Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split email message with procmail Post 302821457 by waltari2001 on Friday 14th of June 2013 02:26:10 PM
Old 06-14-2013
The outgoing messages resulting from the split will be consumed downstream by our monitoring system, which will convert the email message (headers + body) into an event.

Since the incoming message could contain alerts on multiple hosts, I need to break it down into individual messages, one for each 'host'.

I'm already including a time stamp in the subject line (derived from the Created line).

Does this make sense?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

email attachment, with a message using mailx

Hi, I am trying to include a message along with an attachment with an email using mailx on AIX. uuencode Test.dat Test.dat| mailx -s 'Testing' mymail@yahoo.com < MESGFILE This only gives me the contents of MESGFILE as my message. If I remove the < FILE I recieve the attachment. What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split-Email-removing files

Friends, I have a datafile that have unknown a number of CHARACTERS. if the datafile have more than 1 character and less than 20 email me the file rm datafile if the datafile have more than 20 characters split the datafile into 20 characters in each file email datafileaa email... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Procmail 3.22 install error message

I'm trying to install : Procmail 3.22 onto a : E10K domain running : Solaris 2.6 Generic_105181-35 I untar the file to /stage/procmail-3.22. When I run the command: /usr/ccs/bin/make install I get the following message, then the install aborts: License Error : Cannot find license... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error-when trying to send the message thru email.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email. I have written below code. But it is not worling. Anybody has idea, why it is not working?. export $file1=$home1/pip1.$$ mailx -s "This Message from unix" abc@yahoo.com< $file1 thanks,Mary. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send contents of a file to email as a message

i have a file new1.txt i want to send the contents of that file as a message to email ali@sms.com i m using ksh script......... plz help me (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email alert doesnt contain any message

I have created a script which will monitor disk space in unix, it will send an email alert that will notify the specified receipients. I used echo in the mailx command but the email doesnt contain any message. I have used printf to store the message ($message2) and when tried to display on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lscanaleta
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get failure notice message when email is not sent.

I am using mailx command to send emails from the Unix command prompt. Whenever email is not sent it is not giving me any message "Email not sent" or failure delivery notice for the wrong email addresses. When I give correct email address I am able to receive them correctly. Can anyone please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: szc0025
0 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt (How to format message.txt for html email)

ssmtp has been running well under Kubuntu 12.04.1 for plain text messages. I would like to send html messages with ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt, but I cannot seem to get the message.txt file properly formatted. I have tried various charsets, Content-Transfer-Encoding, rearranging the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronald B
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Message Body while sending an email

I am making use of the following code to display the results of my txt file in an email: mail -s 'Count Validation Test Comparison Results' Ronit@XYZ.com < Count_Validation_Results_`date +%m%d%Y`.txt Email Output: ----------Query 1 Count Validation Results-------- Source count is 4 Target... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
7 Replies
SPAMASS_MILTER(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 SPAMASS_MILTER(8)

NAME
spamass-milter -- sendmail milter for passing emails through SpamAssassin SYNOPSIS
spamass-milter -p socket [-b|-B spamaddress] [-d debugflags] [-D host] [-e defaultdomain] [-f] [-i networks] [-I] [-m] [-M] [-P pidfile] [-r nn] [-u defaultuser] [-x] [-- spamc flags ...] DESCRIPTION
The spamass-milter utility is a sendmail milter that checks and modifies incoming email messages with SpamAssassin. The following options are available: -p socket Specifies the pathname of a socket to create for communication with sendmail. If it is removed, sendmail will not be able to access the milter. This may cause messages to bounce, queue, or be passed through unmiltered, depending on the parameters in sendmail's .cf file. -b spamaddress Redirects tagged spam to the specified email address. All envelope recipients are removed, and inserted into the message as 'X-Spam-Orig-To:' headers. -B spamaddress Same as -b, except the original recipients are retained. Only one of -b and -B may be used. -d debugflags Enables logging. debugflags is a comma-separated list of tokens: func Entry and exit of internal functions. misc Other non-verbose logging. net Lookups of the ignored netblocks list. poll Low-level I/O to the child spamc process. rcpt Recipient processing. spamc High-level I/O to the child spamc process. str Calls to field lookup and string comparison functions. uori Calls to the update_or_insert function. 1 (historical) Same as func,misc. 2 (historical) Same as func,misc,poll. 3 (historical) Same as func,misc,poll,str,uori. -D host Connects to a remote spamd server on host, instead of using one on localhost. This option is deprecated; use -- -d host instead. -e defaultdomain Pass the full user@domain address to spamc. The default is to pass only the username part on the assumption that all users are local. This flag is useful if you are using an SQL (or other username) backend with spamassassin and have listed the full address there. If the recipient name has no domain part (if the recipient is on the local machine for example), defaultdomain is added. Requires the -u flag. -f Causes spamass-milter to fork into the background. -i networks Ignores messages if the originating IP is in the network(s) listed. The message will be passed through without calling SpamAssassin at all. networks is a comma-separated list, where each element can be either an IP address (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn), a CIDR network (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/nn), or a network/netmask pair (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn). Multiple -i flags will append to the list. For example, if you list all your internal networks, no outgoing emails will be filtered. -I Ignores messages if the sender has authenticated via SMTP AUTH. -m Disables modification of the 'Subject:' and 'Content-Type:' headers and message body. This is useful when SpamAssassin is configured with 'defang_mime 0' and 'report_header 1', or when SA is simply used to add headers for postprocessing later. Updating the body through the milter interface can be slow for large messages. -M Like -m, but also disables creation of any SpamAssassin 'X-Spam-*' headers as well. Both tagged and untagged mail gets passed through unchanged. To be useful, this option should be used with the -r, -b, or -B flags. If -b is used, the 'X-Spam-Orig-To:' headers will still be added. -P pidfile Create the file pidfile, containing the processid of the milter. -r nn Reject scanned email if it greater than or equal to nn. If -1, reject scanned email if SpamAssassin tags it as spam (useful if you are also using the -u flag, and users have changed their required_hits value). For example, if you usually use procmail to redirect tagged email into a separate folder just in case of false positives, you can use -r 15 and reject flagrant spam outright while still receiving low-scoring messages. -u defaultuser Pass the username part of the first recipient to spamc with the -u flag. This allows user preferences files to be used. If the mes- sage is addressed to multiple recipients, the username defaultuser is passed instead. Note that spamass-milter does not know whether an email is incoming or outgoing, so a message from <user1@localdomain.com> to <user2@yahoo.com> will make spamass-milter pass -u user2 to spamc. -x Pass the recipient address through sendmail -bv, which will perform virtusertable and alias expansion. The resulting username is then passed to spamc. Requires the -u flag. -- spamc flags ... Pass all remaining options to spamc. This allows you to connect to a remote spamd with -d or -p. FILES
/usr/bin/spamc client interface to SpamAssassin SEE ALSO
spamassassin(1), spamd(1) AUTHORS
Georg C. F. Greve <greve@gnu.org> Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com> BSD
July 25, 2001 BSD