Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare two numbers which present in two different files Post 302820695 by rajamadhavan on Thursday 13th of June 2013 08:55:14 AM
Old 06-13-2013
Code:
$ awk 'FNR==NR {a[$1]=$3;next} {OFS=" "} $1 in a {if ($3==a[$1]) t=0; else {t=$3-a[$1]};print $0,t}' 1.txt 2.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare decimal numbers

Hi anyone, i need to compare two decimal numbers i thought that it could be do it with if but... :( So, i'm writing in csh and i really apreciate if anyone can help me if ( $ppl_kn <= $ppl_wb ) then echo "############# KNdiscount model has the lowest perplexity" set... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmxps
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare big real numbers

Hi everyone, I need to compare 2 big Floating/Real numbers in a script. After the comparission it is showing worng values in my script. echo "Enter value1" read value1 echo "Enter value2" read value2 Result=`echo "if($value1 > $value2) 1" | bc` if ; then echo "$value1 is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: padarthy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare the interval of 2 numbers of input2with interval of several numbers of input1

Help plz Does any one have any idea how to compare interval ranges of 2 files. finding 1-4 (1,2,3,4) of input2 in input1 of same key "a" values (5-10, 30-40, 45-60, 80-90, 100-120 ). Obviously 1-4 is not one of the range with in input1 a. so it should give out of range. finding 30-33(31,32,33)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: repinementer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files and extract the data which is not present in other file with condition

I have 2 files whose data's are as follows : fileA 00 lieferungen 00 attractiop 01 done 02 forness 03 rasp 04 alwaysisng 04 funny 05 done1 fileB alwayssng dkhf fdgdfg dfgdg sdjkgkdfjg funny rasp (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajniman
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all the files in the present path and Folders and subfolders files also

Hi, I need a script/command to list out all the files in current path and also the files in folder and subfolders. Ex: My files are like below $ ls -lrt total 8 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc users 419 May 25 10:27 abcd.xml drwxr-xr-x 3 abc users 4096 May 25 10:28 TEST $ Under TEST, there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking in a directory how many files are present and basing on that merge all the files

Hi, My requirement is,there is a directory location like: :camp/current/ In this location there can be different flat files that are generated in a single day with same header and the data will be different, differentiated by timestamp, so i need to verify how many files are generated... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip all the files with subdirectories present and append a part of string from the main .zip files

Hi frnds, My requirement is I have a zip file with name say eg: test_ABC_UH_ccde2a_awdeaea_20150422.zip within that there are subdirectories on each directory we again have .zip files and in that we have files like mama20150422.gz and so on. Iam in need of a bash script so that it unzips... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract numbers from output file and compare to value

Hi, I developed a script which finally originates a similar output: net0:up,Tx=475198bps,Rx=31009bps net1:up,Tx=39596bps,Rx=35678bps Of course the figures change and also the amount of interfaces (ex: could be more then net0 and net1). This is done automatically. The next step i'm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and extract the data which is present in other file - awk is not working

file2 content f1file2 content f1,1,2,3,4,5 f1,2,4,6,8,10 f10,1,2,3,4,5 f10,2,4,6,8,10 f5,1,2,3,4,5 f5,2,4,6,8,10awk 'FNR==NR{a;next}; !($1 in a)' file2 file1output f10,1,2,3,4,5 f10,2,4,6,8,10 f5,1,2,3,4,5 f5,2,4,6,8,10awk 'FNR==NR{a;next}; ($1 in a)' file2 file1output nothing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to compare numbers in alphanumeric string

Hi, I will be having file names like below, 1420SP1.01804 1420SP1.01805D 1420SP1.01805 1420SP1.01806D 1420SP1.01806 1420SP1.01901D 1420SP1.01901 1420SP1.01902D 1420SP1.01902 1420SP1.01903D 1420SP1.01903 1420SP1.01904 1420SP1.01905 From this, I need to list file names which is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
3 Replies
Data::Compare::Plugins(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Data::Compare::Plugins(3)

NAME
Data::Compare::Plugins - how to extend Data::Compare DESCRIPTION
Data::Compare natively handles several built-in data types - scalars, references to scalars, references to arrays, references to hashes, references to subroutines, compiled regular expressions, and globs. For objects, it tries to Do The Right Thing and compares the underlying data type. However, this is not always what you want. This is especially true if you have complex objects which overload stringification and/or numification. Hence we allow for plugins. FINDING PLUGINS
Data::Compare will try to load any module installed on your system under the various @INC/Data/Compare/Plugins/ directories. If there is a problem loading any of them, an appropriate warning will be issued. Because of how we find plugins, no plugins are available when running in "taint" mode. WRITING PLUGINS
Internally, plugins are "require"d into Data::Compare. This means that they need to evaluate to true. We make use of that true value. Where normally you just put: 1; at the end of an included file, you should instead ensure that you return a reference to an array. This is treated as being true so satisfies perl, and is a damned sight more useful. Inside that array should be either a description of what this plugin is to do, or references to several arrays containing such descriptions. A description consists of two or three items. First a string telling us what the first data-type handled by your plugin is. Second, (and optional, defaulting to the same as the first) the second data-type to compare. To handle comparisons to ordinary scalars, give the empty string for the data-type, ie: ['MyType', '', sub { ...}] Third and last, we need a reference to the subroutine which does the comparison. That subroutine should expect to take two parameters, which will be of the specified type. It should return 1 if they compare the same, or 0 if they compare different. Be aware that while you might give a description like: ['Type1', 'Type2', sub { ... }] this will handle both comparing Type1 to Type2, and comparing Type2 to Type1. ie, comparison is commutative. If you want to use Data::Compare's own comparison function from within your handler (to, for example, compare a data structure that you have stored somewhere in your object) then you will need to call it as Data::Compare::Compare. However, you must be careful to avoid infinite recursion by calling D::C::Compare which in turn calls back to your handler. The name of your plugins does not matter, only that it lives in one of those directories. Of course, giving it a sensible name means that the usual installation mechanisms will put it in the right place, and meaningful names will make it easier to debug your code. For an example, look at the plugin that handles Scalar::Properties objects, which is distributed with Data::Compare. DISTRIBUTION
Provided that the above rules are followed I see no reason for you to not upload your plugin to the CPAN yourself. You will need to make Data::Compare a pre-requisite, so that the CPAN.pm installer does the right thing. Alternatively, if you would prefer me to roll your plugin in with the Data::Compare distribution, I'd be happy to do so provided that the code is clear and well-commented, and that you include tests and documentation. SEE ALSO
Data::Compare Data::Compare::Plugins::Scalar::Properties AUTHOR
Copyright (c) 2004 David Cantrell <david@cantrell.org.uk>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2011-07-23 Data::Compare::Plugins(3)