Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep commands & format
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep commands & format Post 302818613 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 8th of June 2013 03:34:59 AM
Old 06-08-2013
This file contains command output and then typically the order within a record will be maintained. The alternative would be to fill 4 separate files with 4 separate greps and then paste those files. But either way the correct presentation of those fields needs those 4 fields needs to be present exactly once per record, then either method should work.

Otherwise we would need to create an script that does this, with awk for example. We can make it ever more complex, but if a simple solution works in practice, then why not use that instead? That is why I asked the OP to try and see if it works. He can easily verify if it renders the desired result..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbers & stack commands

Hi everyone, Sorry I keep asking these stupid perl questions here. They're not any sort of assignment or anything like that, I'm just browsing through the book "Learning Perl" and I'm finding that I can do some of their practice exercises just fine, but others give me some trouble. Right now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jason_v
1 Replies

2. SCO

compress & cpio commands

Our End of Day backup routine uses following script. start End-of-day compress $BASE TO /home/compdir write /home/compdir to DATTAPE end where $BASE=/home2/Rev83 DATATAPE=/dev/rmt/ctape1 write=cpio (not sure about parameters) since I'm new to UNIX, i dont know how to restore data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with find & grep commands

Folks; First about find: when i run this: find . -name '*log*' -mtime +10 -print | sed 's+^\./++;s+/.*++' | sort -u i got list of log files but also get a directories (although directory names doesn't have "log" in it). How can i exclude the directory from the output of this find command? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find & If commands together

Hi to everybody!! I have a (simple) question but i am newbie with unix and so i need a little help...I am writing a bash script file and i want to put inside this: i have this command " find /usr/bin -name bzip2 -print " that i want to put it in a "if" statement and when it returns true the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orestis7
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between grep, egrep & grep -i

Hi All, Please i need to know the difference between grep, egrep & grep -i when used to serach through a file. My platform is SunOS 5.9 & i'm using the korn shell. Regards, - divroro12 - (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divroro12
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append && echo "success" to all commands

I am learning to build from SVN and other tools, with a lot of copying and pasting from forums. I like to append && echo "success" to all commands so that I can see at a glance if things went all right. Is there a way that I can have the bash shell append this to all commands? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort a the file & refine data column & row format

cat file1.txt field1 "user1": field2:"data-cde" field3:"data-pqr" field4:"data-mno" field1 "user1": field2:"data-dcb" field3:"data-mxz" field4:"data-zul" field1 "user2": field2:"data-cqz" field3:"data-xoq" field4:"data-pos" Now i need to have the date like below. i have just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckaramsetty
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem with mail commands & format

1. I generated a log for the script. log: abc def ghi ijk If I use general (plain text) format for mail sending, it was displaying correctly with new lines where I have. Eg: abc def ghi ijk But I tried with HTML format using the code: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Grep & find & while read line in a script

Hello people! I would like to create one script following this stage I have one directory with 100 files File001 File002 ... File100 (This is the format of content of the 100 files) 2012/03/10 12:56:50:221875936 1292800448912 12345 0x00 0x04 0 then I have one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abv_mx81
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File System & commands

Hello! Is File System stored in unix kernel or in pc memory? Are unix commands stored in kernel? many thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinklemon
1 Replies
Moose::Cookbook::Meta::Table_MetaclassTrait(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  Moose::Cookbook::Meta::Table_MetaclassTrait(3pm)

NAME
Moose::Cookbook::Meta::Table_MetaclassTrait - Adding a "table" attribute as a metaclass trait VERSION
version 2.0603 SYNOPSIS
# in lib/MyApp/Meta/Class/Trait/HasTable.pm package MyApp::Meta::Class::Trait::HasTable; use Moose::Role; Moose::Util::meta_class_alias('HasTable'); has table => ( is => 'rw', isa => 'Str', ); # in lib/MyApp/User.pm package MyApp::User; use Moose -traits => 'HasTable'; __PACKAGE__->meta->table('User'); DESCRIPTION
In this recipe, we'll create a class metaclass trait which has a "table" attribute. This trait is for classes associated with a DBMS table, as one might do for an ORM. In this example, the table name is just a string, but in a real ORM the table might be an object describing the table. THE METACLASS TRAIT
This really is as simple as the recipe "SYNOPSIS" shows. The trick is getting your classes to use this metaclass, and providing some sort of sugar for declaring the table. This is covered in Moose::Cookbook::Extending::Debugging_BaseClassRole, which shows how to make a module like "Moose.pm" itself, with sugar like "has_table()". Using this Metaclass Trait in Practice Accessing this new "table" attribute is quite simple. Given a class named "MyApp::User", we could simply write the following: my $table = MyApp::User->meta->table; As long as "MyApp::User" has arranged to apply the "MyApp::Meta::Class::Trait::HasTable" to its metaclass, this method call just works. If we want to be more careful, we can check that the class metaclass object has a "table" method: $table = MyApp::User->meta->table if MyApp::User->meta->can('table'); In theory, this is not entirely correct, since the metaclass might be getting its "table" method from a different trait. In practice, you are unlikely to encounter this sort of problem. RECIPE CAVEAT
This recipe doesn't work when you paste it all into a single file. This is because the "use Moose -traits => 'HasTable';" line ends up being executed before the "table" attribute is defined. When the two packages are separate files, this just works. SEE ALSO
Moose::Cookbook::Meta::Labeled_AttributeTrait - Labels implemented via attribute traits AUTHOR
Moose is maintained by the Moose Cabal, along with the help of many contributors. See "CABAL" in Moose and "CONTRIBUTORS" in Moose for details. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-28 Moose::Cookbook::Meta::Table_MetaclassTrait(3pm)