Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Need help in making bootable USB flash with customized 12.04 Post 302821065 by wisecracker on Friday 14th of June 2013 03:01:21 AM
Old 06-14-2013
Hi migurus...

That is the problem with USB sticks. They are not known for their speed.

That is why I chose PCLinuxOS 2009 for my netbook.

Remember! USB2 is only _theoretically_ capable of 480Mb/S, this sounds/looks fast but the overheads are very high, especially if it is being used as a _boot_port_.

The upside however, is, that it makes a machine like my netbook fully usable as a tool again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

bootable USB Stick || Fedora 8

Hello Everybody I am planning to install Fedora core 8 on an extra PC I have; what I wanna do is to boot from a USB stick then install Fedora from an ISO image I already have via FTP. Could any one tell me how to create bootable USB Stick for Fedora as I already found how to install from FTP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_nasr2001
0 Replies

2. Solaris

bootable X86 dvd and flash archives

I have created a bootable DVD for X86 using a flash archive, the problem is that I have to specify the location at the beginning of the install. I have edited the any_machine profile under ./jumpstart_sample to contain the following install_type flash_install archive_location ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Looking for help with creating bootable USB key

I am currently trying to create a bootable USB key that I can use to boot a couple different X86 single slot processors. Creating a basic key is as easy as can be but I am looking to customize this boot image to meet two important criteria: 1. The system must boot in text only mode as my only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingfish1760
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

making pen drive bootable

Anyone can plz tell me how to make pendrive bootable.unetbootin dont have option for red hat (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
0 Replies

5. Fedora

make bootable usb from iso

I need to boot the ultimate boot cd from an usb stick. Do I just copy the iso image to the usb key? How do I make the usb stick bootable? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

USB bootable RHEL6!

Hi I have ISO file of RHEL6. I want to install it on my WIndows 7 machine with dual boot. But my CD/DVD drive is not working. Please tell me how do you I make it USB bootable from my own Windows machine so that I can install it happily through flash drive. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies

7. Boot Loaders

Is Unetbootin capable of making any iso file bootable

1)It is a great experience to achieve what I got today. I had downloaded GParted iso file (135 MB size). Now to make a bootable usb of it, I used unetbootin and to surprise I succeded in entering Gparted application and modified my partitions. Earlier I was in a notion that it is used only for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
0 Replies

8. SuSE

How To make bootable USB with multiple ISO Files?

Hi All, I would need your assistance to make a bootable USB with SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server I have already downloaded relevant OS (Trail Version) packages @ 1) SLES-11-SP4-DVD-i586-GM-DVD1 2) SLES-11-SP4-DVD-i586-GM-DVD2 when I tried to open these packages with PowerISO one of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leaner_963
7 Replies

9. BSD

Bootable usb-stick, need help, sos

I would probably set all my rubber points here to get some real help for creating a boot device on a usb-stick. There is no CD-drive on this machine, thats why I need to use a usb-stick. And scrumming in a CD-drive to fuddle around in the fstab or something like that is out of reach. My wisdom so... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Restore .dmg containing multiple partitions to bootable USB flash drive

I have a .dmg file which was created from a disk consisting of two partitions. When I mount the dmg both partitions pop up, so I know the imaging worked properly. One partition is HFS+ and the other is FAT32. So far, I've been unable to find a way to restore the dmg to a flash drive where both... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulcristo
17 Replies
usb_dev_qlf_descr(9S)					    Data Structures for Drivers 				     usb_dev_qlf_descr(9S)

NAME
usb_dev_qlf_descr - USB device qualifier descriptor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/usb/usba.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) DESCRIPTION
The device qualifier descriptor usb_dev_qlf_descr_t defines how fields of a high speed device's device descriptor would look if that device is run at a different speed. If a high-speed device is running currently at full/high speed, fields of this descriptor reflect how device descriptor fields would look if speed was changed to high/full. Please refer to section 9.6.2 of the USB 2.0 specification. The USB 2.0 specification is available at www.usb.org. A device descriptor contains the following fields: uint8_t bLength Size of this descriptor. uint8_t bDescriptorType Set to USB_DESCR_TYPE_DEV_QLF. uint16_t bcdUSB USB specification release number in binary coded decimal. uint8_t bDeviceClass Device class code. (See usb_dev_descr(9s).) uint8_t bDeviceSubClass Device subclass code.(See USB 2.0 specification of applicable device class for information.) uint8_t bDeviceProtocol Protocol code.(See USB 2.0 specification of applicable device class for information.) uint8_t bMaxPacketSize0 Maximum packet size of endpoint 0. uint8_t bNumConfigurations Number of available configurations. uint8_t bReserved Reserved. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusbu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), usb_get_alt_if(9F), usb_get_cfg(9F), usb_get_dev_data(9F), usb_get_string_descr(9F). usb_parse_data(9F), usb_ctrl_request(9S), usb_cfg_descr(9S), usb_dev_descr(9S), usb_ep_descr(9S), usb_if_descr(9S), usb_other_speed_cfg_descr(9S), usb_string_descr(9S) SunOS 5.10 5 Jan 2004 usb_dev_qlf_descr(9S)