Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Howto remove extra space in the file Post 302816729 by shamrock on Tuesday 4th of June 2013 12:57:39 PM
Old 06-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
Using awk
Code:
awk '{$1=$1}1' file

very clever Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove extra lines in the file

Hi, I have some files, with some extra lines in weird characters on the top and bottom of the. I want to get rid of those line. Is there a way I can do that? example of the input file. I want to get rid of those lines in bold  ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: CamTu
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

[Solved] Howto change subdirectory easily using cd

Hi all, how to change the path easily from /u01/oracle/oradata/newdb/tab >cd olddb /u01/oracle/oradata/olddb/tab > or /u01/oracle/oradata/newdb/tab >cd u05 /u05/oracle/oradata/newdb/tab > I am lazy for typing the abs. path again... As I know there is some "tips" in doing this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

m4 adds extra space at top of file.

I have used m4 in the past to generate source code where aesthetics and space were of no consequence . Now I am using it to generate script and program templates . So here is an excerpt from my m4 file for producing a generic bash script: dnl `$Id$' define(`START_SCRIPT',`#!/bin/bash... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to remove extra commas from CSV outp file

Name,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Domain,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Contact,Phone,Email,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Location -----------------------,------------------------------------------------,-------,-----,---------------------------------,------------------------------------ ----... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove extra double quotes from string in a delimited file??

Hi Unix Gurus.. I am new to Unix. Please help me. The file I am getting is as follows: Input File "2011-07-06 03:53:23","0","I","NOT SET ",,,,"123985","SAW CUT CONCRETE SLAB 20"THICK",,"98.57","","EACH","N" "2011-07-06 03:53:23","0","I","NOT SET ",,,,"204312","ARMAFLEX-1 3/8 X... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BICC
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

howto remove meta info about MP4 or FLV file downloaded off Youtube?

Hi I tried a tool called mediainfo > brew info media-info media-info 0.7.51 http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net Depends on: pkg-config /usr/local/Cellar/media-info/0.7.51 (3 files, 14M) http://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/commits/master/Library/Formula/media-info.rb Got details from a test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] remove file extension

Hi, I have some files with some extension e.g. abc.xml.REMOVE,xyz.xml,efg.xml.REMOVE . I have to remove the .REMOVE extension. I can display it using the below script but cannot rename it. ls -l|sed 's/\.REMOVE//' How can I rename this? Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Help to remove a line from a file

Hi, I just upgraded one my server to latest version RHEL, I have many users who will do SSH from another server. I wanted to update all of the users home directory and remove the security key. For example. /home/XYZ/.ssh/known_hosts and remove this hostsname. Please see below and advise.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

To remove the extra spaces at the end of each line in a file

I have a file of about 10k records and eace line is having an extra space of 5 byte at the end.. Iwant to remove the extra spaces at the end of each line.. Can someone please help me out.. I tried using sed command and its not working... can someone please help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammohan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extra Space in output - remove

Hi All I am trying to perform the below operation -count=`cat abc.txt | wc -l` echo$count 5 Head=Start"$DATE"00000"$count"File echo $HEAD START15020300000 5File There is a space coming before 5 which is not needed . How to ignore that . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)