Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Join command: how to keep all fields in one data Post 302819383 by forevertl on Monday 10th of June 2013 04:53:34 PM
Old 06-10-2013
Join command: how to keep all fields in one data

Dear all,

I 'd like to ask a question. I have two datasets: a.txt (only has one filed, call 'SNP'), b.txt( has thousands of fields, 1st field call 'SNP').

a.txt:
rs9527
rs318567
rs12376
b.txt:
rs167893 1 2 0 2 1 2 ...
rs318567 2 0 2 1 2 0 ...
rs12376 0 2 0 2 1 2 ...

I just want to generate dataset c.txt which is a subset of b.txt with 'SNP' names in a.txt
The code I can think of is: join -1 1 -2 1 -o 2.1 2.2 2.3 ... a.txt b.txt >c.txt

my question is: I want to keep all the fields in b.txt, while I have thousands of fields in b.txt. how to write the code ?

thanks a lot!

Lin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

join on multiple fields

Is it possible to do a join on multiple fields of two files? I am trying to do something like join -t, -1 2,3 -2 2,3 -o 2.1,2.2,2.3,1.3 filea fileb I want the join to be on columns 2 and 3 of filea and columns 2 and 3 of fileb. What is hapenning is that the second file that I want to do the join... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reggiej
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

join on a file with multiple lines, fields

I've looked at the join command which is able to perform what I need on two rows with a common field, however if I have more than two rows I need to join all of them. Thus I have one file with multiple rows to be joined on an index number: 1 randomtext1 2 rtext2 2 rtext3 3 rtext4 3 rtext5... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimper
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging fields --- Join is not working

Hi GUYS sorry for putting simple query. I have tried the methods posted previously in this site but I'm unable to join the similar values in different columns of different files. I used sort -u file1 and join but no use.?? I'm attaching my inputfiles.Plz chek them I have two files. 1st file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with Join on multiple fields

Hi, I need help with the join command I have 2 files that I want to join on multiple fields. I want to return all records from file 1 I also want empty fields in my joined file if there isn't a match in file 2 I have already sorted them so I know they are in the same order. file1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter0810
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

join fields

My input is as below: 1|2|3|a02 test|303 2|2|4|1002 a05 ind|303 4|3|5|ind|30 Output 1|2|3|a02test|303 2|2|4|a05ind|303 4|3|5|ind|30 I used command: I am getting above output. Is there any simple way using awk to acheive this. Thanks. Please use code tags! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use the the join command to join multiple files by a common column

Hi, I have 20 tab delimited text files that have a common column (column 1). The files are named GSM1.txt through GSM20.txt. Each file has 3 columns (2 other columns in addition to the first common column). I want to write a script to join the files by the first common column so that in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk program to join 2 fields of different files

Hello Friends, I just need a small help, I need an awk program which can join 2 fields of different files which are having one common field into one file. File - 1 FileName~Size File- 2 FileName~Date I need the output file in the following way O/P- File FileName~Date~Size For... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join fields comparing 4 fields using awk

Hi All, I am looking for an awk script to do the following Join the fields together only if the first 4 fields are same. Can it be done with join function in awk?? a,b,c,d,8,,, a,b,c,d,,7,, a,b,c,d,,,9, a,b,p,e,8,,, a.b,p,e,,9,, a,b,p,z,,,,9 a,b,p,z,,8,, desired output: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksijain
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to combine fields with sort/join

I have a file with two fields in it delimited by a comma. Some of the first fields are duplicates. I am trying to eliminate any duplicate records in the first field, and combine the second fields in the output file. For example, if the input is: Jane,group=A Bob,group=A Bob,group=D... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join files on multiple fields

Hello all, I want to join 2 tabbed files on the first 2 fields, and filling the missing values with 0. The 3rd column in each file is constant for the entire file. file1 12658699 ST5 XX2720 0 1 0 1 53039541 ST5 XX2720 1 0 1.5 1 file2 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheetalk
6 Replies
WWW::RobotRules(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					WWW::RobotRules(3)

NAME
WWW::RobotRules - database of robots.txt-derived permissions SYNOPSIS
use WWW::RobotRules; my $rules = WWW::RobotRules->new('MOMspider/1.0'); use LWP::Simple qw(get); { my $url = "http://some.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $rules->parse($url, $robots_txt) if defined $robots_txt; } { my $url = "http://some.other.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $rules->parse($url, $robots_txt) if defined $robots_txt; } # Now we can check if a URL is valid for those servers # whose "robots.txt" files we've gotten and parsed: if($rules->allowed($url)) { $c = get $url; ... } DESCRIPTION
This module parses /robots.txt files as specified in "A Standard for Robot Exclusion", at <http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots.html> Webmasters can use the /robots.txt file to forbid conforming robots from accessing parts of their web site. The parsed files are kept in a WWW::RobotRules object, and this object provides methods to check if access to a given URL is prohibited. The same WWW::RobotRules object can be used for one or more parsed /robots.txt files on any number of hosts. The following methods are provided: $rules = WWW::RobotRules->new($robot_name) This is the constructor for WWW::RobotRules objects. The first argument given to new() is the name of the robot. $rules->parse($robot_txt_url, $content, $fresh_until) The parse() method takes as arguments the URL that was used to retrieve the /robots.txt file, and the contents of the file. $rules->allowed($uri) Returns TRUE if this robot is allowed to retrieve this URL. $rules->agent([$name]) Get/set the agent name. NOTE: Changing the agent name will clear the robots.txt rules and expire times out of the cache. ROBOTS.TXT The format and semantics of the "/robots.txt" file are as follows (this is an edited abstract of <http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots.html>): The file consists of one or more records separated by one or more blank lines. Each record contains lines of the form <field-name>: <value> The field name is case insensitive. Text after the '#' character on a line is ignored during parsing. This is used for comments. The following <field-names> can be used: User-Agent The value of this field is the name of the robot the record is describing access policy for. If more than one User-Agent field is present the record describes an identical access policy for more than one robot. At least one field needs to be present per record. If the value is '*', the record describes the default access policy for any robot that has not not matched any of the other records. The User-Agent fields must occur before the Disallow fields. If a record contains a User-Agent field after a Disallow field, that constitutes a malformed record. This parser will assume that a blank line should have been placed before that User-Agent field, and will break the record into two. All the fields before the User-Agent field will constitute a record, and the User-Agent field will be the first field in a new record. Disallow The value of this field specifies a partial URL that is not to be visited. This can be a full path, or a partial path; any URL that starts with this value will not be retrieved Unrecognized records are ignored. ROBOTS.TXT EXAMPLES The following example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/" or "/tmp/": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space Disallow: /tmp/ # these will soon disappear This example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/", except the robot called "cybermapper": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space # Cybermapper knows where to go. User-agent: cybermapper Disallow: This example indicates that no robots should visit this site further: # go away User-agent: * Disallow: / This is an example of a malformed robots.txt file. # robots.txt for ancientcastle.example.com # I've locked myself away. User-agent: * Disallow: / # The castle is your home now, so you can go anywhere you like. User-agent: Belle Disallow: /west-wing/ # except the west wing! # It's good to be the Prince... User-agent: Beast Disallow: This file is missing the required blank lines between records. However, the intention is clear. SEE ALSO
LWP::RobotUA, WWW::RobotRules::AnyDBM_File COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1995-2009, Gisle Aas Copyright 1995, Martijn Koster This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-18 WWW::RobotRules(3)