Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X Windows display
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users X Windows display Post 302817489 by vibhor_agarwali on Thursday 6th of June 2013 01:13:44 AM
Old 06-06-2013
Hmm, that will require some digging into Windows 7 firewall with respect to XP.
Let's see if we find something.

Please share more thoughts on your preference of VNC for X thing.
Couldn't get it.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Remote X-Windows "Display" Access

Hi all, I am trying to get XScrabble running on my two FreeBSD boxes "freeserver" and "freework". When I set it up for two "human" players on "freeserver" it asks me for the X Displays to use, eg. ":0.0" so, I try: Human1 :0.0 Human2 freework:0.0 The problem is I get the error:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to open display from windows to solaris?

How can I telnet from my windows XP machine to my Ultra 60 and run firefox? I am unable to open the display using /usr/openwin/bin/xhost like I do from one Sun machine to another? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ridgeback00
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Help with exporting DISPLAY from Linux to Windows XP

Hi Experts, I am using Cygwin and Xming server to bring back the display from Linux to a Windows machine. I am following the below steps :- 1. Close down all X Servers 2. Run XMing – XLaunch 3. Select Multiple 4. Select Start no clients 5. Tick No Access Control box 6. Click Finish... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: oopsalion
7 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

pass an xpdf display from red hat server to windows ssh workstation

I have a UniVerse database running on a Red Hat EL3 server. If I am on the server console my software can call xpdf giving the name of a target file and it displays very nicely on the console. I have not been able to figure out how to get the display to happen on any of the Windows XP workstations.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dale kelley
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Exporting display to windows machine

hello all, I have been googling alot about my problem and finally thought to post a question. server: SunOS 5.1 64bit pn Sun Netra 240 i need to run an application which shows a gui tool but i believe SunOS cant show the GUI so i need to export the display to my system which is running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wonderwall
3 Replies
ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)												 ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)

NAME
arno-iptables-firewall - Single- & multi-homed firewall script with DSL/ADSL support. SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/arno-iptables-firewall [start|stop|status|force-reload|restart] DESCRIPTION
arno-iptables-firewall is an iptables configuration script with support for both IPv4 & IPv6. While it is extremely easy to use one can nevertheless use it in quite complicated environments. All available options are explained in the extensively documented configuration file. The external interface of the system needs to be set up properly in the firewalls configuration file (EXT_IF). The default behavior of the firewall is to deny all incoming connections. For additional requirements not covered by the configuration file custom iptables rules can be placed in /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/cus- tom-rules. This file is automatically parsed by the service script. See the README file (eg. in /usr/(local/)share/doc/arno-iptables-firewall) for an example how to manage logging of firewall events through syslogd. The arno-fwfilter script can be used to make the firewall logs more readable for humans (see manpage). Several plugins for the firewall script are available online. Plugins can be downloaded from http://rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl/ Please see the README file for more information. FILES
/etc/init.d/arno-iptables-firewall system service script /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/firewall.conf firewall configuration /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/conf.d/ firewall configuration directory /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/custom-rules custom iptables rules /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/blocked-hosts host blacklist /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/mac-addresses mac filter list Please note, that the last two files do exist in the initial configuration and their use is disabled in /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/fire- wall.conf SEE ALSO
iptables(8), arno-fwfilter(1), syslog.conf(5) The http://rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl/ web site. AUTHOR
arno-iptables-firewall was written by Arno van Amersfoort <arnova@rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl>. This manual page was written by Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Michael Hanke March 14, 2012 ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)