Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Send Email To Windows OS Preserving The Format Post 302818385 by vbe on Friday 7th of June 2013 12:03:10 PM
Old 06-07-2013
Try like this
Code:
\cat $LOG_DIR/StageLoadEmailBody | \ux2dos | \/bin/mailx -s "Provider File Loaded Successfully" "${EMAIL_LIST}"

Last edited by vbe; 06-07-2013 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: typo

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smbclient print while preserving windows printer settings?

I have successfully gotten AIX to print to a windows shared printer with this command: smbclient -U user%password -W domain -c "print file.ext" the only problem is: I have this print queue set up on the Windows side to overlay an image to all pages. When printing from samba, the overlay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to send email as HTML format with attachment ?

hi.. Could somebody help me how to sent an attachment using sendmail command and the content is HTML format ?. Below is my code to sent the email as HTML but i do not know how to sent the attachment, please help me To: "BAHARIN HASAN"<baharin.hasan@gmail.com> from: "DATAONE SDN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

format log file and send in email.

Hi guys i have one script which is as below do some sqlplus output in to $LOG sed '/^$/d' $LOG > /tmp/job.log mv /tmp/job.log $LOG awk '{if ($5=="COMPLETED") {print "backup completed at "$3" "$4 " of " $6 " for " d>> "/home/email.log" } else {print "check backup for " d}}' d="$ORACLE_SID"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Preserving the format of top command result

hi, I have tried the below command in RHEL5: top|mailx -s "test" "abc@cvf.com" But in the mail the content was not in proper format. Is there any way to preserve the format ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies
comsat(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 comsat(8)

NAME
comsat - The biff server SYNOPSIS
comsat DESCRIPTION
The comsat server receives reports of incoming mail and notifies users who request this service. comsat is invoked by the inetd(8) daemon when it receives messages on a datagram port associated with the biff(1) service specification in /etc/services(4). The datagram contains a 1-line message of the form: user@mailbox-offset If the user specified is logged in and the associated terminal has the owner execute bit turned on (with biff y), offset is used as a seek offset into the file named in mailbox. The first 7 lines or 560 characters of the mes- sage are printed on the user's system. The message excludes mail header lines other than the From or Subject lines. The comsat command always tries to convert incoming mail messages from the mail interchange codeset to the user's application codeset. It determines the mail interchange code first by checking the mail message itself to see if it contains the required information. Otherwise, the system-wide default mail interchange code in the file /usr/lib/mail-codesets will be used. If no such system file exists, no codeset conversion will be performed. The determination of the user's application code in each terminal session is by one of the following methods. The application codeset defined in the user's Asian tty driver. The codeset name stored in the ~/.codesetdevname file, where devname is the name of the terminal device for the current terminal session. You can obtain the value of devname by issuing the tty command. For example, if the tty command returns /dev/ttys8, use ttys8 as the value for devname. The lang valued option defined in $HOME/.mailrc or /usr/share/lib/Mail.rc. FILES
Specifies the command path. Includes information about logged-in users and their associated ttys. File containing mailx subcommands to customize mailx for a specific user. File containing mailx subcommands to change mailx for all users on the system. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: biff(1), inetd(8), mailx(1), mh(1) Files: services(4), inetd.conf(4), tty(7) delim off comsat(8)