Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep text matching problem with script which checks if web page contains text. Post 302818803 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 9th of June 2013 10:24:05 AM
Old 06-09-2013
LANG sets locale, and has an impact on character sets like [a-z] or [[:print:]].
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way scroll text instead of page?

Is there a way to slowly scroll the output of a file instead of page or cat ? Instead of one page at a time, I would like to slowly scroll the displayed output of the file. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep multiple text files in folder into 1 text file?

How do I use the grep command to take mutiple text files in a folder and make one huge text file out of them. I'm using Mac OS X and can not find a text tool that does it so I figured I'd resort to the BSD Unix CLI for a solution... there are 5,300 files that I want to write to one huge file so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coppertone
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect to a web-page by shell script

Dear all, I am calling a korn shell script(CGI script) by a web-page. This shell script do some checking in a unix file and return true or false. Now within the same script, If it returns true then I want to redirect to another web-page stored in htdocs directory. Example: Login page sends a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to download web page's text to a file?

Hi, Say there is a web page that contains just text only - that is, even the source code is just the text itself, nothing more. An example would be "http://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/docs/ocean_percent.txt" Is there a UNIX command that would allow me to download this text and store it in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breanne
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Help running a unix script from a web page

First, let me state that I am completely out of my realm with this. I have a server running HPUX. I'm not even sure if this can be considered a UNIX question and for that let me apologize in advance. I need to create a web page where a client can input 2 variables (i.e. date and phone number).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grinds
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing matching text from multiple files with a shell script

Hello all, I am in need of assistance in creating a script that will remove a specified block of text from multiple .htaccess files. (roughly 1000 files) I am attempting to help with a project to clean up a linux server that has a series of unwanted url rewrites in place, as well as some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boxx
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching text using grep

Hi folks... Relatively new to scripting, but really struggling with something that will no doubt be second nature to most people on here: Trying to get an exact match on $sub, where sub is an ip address. subnet () { clear while true do ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: CiCa
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script extract text from txt file with grep

All, I require a script that grabs some text from the gitHub API and will grep (or other function) for a string a characters that starts with (") quotes followed by two letters, may contain a pipe |, and ending with ) . What i have so far is below but it's not returning anything. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChocoTaco
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web page with picture, text, php function

Hello. I'm trying to create a web page which the presentation is as follows: 1 °) at the top of page an image 2 °) below the text 3 °) to complete a php function that returns information. I tried different things but none work. Script 1: <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <style> div { ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy text from web page and add to file

I need help to make a script for Ubuntu to OSCam that copy the text on this website that only contains "C: ip port randomUSERNAME password" and want to exclude the text "C:" and replace the rest with the old in my test.server file. (line 22) device = ip,port (line 23) user =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baxarn
6 Replies
LOCALE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 LOCALE(1)

NAME
locale -- display locale settings SYNOPSIS
locale [-a|m] locale [-ck] name [...] DESCRIPTION
locale displays information about the current locale, or a list of all available locales. When locale is run with no arguments, it will display the current source of each locale category. When locale is given the name of a category, it acts as if it had been given each keyword in that category. For each keyword it is given, the current value is displayed. OPTIONS
-a Lists all public locales. -c name ... Lists the category name before each keyword, unless it is the same category as the previously displayed keyword. -k name ... Displays the name of each keyword prior to its value. -m Lists all available public charmaps. Darwin locales do not support charmaps, so list all CODESETs instead. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: name is the name of a keyword or category to display. A list of all keywords and categories can be shown with the following command: locale -ck LC_ALL ENVIRONMENT
LANG Used as a substitute for any unset LC_* variable. If LANG is unset, it will act as if set to "C". If any of LANG or LC_* are set to invalid values, locale acts as if they are all unset. LC_ALL Will override the setting of all other LC_* variables. LC_COLLATE Sets the locale for the LC_COLLATE category. LC_CTYPE Sets the locale for the LC_CTYPE category. LC_MESSAGES Sets the locale for the LC_MESSAGES category. LC_MONETARY Sets the locale for the LC_MONETARY category. LC_NUMERIC Sets the locale for the LC_NUMERIC category. LC_TIME Sets the locale for the LC_TIME category. SEE ALSO
localedef(1), localeconv(3), nl_langinfo(3), setlocale(3) STANDARDS
The locale utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
locale appeared in Mac OS X 10.4 Darwin August 27, 2004 Darwin