Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ISSUE in handling multiple same name files :-( Post 302819513 by PikK45 on Tuesday 11th of June 2013 03:09:57 AM
Old 06-11-2013
I would go with Pamu's solution Smilie

simple and effective
This User Gave Thanks to PikK45 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple file handling

Dear All, I have two files, which looks like: File 1 124 235 152 178 156 142 178 163 159 File 2 124|5623 452|6698 178|9995 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
8 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

rsync transferring multiple files issue

Hi, I want to specify multiple remote directories but want to transfer them in a single command with one connection with remote server. This avoids entering passwords repeatedly and is also efficient. e.g. rsync -vrt --size-only --delete user@host:/home/user1/dir1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sardare
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

handling multiple files using awk command and wants to get separate out file for each

hai all I am new to the world of shell scripting I wanted to extract two columns from multiple files say around 25 files and i wanted to get the separate outfile for each input file tired using the following command to extract two columns from 25 files awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hema dhevi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Error handling,not able to continue the script further

Hi, I am trying to write a script to cleanup files in a log directory .. cd log find Datk** -mtime +7 -exec rm -f {} \; 2> /dev/null Have used the above to clean up files in log directory more then 7 days older. The file can be something like ( auto-generate by some processes and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nss280
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Handling multiple files using awk

Hi, I am trying to process 2 files simultaneously using awk satisfying following condition, Both files contain 3 columns. It should take entry from column 1 from first file, look for that entry in file 2 and if found, add column 2 and column 3 from both files and output to third file. For e.g.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muazfarooqaslam
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file handling issue

I have a huge file semicolon( ; ) separated records are Pipe(|) delimited. e.g abc;def;ghi|jkl;mno;pqr|123;456;789 I need to replace the 50th field(semicolon separated) of each record with 9006. The 50th field can have no value e.g. ;; Can someone help me with the appropriate command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurkamal83
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Large file data handling issue

I have a single record large file, semicolon ';' and pipe '|' separated. I am doing a vi on the file. It is throwing an error "File to long" I need to actually remove the last | symbol from this file. sed -e 's/\|*$//' filename is working fine for small files. But not working on this big... (13 Replies)
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File handling issue

Hi All, I am running into an issue. I have a very big file. Wants to split it in smaller chunks. This file has multiple header/ trailers. Also, between each header/trailer there are records. Number of records in each header trailer combination can vary. Also, headers can start with... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script issue redirecting to multiple files after matching pattern

Hi All I am having one awk and sed requirement for the below problem. I tried multiple options in my sed or awk and right output is not coming out. Problem Description ############################################################### I am having a big file say file having repeated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue with search and replacing multiple items in multiple files

Im having an issue when trying to replace the first column with a new set of values in multiple files. The results from the following code only replaces the files with the last set of values in val.txt. I want to replace all the files with all the values. for date in {1..31} do for val in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
1 Replies
SGELSS(l)								 )								 SGELSS(l)

NAME
SGELSS - compute the minimum norm solution to a real linear least squares problem SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SGELSS( M, N, NRHS, A, LDA, B, LDB, S, RCOND, RANK, WORK, LWORK, INFO ) INTEGER INFO, LDA, LDB, LWORK, M, N, NRHS, RANK REAL RCOND REAL A( LDA, * ), B( LDB, * ), S( * ), WORK( * ) PURPOSE
SGELSS computes the minimum norm solution to a real linear least squares problem: Minimize 2-norm(| b - A*x |). using the singular value decomposition (SVD) of A. A is an M-by-N matrix which may be rank-deficient. Several right hand side vectors b and solution vectors x can be handled in a single call; they are stored as the columns of the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B and the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. The effective rank of A is determined by treating as zero those singular values which are less than RCOND times the largest singular value. ARGUMENTS
M (input) INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N (input) INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. A (input/output) REAL array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, the first min(m,n) rows of A are overwritten with its right singular vectors, stored row- wise. LDA (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B (input/output) REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B. On exit, B is overwritten by the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. If m >= n and RANK = n, the residual sum-of-squares for the solution in the i-th column is given by the sum of squares of elements n+1:m in that column. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,max(M,N)). S (output) REAL array, dimension (min(M,N)) The singular values of A in decreasing order. The condition number of A in the 2-norm = S(1)/S(min(m,n)). RCOND (input) REAL RCOND is used to determine the effective rank of A. Singular values S(i) <= RCOND*S(1) are treated as zero. If RCOND < 0, machine precision is used instead. RANK (output) INTEGER The effective rank of A, i.e., the number of singular values which are greater than RCOND*S(1). WORK (workspace/output) REAL array, dimension (LWORK) On exit, if INFO = 0, WORK(1) returns the optimal LWORK. LWORK (input) INTEGER The dimension of the array WORK. LWORK >= 1, and also: LWORK >= 3*min(M,N) + max( 2*min(M,N), max(M,N), NRHS ) For good perfor- mance, LWORK should generally be larger. If LWORK = -1, then a workspace query is assumed; the routine only calculates the optimal size of the WORK array, returns this value as the first entry of the WORK array, and no error message related to LWORK is issued by XERBLA. INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. > 0: the algorithm for computing the SVD failed to converge; if INFO = i, i off-diagonal elements of an intermediate bidiagonal form did not converge to zero. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SGELSS(l)