Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Have a static IP for net0
Operating Systems Solaris Have a static IP for net0 Post 302818165 by Peasant on Friday 7th of June 2013 04:26:48 AM
Old 06-07-2013
The article even uses net0 interface in the examples, you can copy/paste everything except the IP address and route ! Smilie

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 06-07-2013 at 06:04 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Static IP

Is it possible, and if so, how can I assign a static IP address to my RedHat 8.0 machine. I am using a Linksys router/switch with DHCP enabled. I have a small linux/windows2000 LAN at home. I want to assign a static IP so that I can setup port forwarding to my linux machine so that I can ssh into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
7 Replies

2. Programming

Static

What does this command exactly do cc -static example.c (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
6 Replies

3. IP Networking

static route ?

Hi, I have a machine that sits on 10.2 network. I need to ssh from this to another box that is on both 10.125 & 10.140 VLANs what should I need to do? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Static Route

Hi, Request you to please tell me the command or the process to add the static route in redhat linux. Thanks in Advance. Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to static the average value

Hi all, Sorry I make a mistake,the title should be "How to statistic the average value " I do five times about "mv 123 to 456" and do five times about "mv 456 to 123" As we know,"time" can get the real usr sys value, I want to get the average real,usr,sys of "mv 123 to 456" and "mv 456 to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

I need HELP to Set up Coyote Linux router with 1 static IP & 64 internal static IP

hello, i need help on setting my coyote linux, i've working on this for last 5 days, can't get it to work. I've been posting this message to coyote forum, and other linux forum, but haven't get any answer yet. Hope someone here can help me...... please see my attached picture first. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlwoaud
0 Replies

7. Linux

Could static library include static library?

I have some static library(libxxx.a libyyy.a). And I want to generate my library(libzzz.a), libzzz.a will use libxxx.a and libyyy.a I wan't my application only use libzzz.a, (means libzzz.a had include libxxx.a, libyyy.a), how can I do that? Thank you. example: I have zzz.c. I do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freemagic
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to tell if i am using DHCP or Static

Hey guys , YEs this is probably silly for most but i am new to this forum and solaris . i am curious to know if the ip address we have for our solaris server is static or dhcp . how can i tell ? will ifconfig -a tell me this ? or other commands? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xdrivex
1 Replies

9. Programming

Even the Static cURL Library Isn't Static

I'm writing a program which uses curl to be run on Linux PCs which will be used by a number of different users. I cannot make the users all install curl on their individual machines, so I have tried to link curl in statically, rather than using libcurl.so. I downloaded the source and created a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
8 Replies
SHOREWALL-PROXYARP(5)						  [FIXME: manual]					     SHOREWALL-PROXYARP(5)

NAME
proxyarp - Shorewall Proxy ARP file SYNOPSIS
/etc/shorewall/proxyarp DESCRIPTION
This file is used to define Proxy ARP. There is one entry in this file for each IP address to be proxied. The columns in the file are as follows. ADDRESS - address IP Address. INTERFACE - interface (Optional as of Shorewall 4.4.16) Local interface where system with the ip address in ADDRESS is connected. This column is only required when HAVEROUTE is set to No (no) or is left empty. EXTERNAL - interface External Interface to be used to access this system from the Internet. HAVEROUTE - [-|Yes|No] If there is already a route from the firewall to the host whose address is given, enter Yes or yes in this column. Otherwise, enter no or No or leave the column empty and Shorewall will add the route for you. If Shorewall adds the route, its persistence depends on the value of thePERSISTENT column contains Yes; otherwise, shorewall stop or shorewall clear will delete the route. PERSISTENT - [-|Yes|No] If HAVEROUTE is No or no, then the value of this column determines if the route added by Shorewall persists after a shorewall stop or a shorewall clear. If this column contains Yes or yes then the route persists; If the column is empty or contains No or no then the route is deleted by shorewall stop or shorewall clear. EXAMPLE
Example 1: Host with IP 155.186.235.6 is connected to interface eth1 and we want hosts attached via eth0 to be able to access it using that address. #ADDRESS INTERFACE EXTERNAL 155.186.235.6 eth1 eth0 FILES
/etc/shorewall/proxyarp SEE ALSO
http://shorewall.net/ProxyARP.htm http://shorewall.net/configuration_file_basics.htm#Pairs shorewall(8), shorewall-accounting(5), shorewall-actions(5), shorewall-blacklist(5), shorewall-hosts(5), shorewall_interfaces(5), shorewall-ipsets(5), shorewall-maclist(5), shorewall-masq(5), shorewall-nat(5), shorewall-netmap(5), shorewall-params(5), shorewall-policy(5), shorewall-providers(5), shorewall-rtrules(5), shorewall-routestopped(5), shorewall-rules(5), shorewall.conf(5), shorewall-secmarks(5), shorewall-tcclasses(5), shorewall-tcdevices(5), shorewall-tcrules(5), shorewall-tos(5), shorewall-tunnels(5), shorewall-zones(5) [FIXME: source] 06/28/2012 SHOREWALL-PROXYARP(5)