Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat NFS4 and acl: perfect on Slackware,not working on centos6,why? Post 302819825 by Linusolaradm1 on Tuesday 11th of June 2013 01:01:55 PM
Old 06-11-2013
Solved.
Very strange..

i use setfacl -m o:---
and slackware works Smilie
but not centos!
i use setfacl -m o:r-x
and work also on Centos with acl Smilie

Maybe nfs-utils too old on centos(1.2.3)?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

NFS4 with KERBEROS

I was wondering if any of you have used NFS4 with KERBEROS in a HACMP setup and environment with more than 1 resourcegroup that has NFS mount in them. I Configures the host keys for an Network File System (NFS) server I get stuck with the nfshostkey I can only add one at a time per system so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravager
0 Replies

2. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS4 locking file question

All, Just wondering if someone has a file open on client A for writing and it is locked, is that file still readable from client A or B? Basically I'm just wanting to know if a file is opened already, can it still be opened for read only? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

NFS4 Ldap Automount issue

OK, I'm running low on patience with how this is working out. I have a RHEL 5.4 64bit server running 389 directory services and NFS4. I set up the schema for automount, and I am having some issues. I'm relatively new to both LDAP and Automount, and NFS4 has thrown me some curves vs NFS2/3.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark54g
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

Xen Server Installation on CentOS6...?

Hello Folks, Anyone know about the support possibilities of Xenserver(open source) on CentOS6..? As I Googled and read alot of forums, but no luck. I have tried the followings. OS: CentOS6 Kernel: 2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.x86_64 Arch: x86_64 When tried to install XenServer from source. Xen4.0 -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS4 mount

Hi all, I am trying to configure an NFS4 server and client. I have been through the entire setup and i have managed to mount the directory as i wanted to however it doesn't seem quite right. My server is "swstage", the NFS4 pseudofilesystem is "/NFS4", the directory i am trying to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

NFS4 Mount issue - ASAP

Hi, I am trying to mount via nfs4 # mount -t nfs4 10.1.56.16:/Apps /works/apps/xyz Error: Warning rpc.idmapd apperas not to be running all uids will be mapped to the nobody uid mount to NFS server "10.1.56.16' failed RPC error: program/version mismatched pls help - this is coming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Data recovery from lost+found in centos6.2

Respective sir, I have Centos-6.2 on my system(P-4,1GB RAM, 80GB hdd).While working on my system I just face one problem my all folder get symbol of lock so I go for open terminal but my terminal is also not opened.So I shut down my pc without proper way.After restart my system I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kiran ursal
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to make NFS4 mount permanent ?

Hello, I'm able to mount NFSv3 shares permanently (/etc/filesystems) via smitty nfs. />lsfs -a Name Nodename Mount Pt VFS Size Options Auto Accounting /dev/hd4 -- / jfs2 2097152 -- yes no /dev/hd1 -- ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
asadmin-create-acl(1AS) 					   User Commands					   asadmin-create-acl(1AS)

NAME
create-acl - adds a new access control list file for the named instance SYNOPSIS
create-acl --user admin_user[--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s][--instance instance_name] --aclfile filename acl_ID Gets the access control lists associated with the named server instance. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --secure indicates communication with the administrative instance in secured mode. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --instance name of the instance. --aclfile name of the default acl file. OPERANDS
acl_ID internal name for the ACL file listing. This ID is used in a virtual server element to define the ACL file used by the virtual server. Example 1: Using create-acl asadmin> create-acl --user admin --password adminadmin --host fuyako --port 7070 --instance server1 --aclfile "/export/sample_acl_file.scl" sampleACL Created ACL with id=sampleACL Where: sampleACL is the name of the ACL created. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Access Control List page asadmin-delete-acl(1AS), asadmin-list-acl(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-create-acl(1AS)