Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep commands & format
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep commands & format Post 302818051 by Daniel Gate on Friday 7th of June 2013 12:46:47 AM
Old 06-07-2013
Sorry, how do you use
Code:
paste

in this case?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbers & stack commands

Hi everyone, Sorry I keep asking these stupid perl questions here. They're not any sort of assignment or anything like that, I'm just browsing through the book "Learning Perl" and I'm finding that I can do some of their practice exercises just fine, but others give me some trouble. Right now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jason_v
1 Replies

2. SCO

compress & cpio commands

Our End of Day backup routine uses following script. start End-of-day compress $BASE TO /home/compdir write /home/compdir to DATTAPE end where $BASE=/home2/Rev83 DATATAPE=/dev/rmt/ctape1 write=cpio (not sure about parameters) since I'm new to UNIX, i dont know how to restore data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with find & grep commands

Folks; First about find: when i run this: find . -name '*log*' -mtime +10 -print | sed 's+^\./++;s+/.*++' | sort -u i got list of log files but also get a directories (although directory names doesn't have "log" in it). How can i exclude the directory from the output of this find command? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find & If commands together

Hi to everybody!! I have a (simple) question but i am newbie with unix and so i need a little help...I am writing a bash script file and i want to put inside this: i have this command " find /usr/bin -name bzip2 -print " that i want to put it in a "if" statement and when it returns true the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orestis7
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between grep, egrep & grep -i

Hi All, Please i need to know the difference between grep, egrep & grep -i when used to serach through a file. My platform is SunOS 5.9 & i'm using the korn shell. Regards, - divroro12 - (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divroro12
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append && echo "success" to all commands

I am learning to build from SVN and other tools, with a lot of copying and pasting from forums. I like to append && echo "success" to all commands so that I can see at a glance if things went all right. Is there a way that I can have the bash shell append this to all commands? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort a the file & refine data column & row format

cat file1.txt field1 "user1": field2:"data-cde" field3:"data-pqr" field4:"data-mno" field1 "user1": field2:"data-dcb" field3:"data-mxz" field4:"data-zul" field1 "user2": field2:"data-cqz" field3:"data-xoq" field4:"data-pos" Now i need to have the date like below. i have just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckaramsetty
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem with mail commands & format

1. I generated a log for the script. log: abc def ghi ijk If I use general (plain text) format for mail sending, it was displaying correctly with new lines where I have. Eg: abc def ghi ijk But I tried with HTML format using the code: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Grep & find & while read line in a script

Hello people! I would like to create one script following this stage I have one directory with 100 files File001 File002 ... File100 (This is the format of content of the 100 files) 2012/03/10 12:56:50:221875936 1292800448912 12345 0x00 0x04 0 then I have one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abv_mx81
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File System & commands

Hello! Is File System stored in unix kernel or in pc memory? Are unix commands stored in kernel? many thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinklemon
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)