Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I need to extract uique words from text file Post 302820577 by alsohari on Thursday 13th of June 2013 03:07:55 AM
Old 06-13-2013
I need to extract uique words from text file

Hello programmers,

I need to create a list of unique words from a text file using PERL...may i have the code for that please?

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read all the unique words in a text file

How can i read all the unique words in a file, i used - cat comment_file.txt | /usr/xpg6/bin/tr -sc 'A-Za-z' '/012' and cat comment_file.txt | /usr/xpg6/bin/tr -sdc 'A-Za-z' '/012' but they didnt worked..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya.ece1985
5 Replies

2. Programming

c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file

needa c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file. and then storing them in to diffrent variables ? text file like 0: abc.txt ========= aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To Extract words from File based on Position

Hi Guys, While I was writing one shell script , I just got struck at this point. I need to extract words from a file at some specified position and do some comparison operation and need to replace the extracted word with another word. Eg : I like Orange very much. I need to replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuttu123
19 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract words to new file

Hi there, Unix Gurus Working with big listings of english sentences for my pupils, of the type: 1. If the boss's son had been , someone would have asked for money by now. 2. Look, I haven't a crime, so why can't you let me go? .... I wondered how to extract the words between brackets in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldeingles
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract text between two words on a single line

Hi Guys, Can someone help me with a way to extract text between two words on a single line. For example if the file has below content I want to extract all text between b and f inclusive of b and f. Aparently sed does this but does it line by line and I guess it cannot read word by word. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnaux
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract a string between two words in XML file

i need to extract the string between two tags, input file is <PersonInfoShipTo AddressID="446311709" AddressLine1="" AddressLine2="" AddressLine3="" AddressLine4="" AddressLine5="" AddressLine6="" AlternateEmailID="" Beeper="" City="" Company="" Country="" DayFaxNo="" DayPhone="" Department=""... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for words NOT in a text file

I have a long list of alphanumberic words (no spaces or characters) in file1.txt I need to check for the existance of each of the words from file1.txt against file2.txt and if the word is NOT in file2.txt, I need to know about it, either standard output or redirect to file3.txt For example:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep a log file for words listed in separate text file?

Hello, I want to grep a log ("server.log") for words in a separate file ("white-list.txt") and generate a separate log file containing each line that uses a word from the "white-list.txt" file. Putting that in bullet points: Search through "server.log" for lines that contain any word... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract words starting with a pattern from a file

Hi Guys.. I have a file and i want to extract all words that starts with a pattern 'ABC_' or 'ADF_' For example, ABC.txt ---- INSERT INTO ABC_DLKFJAL_FJKLD SELECT DISTINCT S,B,C FROM ADF_DKF_KDFJ_IERU8 A, ABC_LKDJFREUE9_FJKDF B WHERE A.FI=B.EI; COMMIT; Output : ABS_DLKFJAL_FJKLD,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell - Read a text file with two words and extract data

hi I made this simple script to extract data and pretty much is a list and would like to extract data of two words separated by commas and I would like to make a new text file that would list these extracted data into a list and each in a new line. Example that worked for me with text file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dandaryll
5 Replies
WORDS(5)						     Linux Programmers Manual							  WORDS(5)

NAME
galician-minimos - a list of Galician words, using the "minimos" standard DESCRIPTION
/usr/share/dict/galician-minimos is an ASCII file which contains an alphabetic list of words, one per line. FILES
/etc/dictionaries-common/words is a symbolic link to a /usr/share/dict/<language> file. /usr/share/dict/words is a symbolic link to /etc/dictionaries-common/words, and is the name by which other software should refer to the system word list. See select-default- wordlist(8) for more information. The directory /usr/share/dict can contain word lists for many languages, with name of the language in English, e.g., /usr/share/dict/french and /usr/share/dict/danish contain respectively lists of French and Danish words if they exist. Such lists should be coded using the ISO 8859-1 character set encoding. SEE ALSO
ispell(1), select-default-wordlist(8), and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. HISTORY
The words lists are not specific, and may be generated from any number of sources. The system word list used to be /usr/dict/words. For compatibility, software should check that location if /usr/share/dict/words does not exist. AUTHOR
Word lists are collected and maintained by various authors. Linux 14 Oct 2002 WORDS(5)