Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with Looping
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with Looping Post 302819851 by joeyg on Tuesday 11th of June 2013 02:08:43 PM
Old 06-11-2013
What kind of problem is this?

While intrigued about answering a question based on a flowchart, is does appear to be a homework problem.

Please advise on the nature of this request, or if homework, then post the question in that special forum.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with looping

Hi, Actually I have a file which consists data . for eg names. Then I want my sql query to read this file and produce the output. Currently I am using this FOR EG : FILENAME is NAMES for i in `cat NAMES` { sqlplus -s $CONNECTID << EOF spool rooh set heading off select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: looping problem!

I am having a problem with awk when I run it with a loop. It works perfectly when I echo a single line from the commandline. For example: echo 'MFG009 9153852832' | awk '$2 ~ /^0-9]$/{print $2}' The Awk command above will print field 2 if field 2 matches 10 digits, but when I run the loop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with looping construct

Hi all I have tried to search for this, but keep getting a MySQL db connect error, so am posing the question here, and taking a risk of incurring the wrath of the mods with my first post... I have the following test script: #!/bin/bash HTTPD=`/bin/ps -axcu | /usr/bin/grep httpd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikie
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for looping

I run into a issue when I try to do sorting of the following with ascending order, one round of for looping seems not working, anyone knows how to use shell or perl? $array = (5,0,3,2,7,9,8) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with looping

vesselNames values: xxx yyy zzz vesselPlanned values: xxx zzz zzz zzz OIFS="" OIFS=$IFS IFS="\n" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with looping the directories

Hi all, I have a directory which has many sub-directories. Now, I want to check the space of each dir and redirect the output in a file if space exceeds the limit. I have already done it, but the way I did is not very good. I just listed the directories and awked the last column to get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

7. Solaris

SVM Solaris 8 Problem. Metastat output looping

Hi friends, I'm newbie to SVM. Just wanna try installed it on one of our server (to do mirroring for disk0 and disk1) but i think im lost until now. :( the steps i've taken is as below:- 1.prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s2 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s2 2.metadb -a -c 3 -f c1t0d0s7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kronenose
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping problem

I have been trying to come up with a program that can do this: Say I have a file named "sir" with a single field; 10 229 288 35 83 47 3 I want to create a file "gen" with three fields with the data in file "sire" listed in field 1 while field 2 and 3 are just 1 each like this: SPARSE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iconig
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: problem in looping! how to get rid

Hi i just want to open 2 files and find difference between cond1 and cond2 and if the difference is greater than or equal to some number say 2 print the lines again in 2 different files. file 1 (1.txt) aqw dfr 34 poilo ggg 98 file 2 (2.txt) qww asd 28 poilo ggg 97 open FILE1,"1.txt" or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping problem

I need help. I am trying to get this script to send out only one email not multiple emails of the abend. Currently it will send me one then and ther with the first and second one then another email with the first second and third abend and so on. I only want one email sent. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbcarosi
2 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)