Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting the non-homogenous letter row from a text file Post 302817481 by balajesuri on Thursday 6th of June 2013 12:55:47 AM
Old 06-06-2013
Here's a perl:
Code:
perl -ane '/^(.)/ && ($x = $1); print if ($F[0] !~ /^[$x-]+$/i)' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the column for a row in a text file and adding another row

Hi, I want to write a shell script which increments a particular column in a row from a text file and then adds another row below the current row with the incremented value . For Eg . if the input file has a row : abc xyz lmn 89 lm nk o p I would like the script to create something like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aYankeeFan
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I bcp out a table into a text file including the header row in the text file

Hi All, I need to BCP out a table into a text file along with the table headers. Normal BCP out command only bulk copies the data, and not the headers. I am using the following command: bcp database1..table1 out file1.dat -c -t\| -b1000 -A8192 -Uuser -Ppassword -efile.dat.err Regards,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_acc
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find positions of a letter in a text file

Hi, I would like to know how can I get all the positions of a letter, let say letter C in a text file. sample input file: hcck pgog hlhhc desired output file: 2 3 13 Many thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you delete cells from a space delimited text file given row and column number?

How do you delete cells from a space delimited text file given row and column number? Letś say the row number is r and the column number is c. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a column to a text file with row numbers

Hi, I would like to add a new column containing the row numbers to a text file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! Example input: A X B Y C D Output: A X 1 B Y 2 C D 3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select row from file and text

Hi all! I would like to solve a problem but I have no clue of how do it!I will be grateful if someone could help me! Briefly I have a big file like this: >ENSMUSG00000000204 | ENSMUST00000159637 GGCGAGGCTTACGCCATTTTACCTCAGCGAGCATTCATAAAGCTGCGAGCATTCATACAG >ENSMUSG00000000204 |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search row by row from one file to another file if match is found print few colums of file 2

this is the requirement list.txt table1 table2 table3 testfile.txt name#place#data#select * from table1 name2#place2#data2#select * from table 10 innerjoin table3 name2#place2#data2#select * from table 10 output name place table1 name2 place table3 i tried using awk (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsekumar
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific letter in a file by other letter

Good afternoon all, I want to ask how to change some letter in my file with other letter in spesific line eg. data.txt 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 for example i want to change the 4th line with character 1. How could I do it by SED or AWK. I have tried to run this code but actually did not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weslyarfan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column to row and position data in a text file

Hi everyone.. I have a list of values in a file... a, b, c, 1, 2, 3, aaaa, bbbbb, I am interested in converting this column to a row.. "text",aaaa, bbbb a,1 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manihi
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print every alternate column in row in a text file

Hi, I have a comma separated file. I would like to print every alternate columns into a new row. Example input file: Name : John, Age : 30, DOB : 30-Oct-2018 Example output: Name,Age,DOB John,30,30-Oct-2018 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lini
3 Replies