Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Put Script on Start-up the sh Terminal Post 302817747 by vbe on Thursday 6th of June 2013 11:21:03 AM
Old 06-06-2013
Are you talking of local on a workstation ?

In any case the best is to put your code in a script and call the script in the good .profile using exec otherwise you will find yourself with the prompt waiting yet another exit since script forks a new shell...
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run the start script from the terminal? Newbie Time!

Hi, How do I "run a script"? I'm trying to start up some software called ElectroServer 3, and was told I just needed to "run the start script from the terminal to get things going". From the terminal, i use cd command to change to the software's directory, and I guess the script in question is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: waking_bear
4 Replies

2. Linux

where to put an application if i want to start it on start up

hi i want to know the way by which i put any file somewhere and it get s started when the system restarts or bots i mean whenever my system starts that application must also start thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shukla_chanchal
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal doesnt start

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new using UNIX, but a friend of mine was helping me configure the unix terminal on my mac, and he changed some stuff on the bash profile .bash_profile. Everything was going well until I shut my computer and restarted it. When I opened the terminal this time this is what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thefloydpink
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to put the STDOUT back to terminal

I have put the file descriptor 1 to file, using command exec 1>>out.txt Then I could not see any output on the screen, how could I restore the default output to terminal? :mad: Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: biglau
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

start a new terminal from a script after opening VPN

Hi all, I am trying to write a script that launch the cisco vpn client from the command line and then connects to a remote host using ssh. When i connect to the cisco vpn using vpnclient client connect the last lines of output from that client is Encryption: 168-bit 3-DES Authentication:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start SCRIPT command at begin of TERMINAL?

Hello sir, I want to monitor my work on the terminal.I know we can use script command.But every time when I start the terminal, I have to type script to start it.I want to automate it. So where should I include this command so that it will start as soon as I start the terminal ???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put a # in start of a specific line of a file

Hello Guys Please let me know how to solve the below issue I have a file like below drop table R1416.ABC1 cascade constraints; drop table R1416.ABC2 cascade constraints; drop table R1416.ABC3 cascade constraints; drop table R1416.ABC4 cascade constraints; drop table R1416.ABC5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start a shell script in a terminal console from graphic environment?

Hello. Normally when you double click on the file name, the shell script start in background. If you want to see what is going on, you must open a terminal console and start the shell within the terminal. Is it possible to start directly a shell script in a terminal console from the file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
0 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Start X Server without starting a terminal

when I run C:\cygwin\bin\run C:\cygwin\bin\startxwin.exe it fires up a terminal by default. Can I eliminate that terminal and start the x server as a service silently and sits in my status bar just there? Thanks Jack (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
0 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3pm)	 Perl Programmers Reference Guide     CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource - add custom sources to CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
### elaborate help text CPAN Terminal> /? cs ### add a new custom source CPAN Terminal> /cs --add file:///path/to/releases ### list all your custom sources by CPAN Terminal> /cs --list ### display the contents of a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --contents file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --contents 1 ### Update a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --update file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --update 1 ### Remove a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --remove file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --remove 1 ### Write an index file for a custom source, to share ### with 3rd parties or remote users CPAN Terminal> /cs --write file:///path/to/releases ### Make sure to save your sources when adding/removing ### sources, so your changes are reflected in the cache: CPAN Terminal> x DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that can add custom sources to your CPANPLUS installation. This is a wrapper around the "custom module sources" code as outlined in "CUSTOM MODULE SOURCES" in CPANPLUS::Backend. This allows you to extend your index of available modules beyond what's available on "CPAN" with your own local distributions, or ones offered by third parties. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3pm)