Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exit Status Of Find Command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Exit Status Of Find Command Post 302816889 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 4th of June 2013 08:17:56 PM
Old 06-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariean
Thank you. May i please know how does the $ help in this operation? does it makes/converts the output of the find command to string?

And i guess the backslash is to escape/ignore the next subsequent character.

Code:
if [ ! -z "$(find . -type f -name \"*xyz*\")" ]

You don't need to escape the quotes inside the $(...) command substitution expansion. That is one HUGE advantage of $(...) over `...`.
Code:
if [ ! -z "$(find . -type f -name "*xyz*")" ]

will work just fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to find the exit status of last command in Unix?

Hi, I want to find the exit status of the last executed command in C Shell. Tried $? but getting the error Variable syntax...$? does not seem to work in C shell.. is there any other command in C shell to find the exit status of last command? Thanks in advance, raju (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajugp1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find the exit status for the last executed command

I am executing a find command in my script i.e find $2 -type f -name '*.gif' -mtime +$1 -exec rm {} \; how do i check that this command is executed properly.. i would lke t trap the errror and display my error message kinly help.. this is an urgent issue. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay.amirthraj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the exit status of a remote command

Hi to everyone. How can I get the exit status from a remote command executed with rexec? :eek: machine A has RedHat Linux 9 and the remote machine B has SCO UNIX. Code: rexec -l user -p password host sh /u/files/scripts/seq_cal.sh 2006 08 I want the exit status returned by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zoonalex
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Command and exit status problem

Hi All, I am using the following code to move files from one folder to another on the remote server: ssh username@server <<EOF cd source_dir find . -type f -name "*.txt" |xargs -n1000 -i{} mv {} dest_dir if then send mail indicating error otherwise echo "success" fi EOF ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: visingha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move Command and exit status problem

Hi All, I am using the following code to move files from one folder to another on the remote server: ssh username@server <<EOF cd source_dir find . -type f -name "*.txt" |xargs -n1000 -i{} mv {} dest_dir if then send mail indicating error otherwise echo "success" fi EOF ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: visingha
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find exit status problem

Hi All Its strange or i am doing it wrong.When find run successful it return exit status 0.And same if it didn't run successfully it return zero. find /var/www/html -maxdepth 1 -type f -name *.dsadas echo $? 0 find /var/www/html -maxdepth 1 -type f -name *.php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Logins command exit status is 236 not 0

I have noticed that on version 11.23 I get exit status 236 from the following command: logins -oxl root ; echo $? > 236 However on 11.31 I get the expected code 0 logins -oxl root ; echo $? > 0 The output is correct for both versions and contains no error data. Can anyone explain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parkea2
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Equivalents of tee command to find exit status of command

Hi, Want to log the output of command & check the exit status to find whether it succeeded or failed. > ls abc ls: abc: No such file or directory > echo $? 1 > ls abc 2>&1 | tee log ls: abc: No such file or directory > echo $? 0 Tee commands changes my exit status to be always... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to find exit status of piped command

Lois_Answer_Code=`sipsak -vv -s sip:192.168.1.3|grep -A 1 "reply received after"|grep SIP|awk '{print $2}'`How to find the exit status of | (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit Status of Command

Hi All, I am doing an export and import (datapump) of 4 schema. I know we can do an export of 4 schema in one command. But just want to know how to check the exit status if i do the export/import of 4 schema in different commands in background. Please suggest. Thanks, Mani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
1 Replies
condor_config_bind(1)					      General Commands Manual					     condor_config_bind(1)

Name
       condor_config_bind bind - together a set of configuration files

Synopsis
       condor_config_bind -help

condor_config_bind-o outputfileconfigfile1configfile2[configfile3...]

Description
       condor_config_binddynamically binds two or more Condor configuration files through the use of a new configuration file. The purpose of this
       tool is to allow the user to dynamically bind a local configuration file into an already created,  and  possible  immutable,  configuration
       file. This is particularly useful when the user wants to modify a configuration but cannot actually make any changes to the global configu-
       ration file (even to change the list of local configuration files). This program does not modify the given configuration files. Rather,	it
       creates a new configuration file that specifies the given configuration files as local configuration files.

Condor  evaluates  each	of  the configuration files in the given command-line order (left to right). A value defined in two or more of the
       configuration files results in the last one evaluated defining the value. It overrides any others. To bind a new local configuration into a
       global configuration, specify the local configuration second within the command-line ordering.

Options
       configfile1

First configuration file to bind.

configfile2

Second configuration file to bind.

configfile3...

An optional list of other configuration files to bind.

-help

Display brief usage information and exit

-o output_file

Specifies the file name where this program should output the binding configuration.

Exit Status
       condor_config_bindwill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and non-zero on error.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright  (C)  1990-2012  Condor  Team,  Computer  Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012					     condor_config_bind(1)