Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split email message with procmail Post 302821373 by waltari2001 on Friday 14th of June 2013 12:31:53 PM
Old 06-14-2013
Actually the Subject header is dynamic and will contain the concatenation of the
values of the Alert, Host & Created lines (e.g. Host Down on test1.local:30000 at 2013/06/13 14:11 GMT).

I've managed to use awk as follows:

cat msg.file | awk '/^Host:/,/^Created:/ { print $0 }'

But I need to process each extract between my two delimiters.

Thanks!

W

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

email attachment, with a message using mailx

Hi, I am trying to include a message along with an attachment with an email using mailx on AIX. uuencode Test.dat Test.dat| mailx -s 'Testing' mymail@yahoo.com < MESGFILE This only gives me the contents of MESGFILE as my message. If I remove the < FILE I recieve the attachment. What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split-Email-removing files

Friends, I have a datafile that have unknown a number of CHARACTERS. if the datafile have more than 1 character and less than 20 email me the file rm datafile if the datafile have more than 20 characters split the datafile into 20 characters in each file email datafileaa email... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Procmail 3.22 install error message

I'm trying to install : Procmail 3.22 onto a : E10K domain running : Solaris 2.6 Generic_105181-35 I untar the file to /stage/procmail-3.22. When I run the command: /usr/ccs/bin/make install I get the following message, then the install aborts: License Error : Cannot find license... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error-when trying to send the message thru email.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email. I have written below code. But it is not worling. Anybody has idea, why it is not working?. export $file1=$home1/pip1.$$ mailx -s "This Message from unix" abc@yahoo.com< $file1 thanks,Mary. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send contents of a file to email as a message

i have a file new1.txt i want to send the contents of that file as a message to email ali@sms.com i m using ksh script......... plz help me (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email alert doesnt contain any message

I have created a script which will monitor disk space in unix, it will send an email alert that will notify the specified receipients. I used echo in the mailx command but the email doesnt contain any message. I have used printf to store the message ($message2) and when tried to display on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lscanaleta
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get failure notice message when email is not sent.

I am using mailx command to send emails from the Unix command prompt. Whenever email is not sent it is not giving me any message "Email not sent" or failure delivery notice for the wrong email addresses. When I give correct email address I am able to receive them correctly. Can anyone please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: szc0025
0 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt (How to format message.txt for html email)

ssmtp has been running well under Kubuntu 12.04.1 for plain text messages. I would like to send html messages with ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt, but I cannot seem to get the message.txt file properly formatted. I have tried various charsets, Content-Transfer-Encoding, rearranging the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronald B
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Message Body while sending an email

I am making use of the following code to display the results of my txt file in an email: mail -s 'Count Validation Test Comparison Results' Ronit@XYZ.com < Count_Validation_Results_`date +%m%d%Y`.txt Email Output: ----------Query 1 Count Validation Results-------- Source count is 4 Target... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
7 Replies
proclint(1)							    2008-12-09							       proclint(1)

NAME
proclint - Lint procmail rc files for proper syntax SYNOPSIS
proclint [options] <procmail *.rc files> OPTIONS
-h, --help Display short help. -i, --includerc Scan and possibly list files included in code with INCLUDERC statements. -I, --noinclude Do not scan INCLUDERC references (default). -l, --list List lines in the procmail recipe files. -L, --nolist Do not list lines, except for errors (default). -p, --procmailrc Check $HOME/.procmailrca DESCRIPTION
Check procmail rc files for proper syntax, recipe nesting, etc. The output consists of: "LINE-NUMBER:FLAG:DEPTH: text". FLAG is one of: R recipe C condition A action (redirect, '!', or pipe, '|') F folder = assignment + continuation E *line may be erroneous* DEPTH indicates the depth of the recipe nesting and is shown only when greater than zero. BUGS
There are many bugs. E.g. multiline handling is not done (continued strings). Please regard the output as advisory only.x STATUS CODES
Program returns non-zero in case problem is found. ENVIRONMENT
None. FILES
None. SEE ALSO
procmail(1) AUTHORS
Program was written by Alan K. Stebbens <aks@sgi.com>. This manual page was written by Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net>. Released under license GNU GPL v2 or (at your option) any later version. For more information about license, visit <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html>. proclint 2008-12-09 proclint(1)