Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Looping concept please help
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Looping concept please help Post 302820023 by ragu.selvaraj on Wednesday 12th of June 2013 01:10:06 AM
Old 06-12-2013
Looping concept please help

Hi Gurus,

Please help me in below requirement.

Instance =5 (it is user parameter)

total=52 (it is user parameter

i need to split this to 5 and reminder as 1 instances totally 6

for example i need to splitt to each

52/5=10.4

1-10
11-20
21-30
31-40
41-50
51-52

i need this in file

Thanks
in advanceSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

LUN concept

In my location we have Hp storage (san),from there they created luns, so could u plz send me clear document for understanding LUN. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prem
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

semaphore concept

Hi All, I am going through the semaphore concept and have a doubt regarding the same and hope to get a resolution here. I have a file which has a number of records. I want to write an application (in C) which will be able to do concurrent read/write on these records. Of what I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverix
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The Concept of thread

Hi all This is my first thread here.i confused with the concept of thread.Can anyone tell me this concept in detail.my Quation may be at primary level. Thanx in advance for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwasrao
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about concept of Interrupts.

Hi all, I am new here ,i want to know about interrupts in detail.What r Interrupts .how they r handeled. Thanx in adavnce. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwasrao
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concept Of Array

Hi all, I used array a lot in C,VB,C# and java but now i am very new to shell programming,so i need a start of array in shell programming. All i want to do is read a string and put it into a character type array. For reading the string,i did this: $ read a now i want to put the content of a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gautamshaw
1 Replies

6. AIX

Use of mirroring concept....

hi.... Friends... Why using mirroring ? what is the use of mirroring? just any one tell about clearly.... thanks.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannan841
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help me in RAID concept...

i couldn't get what does the metainit command represents in numeric values. (i.e) #metainit d66 2 1 c0t0d0s4 1 c0t0d0s5 ??here 2 1 1 represnts what ?? can some one tell clearly about this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniv666
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ACL concept

Hi.. Could someone explain about setfacl,getfacl in unix and its uses. Regards, Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh sunkara
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion with the concept of wc -c and wc -m

Is wc -c and wc -m same ? Shellscript::cat file1 hello Shellscript::cat file1 | wc -c 6 Shellscript::cat file1 | wc -m 6 Shellscript::file file1 file1: ASCII text Shellscript::uname -a Linux was85host 2.6.27.45-0.1-vmi #1 SMP 2010-02-22 16:49:47 +0100 i686 i686 i386 GNU/LinuxAtleast... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripting
5 Replies
MIME::Field::ParamVal(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  MIME::Field::ParamVal(3)

NAME
MIME::Field::ParamVal - subclass of Mail::Field, for structured MIME fields SYNOPSIS
# Create an object for a content-type field: $field = new Mail::Field 'Content-type'; # Set some attributes: $field->param('_' => 'text/html'); $field->param('charset' => 'us-ascii'); $field->param('boundary' => '---ABC---'); # Same: $field->set('_' => 'text/html', 'charset' => 'us-ascii', 'boundary' => '---ABC---'); # Get an attribute, or undefined if not present: print "no id!" if defined($field->param('id')); # Same, but use empty string for missing values: print "no id!" if ($field->paramstr('id') eq ''); # Output as string: print $field->stringify, " "; DESCRIPTION
This is an abstract superclass of most MIME fields. It handles fields with a general syntax like this: Content-Type: Message/Partial; number=2; total=3; id="oc=jpbe0M2Yt4s@thumper.bellcore.com" Comments are supported between items, like this: Content-Type: Message/Partial; (a comment) number=2 (another comment) ; (yet another comment) total=3; id="oc=jpbe0M2Yt4s@thumper.bellcore.com" PUBLIC INTERFACE
set [\%PARAMHASH | KEY=>VAL,...,KEY=>VAL] Instance method. Set this field. The paramhash should contain parameter names in all lowercase, with the special "_" parameter name signifying the "default" (unnamed) parameter for the field: # Set up to be... # # Content-type: Message/Partial; number=2; total=3; id="ocj=pbe0M2" # $conttype->set('_' => 'Message/Partial', 'number' => 2, 'total' => 3, 'id' => "ocj=pbe0M2"); Note that a single argument is taken to be a reference to a paramhash, while multiple args are taken to be the elements of the paramhash themselves. Supplying undef for a hashref, or an empty set of values, effectively clears the object. The self object is returned. parse_params STRING Class/instance utility method. Extract parameter info from a structured field, and return it as a hash reference. For example, here is a field with parameters: Content-Type: Message/Partial; number=2; total=3; id="oc=jpbe0M2Yt4s@thumper.bellcore.com" Here is how you'd extract them: $params = $class->parse_params('content-type'); if ($$params{'_'} eq 'message/partial') { $number = $$params{'number'}; $total = $$params{'total'}; $id = $$params{'id'}; } Like field names, parameter names are coerced to lowercase. The special '_' parameter means the default parameter for the field. NOTE: This has been provided as a public method to support backwards compatibility, but you probably shouldn't use it. parse STRING Class/instance method. Parse the string into the instance. Any previous information is wiped. The self object is returned. May also be used as a constructor. param PARAMNAME,[VALUE] Instance method. Return the given parameter, or undef if it isn't there. With argument, set the parameter to that VALUE. The PARAMNAME is case-insensitive. A "_" refers to the "default" parameter. paramstr PARAMNAME,[VALUE] Instance method. Like param(): return the given parameter, or empty if it isn't there. With argument, set the parameter to that VALUE. The PARAMNAME is case-insensitive. A "_" refers to the "default" parameter. stringify Instance method. Convert the field to a string, and return it. tag Instance method, abstract. Return the tag for this field. SEE ALSO
Mail::Field perl v5.18.2 2013-11-14 MIME::Field::ParamVal(3)