Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to grep certain entry out of log file Post 302818523 by exm on Friday 7th of June 2013 04:17:07 PM
Old 06-07-2013
I assume I have to substitute "file" with the actual file name? This returns no rows:

Code:
$ sed -rn '/DIP-10219/ s/^.*[^,](cn=.*com).*$/\1/p' $MW_HOME/user_projects/domains/IDMDomain/config/fmwconfig/servers/*/dms_config.xml | while read CMD; do echo ldapdelete -h \$OIDHOST -p \$OIDPORT -D \$OIDUSER -w \$OIDPWD -c -v dn \"$CMD\"; done

Last edited by exm; 06-07-2013 at 05:50 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep table entry problem

Hi, I have a table which looks like this Line a b c 0 10 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep for password file entry

How would I grep for password file entry without using grep 'username' /etc/passwd? perhaps with who? I want to create alias that will find the password file entry regardless of the user who is using it. I am trying to get the same exact line from the file entry like: Name : Password : UserID... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alis
7 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to grep for password file entry

How would I grep for password file entry without using grep 'username' /etc/passwd? perhaps with who? I want to create alias that will find the password file entry regardless of the user who is using it. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alis
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep first occurrence but continue to next entry in patternfile

I have 1300 files (SearchFiles0001.txt, SearchFiles0002.txt, etc.) , each with 650,000 lines, tab-delimited data. I have a pattern file, with about 1000 lines with a single word. Each single word is found in the 1300 files once. If I grep -f PatternFile.txt SearchFiles*.txt >OutputFile.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newhavendweeb
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a new entry at the beginning of a log file instead of at the end?

Hi Ladies and Gents, Explanation of my question with an example: Let's consider the script: backup_every_hour.sh #!/bin/bash rsync -auv $dir $backup_dir >> backup_every_hour_script.log Each time this script is called there will be a new entry at the end of the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddie50
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] grep a part of filename as entry file

hi all, i need to combine these files into one csv file. Bounce_Mail_Event_Daily_Report_01_Jul_2012.csv Bounce_Mail_Event_Daily_Report_02_Jul_2012.csv Bounce_Mail_Event_Daily_Report_03_Jul_2012.csv Bounce_Mail_Event_Daily_Report_04_Jul_2012.csv... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: makan
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep a log file for words listed in separate text file?

Hello, I want to grep a log ("server.log") for words in a separate file ("white-list.txt") and generate a separate log file containing each line that uses a word from the "white-list.txt" file. Putting that in bullet points: Search through "server.log" for lines that contain any word... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep for first entry in a file?

Hello friends, I have a question. Sometimes I have to search for an entry in a file that is repeated thousands of times. Can you tell me how to search so that i get limited results? For example: file: myfile.txt grep "hello world" myfile.txt this above grep will generate 5000... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting latest entry in the log file

Hi there I am trying to write a script where I will need to look for a specific word in the log file and I am aware this can be done by grep for example. As there will be multiple entries for this I want to grep the last one to enter the log... how would I go about this - would I have to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor and capture the latest entry from the log file

Hi, I want to monitor a log file using tail -f command and search for a specific string on the most recent entry from the file. If the search string matches with the most recent or last line from the file, I want send an email to the people with the message. tail -f service.log|tail -n 1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
5 Replies
AFUSE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  AFUSE(1)

NAME
AFUSE - automounting file system implemented in user-space using FUSE DESCRIPTION
usage: afuse mountpoint [options] general options: -o opt,[opt...] mount options -h --help print help -V --version print FUSE version information AFUSE options: -o mount_template=CMD template for CMD to execute to mount (*) -o unmount_template=CMD template for CMD to execute to unmount (*) (**) (*) - When executed, %r and %m are expanded in templates to the root directory name for the new mount point, and the actual directory to mount onto respectively to mount onto. Both templates are REQUIRED. (**)- The unmount command must perform a lazy unmount operation. E.g. the -u -z options to fusermount, or -l for regular mount. FUSE options: -d -o debug enable debug output (implies -f) -f foreground operation -s disable multi-threaded operation -o allow_other allow access to other users -o allow_root allow access to root -o nonempty allow mounts over non-empty file/dir -o default_permissions enable permission checking by kernel -o fsname=NAME set filesystem name -o large_read issue large read requests (2.4 only) -o max_read=N set maximum size of read requests -o hard_remove immediate removal (don't hide files) -o use_ino let filesystem set inode numbers -o readdir_ino try to fill in d_ino in readdir -o direct_io use direct I/O -o kernel_cache cache files in kernel -o umask=M set file permissions (octal) -o uid=N set file owner -o gid=N set file group -o entry_timeout=T cache timeout for names (1.0s) -o negative_timeout=T cache timeout for deleted names (0.0s) -o attr_timeout=T cache timeout for attributes (1.0s) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Varun Hiremath <varunhiremath@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). October 12, 2006 AFUSE(1)