Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A script that processes a sample of a file Post 302818557 by Jotne on Friday 7th of June 2013 06:39:32 PM
Old 06-07-2013
I found this using google. It seem that if you change the parameter you get more and less data.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Unix script file to convert .xml to .csv

Dear all, Can you send me a script file the changes .xml to .csv file. Thanks, Srinivasa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasaphani
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sample of script that control a daemon

Hi everybody, Does somebody has a sample of script that control a daemon? for example use loop until the daemon is on and if is not on do something else? Thanks Pier (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pierrelaval
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate sample records from a file

i have a file having 30 million records.i want to generate a file having say 5% of total records in another file. the records in the new file shud be randomly generated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nishithinfy
1 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

HPVM log file location and a sample

1. Can somebody tell me the log file location of HPVM where all the events of guest OS are reported ? 2. And if possible a log file with important events in it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thegeek
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typo in sample script from book?

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I apologize in advance if I did something wrong here. I am pretty stumped here as I am still getting the error message, "./comc1.sh: test: argument expected." after executing the script itself. Here's the script file I modified: I tried executing line 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ConcealedKnight
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a larger .xml file from a template(sample file)

Dear All, I have a template xml file like below. ....Some---Header....... <SignalPreference> ... <SignalName>STRING</SignalName> ... </SignalPreference> ......Some formatting text....... <SignalPreference> ......... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any Sample ksh script to validate all the database objects

Hi, I need a sample script to validate all the database objects like 1. table structure(columns, datatypes,key contraints if any) 2. synonyms 3. grants 4. indexes ....etc thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Script

Below is the code. Its the 1st line of a file. How can I remove the bracket and display like below. 123 web int 1 09:30:45 2013 I dont want to use AWK or SED or PERL. I need to use only the bash shell scripting commands to do it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sample shell script to add a user

Sample shell script to add a user: Today i learn how to add a user to linux server with a password. #!/bin/bash # Script to add a user to Linux system if ; then read -p "Enter username : " username read -s -p "Enter password : " password egrep "^$username" /etc/passwd >/dev/null if ;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulaxmi
0 Replies
syscallbypid.d(1m)						   USER COMMANDS						syscallbypid.d(1m)

NAME
syscallbypid.d - syscalls by process ID. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
syscallbypid.d DESCRIPTION
This reports the number of each type of system call made by PID. This is useful to identify which process is causing the most system calls. This is based on a script from DExplorer. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # syscallbypid.d FIELDS
PID process ID CMD process name SYSCALL system call name COUNT number of system calls made in this sample DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
syscallbypid.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
procsystime(1M), dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 1.00 Jun 28, 2005 syscallbypid.d(1m)