Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Usage of find and cp with duplicate Post 302821169 by Akshay Hegde on Friday 14th of June 2013 07:10:46 AM
Old 06-14-2013
Usage of find and cp with duplicate

Hi All ! I am trying to copy all files with extension .sh to one folder, following command I am using

Code:
find . -name \*.sh -print0 | xargs -I{} -0 cp -v {} Scripts/

above command working fine but I have some .sh file with same base name different directory, so I would copy all .sh file including duplicate, if suppose base name of 2 or more files are same then I want to rename them by adding number and then copy to destination. For example script.sh in directory foo and another script.sh in directory foo1 then destination directory Scripts should contain both script and it should have name like this script_1.sh script_2.sh

Note : I am trying to run above command from home directory so that all scripts in Desktop, Document and other folders can be copied to destination
please let me know how to modify above command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find duplicate files with find ?

hello all I like to make search on files , and the result need to be the files that are duplicated? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate value and create an

I need a perl script, which will run every midnight via cronjob and e-mail few users once it finds any duplicated value in a file which is located /etc/hosts, the file name is called hosts and the format of the file has 3 colums and some time 2 columns. The script will look for duplicate IP or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricky007
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find duplicate records... again

Hi all: Let's suppose I have a file like this (but with many more records). XX ME 342 8688 2006 7 6 3c 60.029 -38.568 2901 0001 74 4 7603 8 969.8 958.4 3.6320 34.8630 985.5 973.9 3.6130 34.8600 998.7 986.9 3.6070 34.8610 1003.6 991.7 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rleal
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Duplicate files, not by name

I have a directory with images: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 26216 Mar 19 21:00 020109.210001.jpg -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 21760 Mar 19 21:15 020109.211502.jpg -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 23144 Mar 19 21:30 020109.213002.jpg -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31350 Mar 20 00:45 020109.004501.jpg -rw-r--r-- 1 root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate files

What utility do you recommend for simply finding all duplicate files among all files? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiasas
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate based on 'n' fields and mark the duplicate as 'D'

Hi, In a file, I have to mark duplicate records as 'D' and the latest record alone as 'C'. In the below file, I have to identify if duplicate records are there or not based on Man_ID, Man_DT, Ship_ID and I have to mark the record with latest Ship_DT as "C" and other as "D" (I have to create... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find duplicate entries

I have a file contails as below I/P: 123456 123456 234567 987654 678905 678905 Like above i have 1000's of entries I need output as below O/P: 123456 678905 I'm using uniq -d filename it is showing results but it is missing few duplicate entries and i dont know why.Please... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate values in specific column and delete all the duplicate values

Dear folks I have a map file of around 54K lines and some of the values in the second column have the same value and I want to find them and delete all of the same values. I looked over duplicate commands but my case is not to keep one of the duplicate values. I want to remove all of the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
4 Replies
AFS-UP(1)						       AFS Command Reference							 AFS-UP(1)

NAME
up - Recursively copy directories, preserving AFS metadata SYNOPSIS
up [-v] [-1] [-f] [-r] [-x] [-m] <source directory> <destination directory> DESCRIPTION
The up command recursively copies the files and subdirectories in a specified source directory to a specified destination directory. The command interpreter changes the destination directory and the files and subdirectories in it in the following ways: o It copies the source directory's access control list (ACL) to the destination directory and its subdirectories, overwriting any existing ACLs. o If the issuer is logged on as the local superuser root and has AFS tokens as a member of the group system:administrators, then the source directory's owner (as reported by the "ls -ld" command) becomes the owner of the destination directory and all files and subdirectories in it. Otherwise, the issuer's user name is recorded as the owner. o If a file or directory exists in both the source and destination directories, the source version overwrites the destination version. The overwrite operation fails if the first (user) "w" (write) mode bit is turned off on the version in the destination directory, unless the -f flag is provided. o The modification timestamp on a file (as displayed by the "ls -l" command) in the source directory overwrites the timestamp on a file of the same name in the destination directory, but the timestamp on an existing subdirectory in the destination directory remains unchanged. If the command creates a new subdirectory in the destination directory, the new subdirectory's timestamp is set to the time of the copy operation, rather than to the timestamp that the subdirectory has in the source directory. The up command is idempotent, meaning that if its execution is interrupted by a network, server machine, or process outage, then a subsequent reissue of the same command continues from the interruption point, rather than starting over at the beginning. This saves time and reduces network traffic in comparison to the UNIX commands that provide similar functionality. The up command returns a status code of 0 (zero) only if it succeeds. Otherwise, it returns a status code of 1 (one). This command does not use the syntax conventions of the AFS command suites. Provide the command name and all option names in full. OPTIONS
-v Prints a detailed trace to the standard output stream as the command runs. -1 Copies only the files in the top level source directory to the destination directory, rather than copying recursively through subdirectories. The source directory's ACL still overwrites the destination directory's. (This is the number one, not the letter "l".) -f Overwrites existing directories, subdirectories, and files even if the first (user) "w" (write) mode bit is turned off on the version in the destination directory. -m Recognize and copy mount points rather than traversing the volumes they reference during the recursive copy operation. Without -m, up's default behavior is to copy the contents of all volumes and subvolumes mounted under the source directory into the volume containing the destination directory. -r Creates a backup copy of all files overwritten in the destination directory and its subdirectories, by adding a ".old" extension to each filename. -x Sets the modification timestamp on each file to the time of the copying operation. source directory Names the directory to copy recursively. destination directory Names the directory to which to copy. It does not have to exist already. EXAMPLES
The following command copies the contents of the directory dir1 to directory dir2: % up dir1 dir2 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "a" (administer) permission on the ACL of both the source and destination directories. COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 AFS-UP(1)