Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conditional emailing with mysql query Post 302821711 by Just Ice on Saturday 15th of June 2013 10:14:33 AM
Old 06-15-2013
i'm thinking your mysql command is putting out extraneous info ... see if you can redirect the unneeded info (i.e., CHECKER=$(some_command | some_command 2> /dev/null) ... echo out the value of $CHECKER to make sure are only getting what you need ...

also, check your egrep output and see if HCS or ADM will not show HCS ADM ...

you could also combine your blocks to make the script shorter (see below) ...
Code:
PTMemails="acme@gmail.com"
HCSemails="acme@gmail.com"
PTMSubject="Email to group status - Sent"
HCSSubject="Email to group status - Sent"
CHECKER='mysql -u root --password=123456 smsd -e "select * from inbox ORDER BY ReceivingDateTime DESC LIMIT 1  \G" |egrep -w 'ADM|BS|HCS ADM|HC|IRC|IT|PTM|HCS''   ### tweak this line

if [ "CHECKER" = "TextDecoded: PTM test filter 19:38" ]; then
	message="send email to PTM"
	for address in $PTMemails; do
	      echo -e $message | mail -s $PTMSubject $address
	done
	echo " email sent to PTM contacts"
fi

if [ "CHECKER" = "TextDecoded: HCS test filter 19:38" ]; then
	message="send email to HCS"
	for address in $HCSemails; do
		echo -e $message | mail -s $HCSSubject $address
	done
	echo " email sent to PTM contacts"
fi

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to query one to many mysql

Hi there, I have a hierarchical database that include 4 tables. Table A is the parent of B, B is Parent of C, C is parent of D. If I want to query everything in D that is associated with A.name, how do I do that? Thanks! YanYan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql help : query with 2 conditionals

Hi there, I have a table that stores multiple records for many different servers, each of which is timestamped ... I wanted to write a query that would enable me to only output the "latest" record (based on timestamp) for each "unique" server. So for example my main table looks like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

3. Web Development

mysql query help

hello all i have 2 columns every column in the following format column1 2011-04-01 11:39:54 column2 2019-02-03 00:00:00 i want get difference between above data as following 2 days 11:39 how to do so ? i tried many functions but nothing works please advice what is the query... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql query in shellscript

Hi, I want to access mysql query from database , for that i have tried the below code #! /bin/bash TABLE_NAME=database1 USER_NAME=root IP_ADDR=111.20.9.256 somevar=`echo "select altid from alert where altid='2724'"| mysql -h $IP_ADDR -u $USER_NAME $TABLE_NAME ` echo $somevar ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

5. Programming

mysql query help

Hello i have created mysql query to compare to values and get difference in percentage as following: SELECT file_name, 100 - ((100 * (SELECT file_count FROM xipi_files z WHERE x.file_group = z.file_group AND x.file_name = z.file_name AND z.insert_date = CURDATE( ) - INTERVAL 1 DAY)) /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional bash/mysql query help

I think(hope) I've got a simple one - I just need to send an email if a mysql query returns any results (ideally - it will never match). Currently I just pipe the mysql query output to the mail program, but of course that emails regardless of the output( and I check this every 10 minutes from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcass78
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on conditional emailing

Hi All, The following databse table maintains VENDOR and EMAIL details. VENOR_NAME VENDOR_EMAIL DELL surendra@dell.com HP rajkamal@hp.com ACER sumathi@acer.com NOKIA kunal@nokia.com SONY sinu@sony.com We have to find emaild id of a vendor based... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
7 Replies

8. Programming

Need help in mysql query

Hi All, i have a table in mysql with the following data Table name Test Assettype Serial_No Status location Mouse 123456 In Stock chennai Mouse 98765 Allocated chennai Keyboard ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
2 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux