Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Additional time to system time Post 302819789 by Corona688 on Tuesday 11th of June 2013 11:37:22 AM
Old 06-11-2013
date -d is a feature so obvious and handy you'd think it's everywhere, but isn't. It's a GNU/Linux thing mostly.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Startup Time

Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to find the System Startup time. Currently I am using "who -b" to get last reboot time. I wanted to know is there any log file for SCO Openserver 5, in which all this sort of imformations are kept. I have tried searching the forum with words like "WHO... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoeb_syed
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

System time

Hey all, I need to write a script which will invoke another script everything 5 minutes until certain time is reached (say 4:00 pm). Can anyone give me some pointers please? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Last system installation time

Hi, What is the best way to find the last installation time of an unix based systems?Please advise Thanks Nagarajan G (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ennstate
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

System time comparison to fixed defined time

I have a requirement of checking the current system time and performing certain actions in a shell script. example: if the current system time is greater than 1400 hrs, then perform step 1,2,3 if the current system time is greater than 1000 hrs, then perform step 1,2 if the current system time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainravi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

getting time independent of system time in solaries

i am using function gethrtime() in sun solaries to get the time independent of the system time.Problem with this function is if we restart the system time will change to '0'.is there any other way to resolve this problem. thanks & regards suresh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_rtp
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get system time

I am trying to write a script which will compare the start time of a process with the current time. but I am having trouble finding the command to get the current time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabir77
3 Replies

7. Solaris

System time and Cron time stamp not matching

On Solaris 10 server the system date won't match with the timestamp on files created by a cron jobs, Please help here is what i get when i check for system date infodba-ie10ux014:/tcpdv1_ie10/tcadmin/bin\n\r-> date Tue Apr 24 15:27:43 GMT 2012at same time i executed a cron job, and checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

9. Linux

Time: Hwclock and System Time

Hey everyone. Upon studying linux trying to learn it inside and out, I'm reading about the issue of time. Hardware clock time vs the more commonly referenced System Time. What causes the two to grow apart, and what causes the time itself to stray away from UTC? at present my clock is a second and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies
INTERCAL::Charset::Hollerith(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 INTERCAL::Charset::Hollerith(3pm)

NAME
Charset::Hollerith - allows to use Hollerith string constants in ASCII programs (and v.v.) SYNOPSIS
use Charset::Hollerith qw(hollerith2ascii); my $a = hollerith2ascii "(Hollerith text)"; DESCRIPTION
Charset::Hollerith defines functions to convert between a subset of ASCII and a subset of nonstandard Hollerith (since there isn't such a thing as a standard Hollerith we defined our own variant which is guaranteed to be incompatible with all versions of Hollerith used by IBM hardware - however, for each character code we have used the code used by some (but not all) IBM card reader, if the code exists in Hol- lerith at all, or we have made one up in some logical way (such as overpunching) if no IBM hardware had that particular character. The two functions hollerith2ascii and ascii2hollerith are exportable but not exported by default. They do the obvious thing to their argu- ment. HOLLERITH CHARACTER TABLE
A Hollerith string is a sequence of 12-bit characters; they are encoded as two ASCII characters, containing 6 bits each: the first charac- ter contains punches 12, 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 and the second character contains punches 11, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9; interleaving the two characters gives the original 12 bits. To make the characters printable on ASCII terminals, bit 7 is always set to 0, and bit 6 is set to the complement of bit 5. These two bits are ignored when reading Hollerith cards. Some Hollerith characters (produced by overpunching) can be converted to sequences of ASCII characters; ascii2hollerith will correctly recognise the sequences. The following punched cards document the encoding of characters (the last three symbols at the end nongraphic symbols in ASCII; the previ- ous two symbols correspond to multicharacter sequences): ' !"#$%&()*+,-./:;<=>?@[]^_`{|}~cY0123456789 12 * * * * * * * * * * 12 11 * * * * ** ** * * * 11 0 * * * * **** * * *** 0 1 * * * 1 2 * * * * * 2 3 ** * * * * 3 4 *** * * ** * * * * 4 5 * * * * * * 5 6 * * ** * * 6 7 * *** * * 7 8 * ******** * * ******* * * * * * 8 9 * * * 9 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrs 12 ********* ********* 12 11 ********* ********* 11 0 ********* * * 0 1 * * ** ** * 1 2 * * * ** ** * 2 3 * * * ** ** 3 4 * * * ** ** 4 5 * * * ** ** 5 6 * * * ** ** 6 7 * * * ** ** 7 8 * * * ** ** 8 9 * * * * * 9 tuvwxyz [] ". NL CR HT 12 * * * 12 11 * 11 0 ******* * * 0 1 * * * 1 2 * * * * 2 3 ** * * * * 3 4 ** * * * * 4 5 ** * * * 5 6 ** * * * 6 7 ** * * * * * 7 8 ** * * * * 8 9 * * * * 9 PLEASE NOTE that versions of CLC-INTERCAL before 1.-94.-2 had a bug which caused a rabbit to be represented as 12-3-2-8 instead of 12-3-7-8. Cards punched with such older versions, and containing rabbits, will need to be copied with one of the rabbit holes moved from row 2 to row 7. COPYRIGHT
This module is part of CLC-INTERCAL. Copyright (C) 2000, 2002, 2006, 2007 Claudio Calvelli, all rights reserved See the files README and COPYING in the distribution for information. SEE ALSO
A qualified psychiatrist. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-29 INTERCAL::Charset::Hollerith(3pm)