Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Do not want to print sftp commands in log Post 302817523 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 6th of June 2013 02:44:51 AM
Old 06-06-2013

Hello,

Please let me know which kind of logs you are expecting in Output file. Is it Output of all the commands you are execuitng.

A example can help me a bit.

R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sftp basic commands

I'm trying to make use of some common generic functions already present in the scripts loaded in the environment. A variable VAR1 is declared and used in the generic functions. Its value is also set in the generic function. Now I need to use that generic function for PURGING of some old files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: livetaurean19
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP commands in SFTP

Hi, I am in the process of migrating all my FTP data flows into SFTP to make data more secure... I have used many quote site commands in our FTP sesssion. In SFTP i found that there is no option to do such commands. Does any body here know to overcome the current situation. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astra
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

commands to remote sftp

Hello, Is there a way to use wc, sed or other commands against remote sftp in a regular shell script? wc -c *.* | grep total | sed s/total// ? thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chm0dvii
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] remove all print jobs from a print queue

Hello, Sometimes i need to clear all the jobs of a print queue and it is really annoying to cancel one by one. Is there a way to cancel all print jobs for a specific print queue with a single command instead of cancelling them one by one? My AIX system is 5.3 Thank you for your attention (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] auto sftp

i was able to script: ftp -n hosname << DONE user username pwd put quite close DONE can i do same as sftp ? i tried, but it keeps asking for pwd. when i typed pwd, and it worked fine. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] SFTP problem

Hi, I'm new to sh scripting and have the following problem. I have a script to sftp that is now working with ssh key. But i need to change this, i wan't to sftp with a password. I have the following script, tried a lot to make a variabel for the password. But i can't make it work ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvhindex
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on commands in sftp using BatchFile

Hi, The script didn't continue as "20130109" folder is already created on the destination server. Please help. Entry in script: cat > $filebatch << __EOF__ mkdir $current_date mkdir $current_date/$fpdomain cd $current_date/$fpdomain ls -l __EOF__ Error: sftp -b... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] ls -l in CentOS 6.4 after upload using sftp

Hi everyone, Something rather interesting just happened to me. I uploaded a file to a server through sftp. I closed the connection and then logged on to the server via ssh. So far so good. When I typed ls -l in the remote server to retrieve a directory listing, the file that was previously... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
2 Replies
LURKER-PARAMS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LURKER-PARAMS(1)

NAME
lurker-params -- parses parameters from the config file SYNOPSIS
lurker-params [-c <config-file>] [-f <locale>] [-d -u -a -n -e -x -m -i -k -w -h -r] DESCRIPTION
lurker-params outputs various lurker settings from the config file for use in shell scripts. Do not use sed/grep/etc, instead use this as it respects include. OPTIONS
-c config-file Use this config file for lurker settings. -f locale Choose lurker config fields from the specified locale (it defaults to selecting the fallback case for each field). -d Output only the dbdir parameter -u Output only the db_umask parameter -a Output only the archive parameter -n Output only the administrator name -e Output only the administrator email address -x Output only the xslt processing command -m Output only the mime pgp verifying command -i Output only the inline pgp verifying command -k Output only the command for deleting a message -w Output only the web_cache state -h Output only the hide_email state -r Output only the raw_email state SEE ALSO
lurker-index(1), lurker-prune(1), lurker-list(1), lurker-search(1) lurker documentation on http://lurker.sourceforge.net/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002: Wesley W. Terpstra <terpstra@users.sourceforge.net> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. BUGS
Before reporting a bug, please confirm that the bug you found is still present in the latest official release. If the problem persists, then send mail with instructions describing how to reproduce the bug to <lurker-users@lists.sourceforge.net>. LURKER-PARAMS(1)