Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sort array elements from same field Post 302819015 by MadeInGermany on Monday 10th of June 2013 05:25:20 AM
Old 06-10-2013
Good idea! But order should be
Code:
sort -t'@' -k1.1,1.5 -k2,2n inputfile

Sort on the first key field until the '|' separator, and secondary numerical sort on the 2nd key field.
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting Array Elements

Hi, I am writing a BASH shell script. I have an array that will contain IN ANY ORDER the following elements: DAY 8D MO NS. I would like to erase the element DAY, but since the order of the elements in the array are random, I will not know which element # DAY is (ie it's not as simple as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing array elements

Hi, My doubt is how to access array elements.. Situation is as below: #!/bin/ksh set -x typeset -i x=0 typeset -i y=0 typeset -i BID=0 typeset -i count=0 while ] ; do x=`expr $x + 1`; hwmgr show scsi > scsi.tmp while read line; do set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansa
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array with String Elements

How can I get my array to understand the double-quotes I'm passing into it are to separate text strings and not part of an element? here's what I'm working with... db2 -v connect to foo db2 -x "select '\"' || stats_command || '\",' from db2law1.parallel_runstats where tabname = 'BAZ'" set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djschmitt
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl sort array by field

Hi Everyone, Any simple code can simplify the code below, please advice. Thanks # cat 2.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; my @aaaaa = <DATA>; my @uids; foreach (@aaaaa) { my @ccccc = split (",", $_); push @uids, $ccccc;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with replacing Array elements

Hi, I have an array containing following sample information @array = qw (chr02 chr02 chr02 chr02 chr02 chr03 chr03 chr04 chr04 chr05 chr05 chr05 chr07 chr07) I need to replace all duplicate entries by an underscore to get the following output@array = qw (chr02 _ _ _ _ chr03 _ chr04 _ chr05 _ _... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing array elements

Is there a way to print multiple array elements without iterating through the array using bash? Can you do something like... echo ${array}and get all those separate elements from the array? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing elements from an array

Hi I have two arrays : @arcb= (450,625,720,645); @arca=(625,645); I need to remove the elements of @arca from elements of @arcb so that the content of @arcb will be (450,720). Can anyone sugget me how to perform this operation? The code I have used is this : my @arcb=... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping array elements - possible?

I have a script which takes backup of some configuration files on my server. It does that by using an array which contains the complete path to the files to backup. It copys the files to a pre defined dir. Each "program" has it's own folder, ex. apache.conf is being copied to /predefined... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnn
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random elements from array

Hi I wanted to print random elements from an array at bash shell I use the following code, but I always see first element getting printed #!/bin/bash c=1 expressions=(pink red white yellow purple) while ]; do echo "The value of RANDOM is $RANDOM" selectedexpression=${expressions}]};... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help reading the array and sum of the array elements

Hi All, need help with reading the array and sum of the array elements. given an array of integers of size N . You need to print the sum of the elements in the array, keeping in mind that some of those integers may be quite large. Input Format The first line of the input consists of an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nishantrefound
1 Replies
SORT-DCTRL(1)						       Debian user's manual						     SORT-DCTRL(1)

NAME
sort-dctrl - sort Debian control files SYNOPSIS
sort-dctrl [options] [ file ... ] sort-dctrl --copying | --help | --version | -ChV DESCRIPTION
The sort-dctrl program sorts Debian control files according to specified criteria. A Debian control (dctrl) file is a semistructured single-table database stored in a machine-parseable text file. Such a database consists of a set of records; each record is a mapping from field names to field content. Textually, records are separated by empty lines, while each field is encoded as one or more nonempty lines inside a record. A field starts with its name, followed by a colon, followed by the field content. The colon must reside on the first line of the field, and the first line must start with no whitespace. Subsequent lines, in contrast, always start with linear whitespace (one or more space or tab characters). The sort-dctrl program recognizes two field types: string fields and version fields. Version fields act also as numeric fields. String fields are compared according to strict lexicographical octet-by-octet comparison, after ignoring any initial whitespace after the colon. Version fields are parsed and compared as Debian version numbers. When comparing version numbers, if a field content does not in fact con- form to the version number syntax, it compares less than any field content that does conform, and equal to any other nonconforming field content. The sort-dctrl program assumes all fields are string fields unless told otherwise. You can specify arbitrary number of keys for sorting, using the -k option. The keys are interpreted in a descending order of priority: the first key specified is primary, the second key specified is secondary, and so on. If two records compare equal under the primary key, then they are compared under the secondary key, and so on. If no keys are specified, a default key is assumed (the "Package" field with no mod- ifiers). OPTIONS
-k keyspec, --key-spec=keyspec Specify one or more keys for sorting. You may specify this option any number of times. The keyspec argument consists of a comma- separated list of key specifications. Each key specification consists of the name of the field that serves as the key, optionally followed by a colon and key modifiers. The following key modifiers are supported: r Invert the comparison for this key, reversing the sorting order. v Treat this field as a version number field. n Treat this field as numeric, which currently is synonymous with v. -q, --quiet, --silent Output nothing to the standard output stream. Instead, exit immediately after finding the first match. -l level, --errorlevel=level Set log level to level. level is one of fatal, important, informational and debug, but the last may not be available, depending on the compile-time options. These categories are given here in order; every message that is emitted when fatal is in effect, will be emitted in the important error level, and so on. The default is important. -V, --version Print out version information. -C, --copying Print out the copyright license. This produces much output; be sure to redirect or pipe it somewhere (such as your favourite pager). -h, --help Print out a help summary. EXAMPLES
Here are some sample invocations of the program: sort-dctrl /var/lib/dpkg/available Output the dpkg available file sorted by the package name. sort-dctrl -k Version:v /var/lib/dpkg/available Output the dpkg available file sorted in ascending order of version numbers. sort-dctrl -k Version:vr /var/lib/dpkg/available Output the dpkg available file sorted in descending order of version numbers. sort-dctrl -k Package,Version:v /var/lib/dpkg/available Output the dpkg available file sorted primarily in ascending order of package names and secondarily in descending order of version numbers. sort-dctrl -k Installed-Size:n,Size:nr /var/lib/dpkg/available Output the dpkg available file sorted primarily in ascending order of installation sizes and secondarily in descending order of package sizes. AUTHOR
The program and this manual page were written by Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
Debian Policy Manual. Published as the Debian package debian-policy. Also available in the Debian website. grep-dctrl(1) Debian Project 2005-06-08 SORT-DCTRL(1)