Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Send Email To Windows OS Preserving The Format Post 302818395 by Ariean on Friday 7th of June 2013 12:28:34 PM
Old 06-07-2013
The email body is coming out as empty..I am using bash and dos2unix is in ksh. is that causing the issue?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smbclient print while preserving windows printer settings?

I have successfully gotten AIX to print to a windows shared printer with this command: smbclient -U user%password -W domain -c "print file.ext" the only problem is: I have this print queue set up on the Windows side to overlay an image to all pages. When printing from samba, the overlay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to send email as HTML format with attachment ?

hi.. Could somebody help me how to sent an attachment using sendmail command and the content is HTML format ?. Below is my code to sent the email as HTML but i do not know how to sent the attachment, please help me To: "BAHARIN HASAN"<baharin.hasan@gmail.com> from: "DATAONE SDN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

format log file and send in email.

Hi guys i have one script which is as below do some sqlplus output in to $LOG sed '/^$/d' $LOG > /tmp/job.log mv /tmp/job.log $LOG awk '{if ($5=="COMPLETED") {print "backup completed at "$3" "$4 " of " $6 " for " d>> "/home/email.log" } else {print "check backup for " d}}' d="$ORACLE_SID"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Preserving the format of top command result

hi, I have tried the below command in RHEL5: top|mailx -s "test" "abc@cvf.com" But in the mail the content was not in proper format. Is there any way to preserve the format ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies
ABOOK(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ABOOK(1)

NAME
abook - text-based address book program SYNOPSIS
abook [ OPTION ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the abook program. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. abook is a text-based address book program. It contains Name, Email, Address and various Phone fields. It is designed for use with mutt, but can be equally useful on its own. OPTIONS
-h --help Show usage. -C --config <filename> Use an alternative configuration file (default is $HOME/.abook/abookrc). --datafile <filename> Use an alternative addressbook file (default is $HOME/.abook/addressbook). --mutt-query <string> Make a query for mutt (search the addressbook for <string>). The --datafile option, as documented above, may be used BEFORE this option to search a different addressbook file. --convert [ --informat <inputformat> ] [ --infile <inputfile> ] [ --outformat <outputformat> ] [ --outfile <outputfile> ] Converts <inputfile> in <inputformat> to <outputfile> in <outputformat> (defaults are abook, stdin, text and stdout). The following inputformats are supported: - abook abook native format - ldif ldif / Netscape addressbook - mutt mutt alias - pine pine addressbook - csv comma separated values - palmcsv Palm comma separated values The following outputformats are supported: - abook abook native format - ldif ldif / Netscape addressbook (.4ld) - mutt mutt alias - html html document - pine pine addressbook - gcrd GnomeCard (VCard) addressbook - csv comma separated values - palmcsv Palm comma separated values - elm elm alias - text plain text - spruce Spruce address book - wl Wanderlust address book - bsdcal BSD calendar --add-email Read an e-mail message from stdin and add the sender to the addressbook. --add-email-quiet Same as --add-email but doesn't confirm adding. --formats List available formats. COMMANDS DURING USE
Press '?' during use to get a list of commands. SEE ALSO
mutt(1), abookrc(5) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Alan Ford <alan@whirlnet.co.uk>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). abook was written by Jaakko Heinonen <jheinonen@users.sourceforge.net> 2006-09-06 ABOOK(1)