Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Howto remove extra space in the file Post 302816771 by ken6503 on Tuesday 4th of June 2013 02:04:18 PM
Old 06-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotne
This is a very commonly used solution. It reconstruct every field setting default one space as filed separator.
{$1=$1} reconstruct
1 print every line
Thanks for your explanation.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove extra lines in the file

Hi, I have some files, with some extra lines in weird characters on the top and bottom of the. I want to get rid of those line. Is there a way I can do that? example of the input file. I want to get rid of those lines in bold  ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: CamTu
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

[Solved] Howto change subdirectory easily using cd

Hi all, how to change the path easily from /u01/oracle/oradata/newdb/tab >cd olddb /u01/oracle/oradata/olddb/tab > or /u01/oracle/oradata/newdb/tab >cd u05 /u05/oracle/oradata/newdb/tab > I am lazy for typing the abs. path again... As I know there is some "tips" in doing this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

m4 adds extra space at top of file.

I have used m4 in the past to generate source code where aesthetics and space were of no consequence . Now I am using it to generate script and program templates . So here is an excerpt from my m4 file for producing a generic bash script: dnl `$Id$' define(`START_SCRIPT',`#!/bin/bash... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to remove extra commas from CSV outp file

Name,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Domain,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Contact,Phone,Email,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Location -----------------------,------------------------------------------------,-------,-----,---------------------------------,------------------------------------ ----... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove extra double quotes from string in a delimited file??

Hi Unix Gurus.. I am new to Unix. Please help me. The file I am getting is as follows: Input File "2011-07-06 03:53:23","0","I","NOT SET ",,,,"123985","SAW CUT CONCRETE SLAB 20"THICK",,"98.57","","EACH","N" "2011-07-06 03:53:23","0","I","NOT SET ",,,,"204312","ARMAFLEX-1 3/8 X... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BICC
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

howto remove meta info about MP4 or FLV file downloaded off Youtube?

Hi I tried a tool called mediainfo > brew info media-info media-info 0.7.51 http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net Depends on: pkg-config /usr/local/Cellar/media-info/0.7.51 (3 files, 14M) http://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/commits/master/Library/Formula/media-info.rb Got details from a test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] remove file extension

Hi, I have some files with some extension e.g. abc.xml.REMOVE,xyz.xml,efg.xml.REMOVE . I have to remove the .REMOVE extension. I can display it using the below script but cannot rename it. ls -l|sed 's/\.REMOVE//' How can I rename this? Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Help to remove a line from a file

Hi, I just upgraded one my server to latest version RHEL, I have many users who will do SSH from another server. I wanted to update all of the users home directory and remove the security key. For example. /home/XYZ/.ssh/known_hosts and remove this hostsname. Please see below and advise.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

To remove the extra spaces at the end of each line in a file

I have a file of about 10k records and eace line is having an extra space of 5 byte at the end.. Iwant to remove the extra spaces at the end of each line.. Can someone please help me out.. I tried using sed command and its not working... can someone please help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammohan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extra Space in output - remove

Hi All I am trying to perform the below operation -count=`cat abc.txt | wc -l` echo$count 5 Head=Start"$DATE"00000"$count"File echo $HEAD START15020300000 5File There is a space coming before 5 which is not needed . How to ignore that . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
4 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)