftp_set_option($my_connection, FTP_AUTOSEEK, false); // Initiate $ret = ftp_nb_get($my_connection, "newfile", "README", FTP_BINARY, 100); while ($ret == FTP_MOREDATA) { /* ... */ // Continue downloading... $ret = ftp_nb_continue($my_connection); } ?> In the example above, newfile is 100 bytes smaller than README on the FTP server because we started reading at offset 100. If we didn't disable FTP_AUTOSEEK, the first 100 bytes of newfile would be ''. SEE ALSO
ftp_nb_fget(3), ftp_nb_continue(3), ftp_fget(3), ftp_get(3). PHP Documentation Group FTP_NB_GET(3)