Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X Windows display
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users X Windows display Post 302817489 by vibhor_agarwali on Thursday 6th of June 2013 01:13:44 AM
Old 06-06-2013
Hmm, that will require some digging into Windows 7 firewall with respect to XP.
Let's see if we find something.

Please share more thoughts on your preference of VNC for X thing.
Couldn't get it.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Remote X-Windows "Display" Access

Hi all, I am trying to get XScrabble running on my two FreeBSD boxes "freeserver" and "freework". When I set it up for two "human" players on "freeserver" it asks me for the X Displays to use, eg. ":0.0" so, I try: Human1 :0.0 Human2 freework:0.0 The problem is I get the error:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to open display from windows to solaris?

How can I telnet from my windows XP machine to my Ultra 60 and run firefox? I am unable to open the display using /usr/openwin/bin/xhost like I do from one Sun machine to another? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ridgeback00
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Help with exporting DISPLAY from Linux to Windows XP

Hi Experts, I am using Cygwin and Xming server to bring back the display from Linux to a Windows machine. I am following the below steps :- 1. Close down all X Servers 2. Run XMing – XLaunch 3. Select Multiple 4. Select Start no clients 5. Tick No Access Control box 6. Click Finish... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: oopsalion
7 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

pass an xpdf display from red hat server to windows ssh workstation

I have a UniVerse database running on a Red Hat EL3 server. If I am on the server console my software can call xpdf giving the name of a target file and it displays very nicely on the console. I have not been able to figure out how to get the display to happen on any of the Windows XP workstations.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dale kelley
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Exporting display to windows machine

hello all, I have been googling alot about my problem and finally thought to post a question. server: SunOS 5.1 64bit pn Sun Netra 240 i need to run an application which shows a gui tool but i believe SunOS cant show the GUI so i need to export the display to my system which is running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wonderwall
3 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)