Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Symbols not found for architecture: trouble compiling with C++ Post 302816801 by Tyler_92 on Tuesday 4th of June 2013 03:34:23 PM
Old 06-04-2013
That works... Thanks!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

undefined symbols

i am trying to compile transcode on AIX v 4.3.3 with gcc 3.0.1 i am getting this error: gcc -shared -o .libs/libexport_null.so.0 export_null.o -lpthread -ldl -lc -Wl,-bnoentry -Wl,-bexport:.libs/libexport_null.exp ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: capability_flag ld: 0711-317... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thalex
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

bash...Not found through where(compiling source file)

Hi i have compiled and installed bash 3.2 on my hp-ux parisc its in path /usr/local/pkg/bash/bin/bash .....When im search for this bash (through whereis bash) im not findind but other which i hve done in same procedure( gettext,m4) ..Im able to find through whereis search option can any1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
3 Replies

3. AIX

Unresolved symbols

Hello experts , i have some strange problem, i wanted to create a shared object in AIX 5.3 for which i have compiled all my .cxx to .o which worked fine and then i created the .so from them , but when i do nm -Bo sample.so , i have many unresolved symbol, including printf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
0 Replies

4. Solaris

cc not found error in compiling perl modules

:rolleyes:make cc -c -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -xO3 -xdepend -DVERSION="2.121\" -DXS_VERSION=\"2.121\" -KPIC -I/usr/perl5/5.6.1/lib/sun4-solaris-64int/CORE Dumper.c make: cc: Command not found make: *** Error 127 cc -c -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -xarch=v8... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyophan
0 Replies

5. Programming

MinGW - Trouble Compiling Guile

This question is not about programming but compiling with GNU GCC/Make. I am not on a UNIX machine but am using the UNIX-like environment MSYS with MinGW for compiling. The problem that I am having is that I cannot get guile to compile. For some reason it cannot find libltdl which is part of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deluge
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Cross Compiling Issue of udev-151 for MIPS Little Endain Architecture

Hi All, I am trying to cross compile udev-151 for MIPS little endian architecture. I am configuring like this: ./configure --prefix=$PWD/sree --host=mips-linux-gnu configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host. If a cross compiler is detected then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsreeram
3 Replies

7. Programming

Trouble compiling program using the readline library.

Hi: in the info page for readline library I read -- Function: void rl_variable_dumper (int readable) Print the readline variable names and their current values to `rl_outstream'. If READABLE is non-zero, the list is formatted in such a way that it can be made part of an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stf92
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling libcdio-paranoia, gcc found - C compiler doesnt work

Heyas I'm currently trying to make a fresh build from scratch/source of FFMPEG. This said, it brings quite a tail with it, so the use of a script was very obvious. Anyway, i'm currently stuck at named package. Lets ignore the tarball/download line, as the error is after. Commands... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies
CMPDYLIB(1)						      General Commands Manual						       CMPDYLIB(1)

NAME
cmpdylib - compare two dynamic shared libraries for compatibility SYNOPSIS
cmpdylib oldLibrary newLibrary DESCRIPTION
cmpdylib compares two versions of a dynamic shared library to see if they are compatible with each other. If the two versions are incompat- ible, the reason is printed to stdout, and the exit status is nonzero. If they are compatible, nothing is printed, and the exit status is zero. To see if the two versions are compatible, cmpdylib first verifies that newLibrary was built for all of the architectures that oldLibrary was built for. If so, for each architecture, it checks to see if the global symbols defined in oldLibrary are still defined in newLibrary. It then looks for new symbols, symbols defined in newLibrary that are not defined in oldLibrary. If it finds new symbols, it compares the compatibility version numbers of the two libraries. If the compatibility version number of newLibrary is greater than oldLibrary, the libraries are still compatible. If the compatibility version number is the same or less, the libraries are incompatible. OPTIONS
oldLibrary The older version of the library. newLibrary The newer version of the library. EXAMPLES
This example shows the result of performing cmpdylib on two incompatible versions of the Foundation library. As stated, the versions are incompatible because the newer version was not built for the ppc architecture. cmpdylib /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation Foundation_proj/Foundation cmpdylib: file: Foundation_proj/Foundation does not contain architecture: ppc cmpdylib: new dynamic shared library: Foundation_proj/Foundation does not contain architecture ppc DIAGNOSTICS
The exit status is zero if the library versions are compatible and nonzero if they are incompatible. BUGS
There are lots of other things that could be checked for that are not (such as the Objective C API). Apple Computer, Inc. November 3, 1997 CMPDYLIB(1)