Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS Post 302817337 by DGPickett on Wednesday 5th of June 2013 03:08:48 PM
Old 06-05-2013
It is part of server configuration to designate where execuatables can lie, else it opens big security problems. You can write a cgi there that runs things elsewhere. I believe you can tree down into subfolders of allowed folders.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI passing arrays/hashes to another CGI script

If I have a Perl CGI script (script01), which fills an array(s) with information and outputs a HTML page with a link to another CGI page (script02); is there anyway to pass the array(s) from "script01" to "script02" when the page visitor clicks the link? Hope that makes sense! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSH CGI-BIN question ?

Hi, 1. How to Write csh CGI-BIN script which return a web page which show the environment of the executed script ? 2. How do we read command line on csh and ksh ? Thank's (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 7eleven
2 Replies

3. Solaris

apache ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/400.cgi

Hi All, Sorry if the question is trivial for you but, I am new to Apache (2.0.63) and am trying to figure out how to display my 400.cgi. Here is what I have in httpd.conf servername testing DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs" ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/badrequest-400.cgi Here is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache/CGI Bin Accessing mounted SMB share

Hey Guys, I need to copy some files from my Apache server to SMB share ... copy $file,"/Volumes/v1/x/test/$datestamp$name$suffix" Unfortunately this command when executed from Apache/cgi-bin is not able to access mounted volumes .. is there anything that can be done about that ... Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NDxiak
1 Replies

5. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create cgi-bin

Hello anyone, I'm a PHP programmer that, through work has to be a server administrator. We have a dedicated server at godaddy. I just found this forum but probably could have asked a thousand questions that I've already figured out. I tried finding anything online and would think this would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freddythunder
0 Replies

7. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI Perl : while loop in CGI perl

Hi Team, I am trying to connect to database(succeeded ) and print the records on the browser using while loop. But the elements of array are not displayed instead while loop is displayed directly. Instead of the below I can embed html statements in print but I am looking for the below style as I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert my /bin/sh script with cgi and html to run it on browser!??

Hello, I want to run this script on my CentOS 6 via browser : ________________________________________________________________________________________________ #!/bin/sh echo Username? read MY_NAME echo Provisional file name? read MY_FILE echo File NAME you want to save? read MY_FILE2... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: juta2020
16 Replies
UPSSET.CONF(5)							    NUT Manual							    UPSSET.CONF(5)

NAME
upsset.conf - Configuration for Network UPS Tools upsset.cgi DESCRIPTION
This file only does one job--it lets you convince upsset.cgi(8) that your system's CGI directory is secure. The program will not run until this file has been properly defined. SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
upsset.cgi(8) allows you to try login name and password combinations. There is no rate limiting, as the program shuts down between every request. Such is the nature of CGI programs. Normally, attackers would not be able to access your upsd(8) server directly as it would be protected by the LISTEN directives in your upsd.conf(5) file, tcp-wrappers (if available when NUT was built), and hopefully local firewall settings in your OS. upsset runs on your web server, so upsd will see it as a connection from a host on an internal network. It doesn't know that the connection is actually coming from someone on the outside. This is why you must secure it. On Apache, you can use the .htaccess file or put the directives in your httpd.conf. It looks something like this, assuming the .htaccess method: <Files upsset.cgi> deny from all allow from your.network.addresses </Files> You will probably have to set "AllowOverride Limit" for this directory in your server-level configuration file as well. If this doesn't make sense, then stop reading and leave this program alone. It's not something you absolutely need to have anyway. Assuming you have all this done, and it actually works (test it!), then you may add the following directive to this file: I_HAVE_SECURED_MY_CGI_DIRECTORY If you lie to the program and someone beats on your upsd through your web server, don't blame me. SEE ALSO
upsset.cgi(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/22/2012 UPSSET.CONF(5)