Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Unable to mailx new $pid for a script restart Post 302817965 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 6th of June 2013 05:01:17 PM
Old 06-06-2013
The section (if block) where you call mailx is on the condition that $pid is zero length.
So you cannot send an "empty" pid and be able to read it. So, help me here. What are you trying to do?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to do mailx from shell script

Hi From within a shell script my mailx doesnt seem to work...can somebody tell me what is wrong... #!/bin/ksh #Script to verify wheather all databases listed are up and running #Script works with Oracle8 and above databases #Script has to be run by ./scriptname DBA=xiamin@unix.com echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
3 Replies

2. Linux

mailx: Unable to send Japanese

Hi All, I am facing problem in sending Japanese characters using mailx command in GNU linux machine. The mail is going with junk characters like "メールの-界へようこそ". I tried changing the LANG value to japan locale off UTF-8. But it doesn't worked. I have to send the data as body not as an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karteek
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to send mail through mailx

Hi, I am using solaris 5.9 OS and I am facing an issues with mailx. My SMTP port is configured to listen 6190 and not the default one which is 25. I can send mail to my inbox when i do it manually through the following steps root@<dbname> # telnet 15.12.88.10 6190 Trying 15.12.88.10...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinathkiru
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

[Solved] mailx : unknown user issue

Hi all, I know this issues has been discussed multiple times, i have gone through many such discussion but unfortunately i am still not able to solve the issue being faced. I have configured the sendmail.cf with the smtp host name (Editing the entry starting with DS...) Post that restarted... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chpsam
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Unable to call a python script from bash

Hi, I am trying to run a python script embedded in bash script. But is throwing me an error. Please help. Script: #!/bin/bash nohup /usr/bin/python /opt/web/http.py & Error: /usr/bin/python: can't open file '/opt/web/http.py': No such file or directory Please help me on this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy26615
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Can't stop/restart postfix - pid associated with another process

This issue could happen to any other service but in this case its commssioning Postfix - it seems i can't stop postfix as the PID relates to another service - i've delete the 'master.lock' but to no available - any ideas, memeory commands etc ? thanks in advance ps. the serve is in Production so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to get pid from fuser

bash-3.2$ fuser -f /bin/nohup.out /bin/nohup.out: 13136o 13111o The pid is 13136. Can you tell me how can i extract just the pid 13136 from the above output ? bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v I was trying on this lines but i get strange... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)