Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simplest way to access Linux system mail from email client Post 302820437 by DGPickett on Wednesday 12th of June 2013 04:07:54 PM
Old 06-12-2013
  • Probably the simplest is to run an Xserver and use a local copy of Netscape, Thunderbird or some other gui client to read local mail.
  • If you must use a remote protocol, there are many pop and imap servers you can run there.
  • You could put in a .forward or the like to have all the mail go elsewhere.
  • A cron job could archive mail locally in a zip and forward a copy, perhaps annotated by origin.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. SuSE

What's mail system running on Linux

Hi,I am need setup mail system on the linux, but i am don't know , My linux system is Redhat Linux 9.0.However,What's kind mail system is fit my operation system? expect everyone give directionsme with superior . Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Golden.Liu
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem relaying email to client mail exchanger from online forms

We are having a mail issue on our shared web server. We have a $40/mo. web hosting reseller account with a company called F r o g e e . c o m. We host 50+ domains there and only have this problem with two. We don't get much support from them so I am turning to outside help. We are not web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ken_brainstorm
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to send mail from server to client's email-id

i want to send email from server to the client's email-id. server is solaris. please help me out.i want to send mail to the email-id not to the var/spool/mail. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: parmeet
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring mail to send email from server to client

Hi, I want to send an email from server to my gmail account for all critical messages reported in the server. Kindly help me in configuring the same. Regards Rochit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

HbbTV client for OS X or Linux? Access via HTTP possible?

Hi Is there a HbbTV client for OS X or Linux? Access via HTTP possible? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_Broadcast_Broadband_TV (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to access NFS share on Solaris Server from Linux client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. share -F nfs -o rw /var/share & then ran the following svcadm -v enable -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
3 Replies

9. Linux

Exchange Email Client for Linux

About 5 years ago I used to use Evolution for its ability to interact with my companies Exchange 2003 server. I was wondering what Exchange compliant email clients you are actually using with either Exchange 2007 or 2010? FYI I've tried Thunderbird and it just sucks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
NISPLUS_TABLE(5)						File Formats Manual						  NISPLUS_TABLE(5)

NAME
nisplus_table - Postfix NIS+ client SYNOPSIS
postmap -q "string" "nisplus:[name=%s];name.name." postmap -q - "nisplus:[name=%s];name.name." <inputfile DESCRIPTION
The Postfix mail system uses optional lookup tables. These tables are usually in dbm or db format. Alternatively, lookup tables can be specified as NIS+ databases. To find out what types of lookup tables your Postfix system supports use the "postconf -m" command. To test Postfix NIS+ lookup tables, use the "postmap -q" command as described in the SYNOPSIS above. QUERY SYNTAX
Most of the NIS+ query is specified via the NIS+ map name. The general format of a Postfix NIS+ map name is as follows: nisplus:[name=%s];name.name.name.:column Postfix NIS+ map names differ from what one normally would use with commands such as niscat: o With each NIS+ table lookup, "%s" is replaced by a version of the lookup string. There can be only one "%s" instance in a Postfix NIS+ map name. o Postfix NIS+ map names use ";" instead of ",", because the latter character is special in the Postfix main.cf file. Postfix replaces ";" characters in the map name by "," before making NIS+ queries. o The ":column" part in the NIS+ map name is not part of the actual NIS+ query. Instead, it specifies the number of the table column that provides the lookup result. When no ":column" is specified the first column (1) is used. EXAMPLE
A NIS+ aliases map might be queried as follows: alias_maps = dbm:/etc/mail/aliases, nisplus:[alias=%s];mail_aliases.org_dir.$mydomain.:1 This queries the local aliases file before the NIS+ file. SEE ALSO
postmap(1), Postfix lookup table manager README FILES
Use "postconf readme_directory" or "postconf html_directory" to locate this information. DATABASE_README, Postfix lookup table overview LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Geoff Gibbs UK-HGMP-RC Hinxton Cambridge CB10 1SB, UK Adopted and adapted by: Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA NISPLUS_TABLE(5)