Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Printing a file within a cat call Post 302817317 by shamrock on Wednesday 5th of June 2013 02:44:42 PM
Old 06-05-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by elixir_sinari
Why use cat at all? Use the shell itself geo=$(<geom.txt).
Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat and lp or pr printing of file

Can you use cat to send the first 25 lines of a file to the printer? I'm thinking I can pipe it with '|' but I'm not school to check printer output. With the 'nl' used, all lines are numbered on the print out, but how does one number only the blank lines? Thanks:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bitwize
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easiest way to cat out first 100 lines of a file into a different file?

Not sure how to do this exactly.. just want to take the first 100 lines of a file and cat it out into a second file. I know I can do a more on a file and > it into a different file, but how can I make it so only the first 100 lines get moved over? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cat file

I want to cat a file with only show the line contain '/bin/bash' but don't show the line contain 'load' (don't show if the line contain 'load' and '/bin/bash' together), how to type in the command? thk a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat file

how to cat a file by ignoring first line and last line (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

for i in `cat file` do

in bash: for i in `cat file` ; do echo $i done; how will i do this in perl ? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat Command on File not printing "Blank" Lines?

Hello All, I have a bash script and in it at some point I call an Expect Script that does some stuff and saves its output in a ".txt" file. Example "/path/to/my/file/Expect_Output.txt" file: notice the 2nd line is empty in the file... Data for Host-1 (192.168.1.110) Checking the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh cat file output into a file on local computer

Hello, I'm on a remote computer by SSH. How can I get the output of "cat file" into a file on the local computer? I cannot use scp, because it's blocked. something like: ssh root@remote_maschine "cat /file" > /locale_machine/file :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borsti007
2 Replies
HTML::Microformats::Format::geo(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      HTML::Microformats::Format::geo(3pm)

NAME
HTML::Microformats::Format::geo - the geo microformat SYNOPSIS
use Data::Dumper; use HTML::Microformats::DocumentContext; use HTML::Microformats::Format::geo; my $context = HTML::Microformats::DocumentContext->new($dom, $uri); my @geos = HTML::Microformats::Format::geo->extract_all( $dom->documentElement, $context); foreach my $geo (@geos) { printf("%s;%s ", $geo->get_latitude, $geo->get_longitude); } DESCRIPTION
HTML::Microformats::Format::geo inherits from HTML::Microformats::Format. See the base class definition for a description of property getter/setter methods, constructors, etc. Additional Method o "to_kml" This method exports the geo object as KML. It requires RDF::KML::Exporter to work, and will throw an error at run-time if it's not available. MICROFORMAT
HTML::Microformats::Format::geo supports geo as described at <http://microformats.org/wiki/geo>, with the following additions: o 'altitude' property You may provide an altitude as either a number (taken to be metres above sea level) or an embedded hMeasure. e.g.: <span class="geo"> lat: <span class="latitude">12.34</span>, long: <span class="longitude">56.78</span>, alt: <span class="altitude">90</span> metres. </span> <span class="geo"> lat: <span class="latitude">12.34</span>, long: <span class="longitude">56.78</span>, alt: <span class="altitude hmeasure"> <span class="num">90</span> <span class="unit">m</span> </span>. </span> o 'body' and 'reference-frame' The geo microformat is normally only defined for WGS84 co-ordinates on Earth. Using 'body' and 'reference-frame' properties (each of which take string values), you may give co-ordinates on other planets, asteroids, moons, etc; or on Earth but using a non-WGS84 system. RDF OUTPUT
Data is returned using the W3C's vCard vocabulary (<http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns#>) and the W3C's WGS84 vocabulary (<http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#>). For non-WGS84 co-ordinates, UNGEO (<http://buzzword.org.uk/rdf/ungeo#>) is used instead. BUGS
Please report any bugs to <http://rt.cpan.org/>. SEE ALSO
HTML::Microformats::Format, HTML::Microformats, HTML::Microformats::Format::hCard. AUTHOR
Toby Inkster <tobyink@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2008-2011 Toby Inkster This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THIS PACKAGE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-06 HTML::Microformats::Format::geo(3pm)