Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cluster node not starting
Operating Systems AIX Cluster node not starting Post 302818817 by MichaelFelt on Sunday 9th of June 2013 12:01:39 PM
Old 06-09-2013
It feels like the synchronization was performed - "forced". As Bakunin mentions, it is most likely a communication problem.

Basic test - start all nodes but do not start a resource groups. I suspect you will not be able to start all nodes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

The other node name of a SUN cluster

Hello, Under ksh I have to run a script on one of the nodes of a Solaris 8 cluster which at some time must execute a command on the alternate node: # rsh <name> "command" I have to implement this script on all the clusters of my company (a lot of...). Fortunately, the names of the two nodes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: heartwork
11 Replies

2. HP-UX

Node can't join cluster

Need help guys! when running cmrunnode batch i'm getting this error cmrunnode : Waiting for cluster to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tris
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

MC/SG Fail to join cluster node

Hi, Please advise me whereas I have two node cluster server configured with MC/SG. Application and DB are running on Node 1, while Node 2 is standby. All the volume group devices are part of cluster environment. There is only one package running at node 1. Node 2 is having the problem to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
1 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Setting up 2 node cluster using solaris 10

hi, i am trying to setup a 2 node cluster environment. following is what i have; 1. 2 x sun ultra60 - 450MHz procs, 1GB RAM, 9GB HDD, solaris 10 2. 2 x HBA cards 3. 2 x Connection leads to connect ultra60 with D1000 4. 1 x D1000 storage box. 5. 3 x 9GB HDD + 2 x 36GB HDD first of all,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solman17
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to configure zones into Single node cluster

Hi Gurus, For learning purpose, I have installed a single node cluster 3.2 on Solaris 10 for practice. Now I am welling to create two non-global zone and create them as a fail over. Will appreciate your help and assistance. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newadmin
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Active Sun cluster node?

I now the logical name and Virtual IP of the cluster. How can I find the active sun cluster node without having root access? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeniatbp
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Identify cluster active node

Hello, Is there any way to identify the active node in a HP-UX cluster without root privileges? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to remove single node cluster

Hi Gurus, I am very new to clustering and for test i have created a single node cluster, now i want to remove the system from cluster. Did some googling however as a newbee in cluster unable to co related the info. Please help Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Single node Sun Cluster with zones

How can we add a shared zfs dataset between 2 zones on a same host. I have sun cluster 3.2 installed in a server which has 2 zones. I want to share a zfs data set between these 2 zones how can we do that ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
7 Replies

10. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies
o2cb_ctl(8)							OCFS2 Manual Pages						       o2cb_ctl(8)

NAME
o2cb_ctl - Control program for the O2CB cluster service. SYNOPSIS
o2cb_ctl -C -n object -t type [-i] [-a attribute ] o2cb_ctl -D -n object [-u] o2cb_ctl -I [-o-z] -l manager> [-n object>] [-t type] [-a attribute] o2cb_ctl -H [-n object] [-t type>] [-a attribute>] o2cb_ctl -h o2cb_ctl -V DESCRIPTION
o2cb_ctl is the control program for the O2CB cluster service. Users are not advised to use this program directly but instead use the O2CB init service and/or ocfs2console. OPTIONS
-C Create an object in the OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -D Delete an object from the existing OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -I Print information about the OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -H Change an object or objects in the existing OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -h Displays help and exit. -V Print version and exit. OTHER OPTIONS
-a <attribute> With -C, <attribute> is in format "parameter=value", where the parameter is a valid parameter that can be set in the file /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. With -I, <attribute> may be "parameter", indicating an attribute to be listed in the output, or it may be "parameter==value", indicating that only objects matching "parameter=value" are to be displayed. -i Valid only with -C. When creating something (node or cluster), it will also install it in the live cluster. If the parameter is not specified, then only update the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. -n object object is usually the node name or cluster name. In the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf file, it would be the value of the name parameter for any of the sections (cluster or node). -o Valid only with -I. Using this parameter, if one asks o2cb_ctl to list all nodes, it will output it in a format suitable for shell parsing. -t type type can be cluster, node or heartbeat. -u Valid only with -D. When deleting something (node or cluster), it will also remove it from the live cluster. If the parameter is not specified, then only update the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. -z Valid only with -I. This is the default. If one asks o2cb_ctl to list all nodes, it will give a verbose listing. EXAMPLES
Add node5 to an offline cluster: $ o2cb_ctl -C -n node5 -t node -a number=5 -a ip_address=192.168.0.5 -a ip_port=7777 -a cluster=mycluster Add node10 to an online cluster: $ o2cb_ctl -C -i -n node10 -t node -a number=10 -a ip_address=192.168.1.10 -a ip_port=7777 -a cluster=mycluster Note the -i argument. Query the IP address of node5: $ o2cb_ctl -I -n node5 -a ip_address Change the IP address of node5: $ o2cb_ctl -H -n node5 -a ip_address=192.168.1.5 SEE ALSO
mkfs.ocfs2(8) fsck.ocfs2(8) tunefs.ocfs2(8) mounted.ocfs2(8) ocfs2console(8) o2cb(7) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.6.4 September 2010 o2cb_ctl(8)