Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: If loop not ending
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If loop not ending Post 302817229 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 5th of June 2013 12:28:46 PM
Old 06-05-2013
I think you want
Code:
while [[ ! -f "$file"  ]] && [[ $lc -lt 15 ]]; do
  sleep 60
  let lc=lc+1
done
if [[ -f "$file ]]
then
fi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ending Mail

hello, I a problem. I would like write script in True64 Unix.see below. last testerkl | head > mailfile.asc wolteru < mailfile.asc With the "last" command I get a list when testerkl logged on. And I would like to send this to a user. But how can I write in a "ctrl.-d" and "ctrl.-c" that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File- Ending

Hi folks! I'm new in this forum and in the UNIX-world too!! I've got a real problem: I have to read out datas like name and e-mail-adress from a Windows- Server from the active directory and put this information into a file. This file should be moved (or copied) on a Unix- Server... But I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spikylina
3 Replies

3. Programming

executables ending with *

Hi All, I m very new to unix. I have a basic doubt .. In unix I m seeing that there is a * at the end of by executable name (exe1*).. Wht is the significance of that Thanks a lot in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: binums
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

never ending loop

Guys I have a script like the one below. One script executes another script in a loop. but i want the other script within the main script to be executed only 3 times. the script within the main script again references the main script after its execution. plz help. while } ] do... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ending a script

Hi all, I am trying to end a Menu script. Can people suggest various methods please? At the moment I am doing: quit=n while do ...Code Code Code... read userinput case $userinput in q|Q) quit=y;; esac done But this doesn't seem to work every time, occasionally it will work,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejreading
6 Replies

6. SCO

File name ending with @

Hi Current SCO Unix 5.05 I see that there are filenames with @ at the end of file name for example in the /usr/lib there is file lpadmin@ what does the @ represent when it is at the end of the file name Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atish0
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested for loop not ending

Hi All, Need help on below script for g in `cat /home/sid.txt` do for h in `cat /home/dev.txt` do symmaskdb -sid $g -dev $h list assign |grep FA |head -1|awk '{print $2}' > tt1.txt done done cat /home/sid.txt ************** 123 235 456 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove ending text

Hello, I am working with a list that contains a large number of files listed by their absolute path. I am trying to determine a way to delete the file name at the end of each line, therefore leaving just the directory path. For example, I'd like to go from: /home/something/file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omnivir
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ending Spam and Etc.

This is a very general question but the idea popped into my head several years ago and wanted the opinions of all the master jedi's of this forum. I had a client that no matter what was done to control there spam(spam assassin,anti-virus(email scanning) and etc) sooner or later something would slip... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)