Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print only next pattern in a line after a pattern match Post 302820061 by anil510 on Wednesday 12th of June 2013 03:04:43 AM
Old 06-12-2013
Print only next pattern in a line after a pattern match

I have
Code:
2013-06-11 23:55:14 [17780] 1Umexd-0004cm-IG <= user@domain.com

I need sed/awk operation on this, so that it should print the very next pattern only after the the pattern mach <=

ie only print user@domain.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

match a pattern, print it and the next line

I have a file nbu_faq.txt (Question/answer) which looks like this What I am trying to do is write out each question in a file1.txt and than the question/answer in a file2.txt like this file1.txt Q: What is nbu? Q: What is blablabla...? Q: Why ....? file2.txt Q: What is nbu? A:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nymus7
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

match a pattern and print the line once

Hi, I have a xml file <cisco:name> <cisco:mdNm>Cisco Device 7500 A Series</cisco:mdNm> <cisco:meNm>10.1.100.19</cisco:meNm> <cisco:ehNm>/shelf=1</cisco:ehNm> <cisco:subname> <cisco:meNm>10.1.100.19</cisco:meNm> <cisco:sptp>Cisco PortA Series</cisco:sptp> ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagirathi
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search word in a line and print earlier pattern match

Hi All, I have almost 1000+ files and I want to search specific pattern. Looking forwarded your input. Search for: word1.word2 (Which procedure contain this word, I need procedure name in output. Expected output: procedure test1 procedure test2 procedure test3 procedure test4 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: susau_79
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MATCH A PATTERN AND PRINT A LINE ABOVE AND BELOW

Dear All, Hv a very specific requirement. I have a very large text file and in which I have to match a pattern and insert a line above and below. Eg: My file cat test date1 date2 date3 date4 I need to match 'date3' and insert "Reminder1" above date3 and insert 'reminder2'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokulj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print pattern match line and following lines

Data: Pattern Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data ... With awk, how do I print the pattern matching line, then the subsequent lines following the pattern matching line. Varying number of lines following the pattern matching line. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmesserly
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern

Hi experts , im new to Unix,AWK ,and im just not able to get this right. I need to match for some patterns if it matches I need to print the next few words to it.. I have only three such conditions to match… But I need to print only those words that comes after satisfying the first condition..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern match and print the output in a single line

I need to match two patterns in a log file and need to get the next line of the one of the pattern (out of two patterns) that is matched, finally need to print these three values in a single line. Sample Log: 2013/06/11 14:29:04 <0999> (725102) Processing batch 02_1231324 2013/06/11... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match pattern and print the line number of occurence using awk

Hi, I have a simple problem but i guess stupid enough to figure it out. i have thousands rows of data. and i need to find match patterns of two columns and print the number of rows. for example: inputfile abd abp 123 abc abc 325 ndc ndc 451 mjk lkj... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies
WCSNCAT(3P)						     POSIX Programmer's Manual						       WCSNCAT(3P)

PROLOG
This manual page is part of the POSIX Programmer's Manual. The Linux implementation of this interface may differ (consult the correspond- ing Linux manual page for details of Linux behavior), or the interface may not be implemented on Linux. NAME
wcsncat -- concatenate a wide-character string with part of another SYNOPSIS
#include <wchar.h> wchar_t *wcsncat(wchar_t *restrict ws1, const wchar_t *restrict ws2, size_t n); DESCRIPTION
The functionality described on this reference page is aligned with the ISO C standard. Any conflict between the requirements described here and the ISO C standard is unintentional. This volume of POSIX.1-2008 defers to the ISO C standard. The wcsncat() function shall append not more than n wide-character codes (a null wide-character code and wide-character codes that follow it are not appended) from the array pointed to by ws2 to the end of the wide-character string pointed to by ws1. The initial wide-charac- ter code of ws2 shall overwrite the null wide-character code at the end of ws1. A terminating null wide-character code shall always be appended to the result. If copying takes place between objects that overlap, the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUE
The wcsncat() function shall return ws1; no return value is reserved to indicate an error. ERRORS
No errors are defined. The following sections are informative. EXAMPLES
None. APPLICATION USAGE
None. RATIONALE
None. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
None. SEE ALSO
wcscat() The Base Definitions volume of POSIX.1-2008, <wchar.h> COPYRIGHT
Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2013 Edition, Standard for Information Technol- ogy -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 7, Copyright (C) 2013 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. (This is POSIX.1-2008 with the 2013 Technical Corrigendum 1 applied.) In the event of any discrepancy between this version and the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Stan- dard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained online at http://www.unix.org/online.html . Any typographical or formatting errors that appear in this page are most likely to have been introduced during the conversion of the source files to man page format. To report such errors, see https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/reporting_bugs.html . IEEE
/The Open Group 2013 WCSNCAT(3P)