Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Confusion with Reg expression Post 302820777 by Scott on Thursday 13th of June 2013 12:26:25 PM
Old 06-13-2013
Code:
$ grep "/[^/]" file
/abc/abc/abc
abc/abc/abc
abc/abc/abc/
/abc/a bc/abc
/a bc/abc/abc
/abc/abc/a bc
/ abc/abc/abc
/abc/ abc/abc
/abc/.abc
/.abc/abc
/abc
/.abc

You can add more "invalid" characters in the [...] set, as you like.

If you want to validate the existence of these directories, then you can run that through a loop.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Reg. Expression

I need help with this: Can any one tell me what does these below mean: 1. "\(.\).*") != '/' 2. sed 's+^\./++;s+/.*++' 3. sed "s+${f}/+ + Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl reg expression

I have regular expression like this ( replace + with \+) ($mod_server) = ($server =~ /\+/\\+/g); the above is failing with error . what's wrong with it . Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expression For

HI system.sysUpTime.0 : Timeticks: (1519411311) 175 days, 20:35:13.11 From the above output i need only 175days in a perl script.. Please Help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python (startswith) reg expression

Hello together, Yesterday I have recieved the script in the forum which works well. This script should insert in the previous line, the line that starts with ";". I'd like this process to recur after any arbitrary sign unless there's a number as a sign at the beginning of a line. Actual... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: research3
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk reg expression

Hello, I have thousand of messages (HL7), I want to use awk to extract only the ones that have a particular value in pv1.18 Each record in the file is the whole HL7 message, ie. when I print $0 I get the whole message MSH EVN PID etc. ,there is an x0d between the segments. I would like to use a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If Then ElseIf Script - Confusion Around Expression's Syntax

Hello, I am relatively new to UNIX scripting and am learning a lot. I have already tried several searches on this website and have tried various syntax options suggested to no avail. I am obviously not writing the script correctly. I really do appreciate any and all the help. Below is an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dqrgk0
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expression

Please let me understand this reg expression (\s+')(.*)('\s+)(.)(.*)(\/.*)/) i have doubt in the below 2.I'm not understanding why back-tick used? (\s+') and ('\s+) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg expression in perl

./GEN_SCR.pl -f ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/wide1c_1.0V/max/qor.rpt -o ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/GEN2_wide1c_1.0V_max.csv where GEN_SCR.pl is as below...i need to check whether max or min is coming in the argument to the script ...how to do this? ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/wide1c_1.0V/max/qor.rpt ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg expression in perl

how to uniquely match each of the words seperated by / in perl ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/wide1c_1.0V/max/qor.rpt https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

REG Expression

Need your help in creating regular expression for particular set. let say I have given two dates 20130623 to 20140625. I need to create regular for the dates which fall in between above two dates. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
4 Replies
FS_WHEREIS(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_WHEREIS(1)

NAME
fs_whereis - Reports each file server housing a file or directory SYNOPSIS
fs whereis [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs whe [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs whereis command returns the name of each file server machine that houses the volume containing each directory or file named by the -path argument. OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names each AFS file or directory for which to return the host file server machine. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output includes a line for each specified directory or file. It names the file server machine on which the volume that houses the specified directory or file resides. A list of multiple machines indicates that the directory or file is in a replicated volume. Machine names usually have a suffix indicating their cell membership. If the cell is not clear, use the fs whichcell command to display the cell in which the directory or file resides. To display the cell membership of the local machine, use the fs wscell command. EXAMPLES
The following example indicates that volume housing the directory /afs/abc.com resides is replicated on both "fs1.abc.com" and "fs3.abc.com": % fs whereis -path /afs/abc.com File /afs/abc.com is on hosts fs1.abc.com fs3.abc.com PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
fs_whichcell(1), fs_wscell(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_WHEREIS(1)